Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Love the Kipling Cover Chin - kind of a Great traditional styled Tattoo there actually! mmmmm :rolleyes: That Translucent Horn is something else too!

I love that fixed Blade- Lambsfoot Style! - I am going to do something like that one day!

Jack- Ha! My daughter was trying to get Sue and I to go to that Cafe to try out the local "Beverages", no thanks,had enough Tea in my younger days ;), Amsterdam is not the place to be Super Paranoid with a Million people bustling all around you lol. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Kelsey said it was one of the better " Classier" ones around- and it was by the looks of things, that Cafe is up around the Museum District, I forget the Square- it was named after a Battle leader or something like that- we will have it on the maps there somewhere.

I like that photo, Jack! :thumbsup:

Jack, I think I can guess the answer, but I’ll ask anyways: how do you feel about Viennese Whirls? :D

They say if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all…

(Recycled photo.)

EoYuNVv.jpg

Thanks Barrett, wee tinder pouch I picked up at the Jorvik Viking Festival :)

I can't remember the last time I had a Viennese Whirl, I've certainly never bought them. For the past 20 years, it's been only very occasionally I've brought home biscuits/cookies, cake, candy, pie, etc, as I can polish them off pretty quickly, and would end up being a lot fatter than I am already :eek: When, I do buy biscuits, I tend to go with the simple ones, such as Digestives, or Fig Rolls (Fig Newtons) occasionally. During the lockdown, I thought I should treat myself a little, but as it's gone on so long now, the combination of pies (only 3 in 2 months), biscuits, and a LOT of beer, and less exercise than usual, is something I may need to address ;) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Well worth recycling my friend :) :thumbsup:

I'd never heard of Viennese Whirls, but pictures on the internet look delicious!

Of course, I'd only heard of Jammie Dodgers because of Doctor Who. :cool::thumbsup:
Iq48cmg.jpg

Great pic Rachel :D :thumbsup:

Just trying to stay cool with my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot and a good warm-weather beer. :thumbsup:

fUUWZRY.jpg

(I don’t know why Eleanor looks like she’s conducting an orchestra in the background.) :D

Great pic Barrett! :D :) :thumbsup:

Looks like she's popping out of the can! :D

That was my thought Vince! :D Canned Eleanor! :D :thumbsup:

Me too. :D
Still need to try Jelly Babies.

I think you'd be disappointed John, there's not really much too them, but they're quirky and old-fashioned. I'll try to remember to send you some sometime :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack. Well it’s no JB SFO.:D The F&F is quite good. The blade favors the pile side, but no blade rub. One haft is thicker than the other, which is not objectionable to me. The covers had the exact look that I wanted in Pére David. I also found attractive that it was a Big'un. Opens and closes very nicely.

Thanks for the report my friend :D While I think that a slightly off-centre blade is acceptable on an inexpensive factory-made knife, I do wish they'd address the issue, and centre them. I don't have any Pere David examples, but I think it can look quite nice - or it can look terrible - I've seen examples of both. I'm glad you got a decent one Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Now Jack, are we going to have to get on you about posting non-lambsfoot content in the thread? It could just be the angle of a the photo, but that blade looks like the offspring of a sheepsfoot and a hawkbill to me.... ;) :D

Well Greg, I'm sure you know that there has been a history in this thread of posting examples of "Lambsfoot" knives, which clearly aren't, such as the Carl Kammerling (CK) knives with the 'Real Lambfoot' etch, and a Wharncliffe blade, for discussion purposes ;) However, in this case, I think it is just the camera angle, since Eggington do produce Lambsfoot knives. Still pretty darn ugly in my opinion though o_O :thumbsup:

Kevin - What’s life without spice mi amigo?! I know you and Jack like a good bowl of Pho, so I took this pic of another tasty Vietnamese-French concoction I’m sure you know - the banh mi, or roast pork roll:

9816GWH.jpg

Jack - While that millennium Lambsfoot has a certain Austin Powers shamelessness, I mean ‘panache’ to it :D, I wonder what kind of mind could have conceived such a thing? Certainly no lover of knives, I’ll bet! I guess technically you could say they’re keeping the great houses alive if generations of working cutlers are rolling in their graves?!

Yeah, I see a slight hawkbill curve to the blade as well - or is it just a funky camera angle?

Thanks for the kind comments too, it certainly makes a change from the Aussie tradition, where if you’re liked and accepted, your friends will say all sorts of awful things about you in jest!

That book cover looks great, I’d read that for sure!

I have to say I really enjoy the conversational riffs and sub themes to the main Lambsfoot content here - it’s what gives this thread such character. Congrats on the 2000+ pages, by the way.

Ok, please forgive the hasty post while I get ready to head off to work again.

A bit of Kipling-Lambsfoot content:

jcgHrtC.jpg

And another old friend:

ijOB4zu.jpg

I am certainly missing my Pho Chin, and eating out in general. I never thought of the French influence on the Banh mi, that looks very tasty my friend :) I'm hoping my Yorkshire Vietnamese friends are doing OK, and I'm looking forward to seeing them again :) :thumbsup:

IFZ2lOT.jpg

BJmZmZZ.jpg

Q3wBqFr.jpg

That's one way of putting it Chin! :D I don't why they thought a knife that ugly would sell, let alone anything else! o_O I guess that's why they're being flogged off on the bay :rolleyes:

We have the same thing here Chin, with friends slagging each other, often saying the most terrible things! :D :thumbsup:

It's great seeing you here mate, and thanks for the great pics :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone has had a good Monday and grand evening.

7Jh5t4B.jpg

Nice pic Dylan :) :thumbsup:

Love the Kipling Cover Chin - kind of a Great traditional styled Tattoo there actually! mmmmm :rolleyes: That Translucent Horn is something else too!

I love that fixed Blade- Lambsfoot Style! - I am going to do something like that one day!

Jack- Ha! My daughter was trying to get Sue and I to go to that Cafe to try out the local "Beverages", no thanks,had enough Tea in my younger days ;), Amsterdam is not the place to be Super Paranoid with a Million people bustling all around you lol. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Kelsey said it was one of the better " Classier" ones around- and it was by the looks of things, that Cafe is up around the Museum District, I forget the Square- it was named after a Battle leader or something like that- we will have it on the maps there somewhere.

I was thinking the same Duncan, I had a few school pals who had tattoos like that! :D

LOL! :D Good move mate! :D Yeah, that is definitely one of the classier coffee shops compared to a lot of the ones I've seen in Amsterdam, a place where I've spent a lot of time :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, I hope that you're all keeping safe and well, what a year this is! :eek: I thought @Cambertree might like this pic of my Hartshead Barlow ;) :thumbsup:

j3T0q62.jpg

Chuffin' 'eck! :D :thumbsup: Thanks mate :) :thumbsup:

Thats al'rowt chuck. :D

Skirts.
HbtDfWz.jpg

Of course I grew up in a haunted house, so who knows what I saw and didn't remember.

Sounds like there's some tales to be told there Jer. :):thumbsup:

I particularly like Edgar Rice Burroughs works. You Lambfoot is particularly nice too:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Bill. I've had an 18th edition (1928) of Tarzan sat on my bookshelf for 10 years that was some lockdown reading. I really enjoyed it and then I watched the film 'Land that Time Forgot' (with Victor McClure) and that inspired me to buy his Caspak books. I enjoyed them so much I bought the first 5 books of his Barsoom series. Just finished 'Princess of Mars'. :thumbsup:

As the late great Charlie Mike used to say " Stay armed, stay alert, stay alive, hooa " ;)

I can do two out three.

That Lambsfoot display is pretty cool. It is a shame that so many small family owned shops are closing down. :(
It looks like you had a nice walk in some beautiful scenery.

I had the little ox horn Lamb with me today.
49957317798_94f2f2fe47_h.jpg

Barnitts in York is a great shop that's been there for years so hopefully it'll bounce back as it's sort of a York institution. Last year they had actually sold off some of the building to be developed into flats, which a lot of people weren't happy with, but given the current fiasco it could actually turn out to be the best move they ever made.
That's a great shot of your ox horn lamb there; and I love that little Trabant. :thumbsup:

I like novelty knives on the whole, but this 'Limited Edition Millennium Lambsfoot', produced by Eggington in 2000, with the Joseph Rodgers tang stamp, leaves me cold! Far from keeping the old Sheffield names of George Wostenholm, George Ibberson, William Rodgers, Joseph Allen, Joseph Rodgers alive, I think this firm has just dragged them through the mud o_O

41NJ7uAcxpL._AC_.jpg

Ok, someones got to say it.
Jack, you know the rules. Only Lambsfoot knives in the Guardians thread please.:D:D

Trying to inject a little humor into the crazy world we live in. :)

That little chap gets my vote. :thumbsup:
Great looking stag there. :)

What with the social whirl my life is in currently, I forgeot to turn the page on my vintage sci-fi calendar :rolleyes:

IX1D9ds.jpg

The Robot Men of Bubble City sounds like quite a tale! :D :cool:

Oh that looks great! It reminds me of one of the sci-fi films I watched yesterday.
Fire Maidens from Outer Space.

Apparently regarded as being the worst film ever made.:D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Maidens_from_Outer_Space

Good Afternoon Guardians

This just in...A Pére David Big'un
View attachment 1351241

View attachment 1351242

That's nice Harvey. :thumbsup:

Just trying to stay cool with my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot and a good warm-weather beer. :thumbsup:

fUUWZRY.jpg

(I don’t know why Eleanor looks like she’s conducting an orchestra in the background.) :D

Funny picture. :):thumbsup:

Today, just 'cos I fancy a change.
V4NmCIT.jpg

Thats al'rowt chuck. :D

:D :thumbsup:

Ok, someones got to say it.
Jack, you know the rules. Only Lambsfoot knives in the Guardians thread please.:D:D

Well, if anyone wants to buy one, they can take a better pic :rolleyes:

Oh that looks great! It reminds me of one of the sci-fi films I watched yesterday.
Fire Maidens from Outer Space.

Apparently regarded as being the worst film ever made.:D

LOL!, I might watch that later :D :thumbsup:

V4NmCIT.jpg

I'm glad you finally got your Lapplander David :) :thumbsup:

I like novelty knives on the whole, but this 'Limited Edition Millennium Lambsfoot', produced by Eggington in 2000, with the Joseph Rodgers tang stamp, leaves me cold! Far from keeping the old Sheffield names of George Wostenholm, George Ibberson, William Rodgers, Joseph Allen, Joseph Rodgers alive, I think this firm has just dragged them through the mud o_O

41NJ7uAcxpL._AC_.jpg
They couldn't even be clear whether it was a lambsfoot, a sheepsfoot, or a hawksbill.

You could pair that knife with a fine English side by side shotgun, and it wouldn’t look out of place.
Don't tempt me... I've been wanting a side by side or over/under for quite a while. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm not sure which looks better, the sammich or the Lambsfoot. Both are beautiful. :cool::thumbsup:

Fantastic picture, Dylan. :cool::thumbsup:

the combination of pies (only 3 in 2 months), biscuits, and a LOT of beer, and less exercise than usual, is something I may need to address ;) :thumbsup:
"So Say We All". :D

I'll try to remember to send you some sometime :thumbsup:
That would be great. They are quite expensive from Amazon. :):thumbsup:

That picture put the first smile of the day on my face. :cool::thumbsup:

Apparently regarded as being the worst film ever made.
Now I'm tempted to see it. :D

Both Fancy and Functional... Great picture. :cool::thumbsup:

You haven't seen The Mummy vs. the Aztec Zombie.
Another one to put on the list I guess.
I regard the movie "She" as the worst movie worth watching. :D

Well, if anyone wants to buy one, they can take a better pic :rolleyes:
Lol... :D:thumbsup:

Punch was about the only choice available. The cartoons were the only funny thing in there, but worth the price of the magazine
We, or at least I, discovered Punch on our 1967 grand tour. It was all about the cartoons.
WqIakyt.jpg

Sounds like there's some tales to be told there Jer. :)
Fortunately, I'm less sensitive than most. I heard the upstairs footsteps only once, but I expect it was the little guy down the register who messed with my perceptions of skirted footstools.
8FNBrnU.jpg

Don't tempt me... I've been wanting a side by side or over/under for quite a while. :cool:
If you want to go English, I think you want the side-by-side.
iIB3wVa.jpg

Last edited:

Sign of the times Chuck :) :thumbsup:

They couldn't even be clear whether it was a lambsfoot, a sheepsfoot, or a hawksbill.

Seems they put no more thought into their photography than they do into their knife designs o_O

That would be great. They are quite expensive from Amazon. :):thumbsup:

Guess that must be the secondary Doctor Who fan market ;) They're inexpensive here :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I have a fun lunch meeting today with two friends from work.
We are having coffee and sammiches in the park... Social distancing of course.

Sounds good John :) :thumbsup:

I found it:
20nkUwI.jpg

We, or at least I, discovered Punch on our1967 grand tour. It was all about the cartoons.
WqIakyt.jpg

Fortunately, I'm less sensitive than most. I heard the upstairs footsteps only once, but I expect it was the little guy down the register who messed with my perceptions of skirted footstools.
8FNBrnU.jpg

If you want to go English, I think you want the side-by-side.
iIB3wVa.jpg

Eclectic reading selection Jer :cool: Nice Lambsfoot line-up too :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone has had a good Monday and grand evening.

7Jh5t4B.jpg
Dylan, I gave two thumbs up for the photo and that beautiful Ebony Lambsfoot!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

V4NmCIT.jpg
There's nothing wrong with change David! Especially when it is that nice! ;) Great looking Laplander! :thumbsup: :)

Good Morning Guardians
I have a fun lunch meeting today with two friends from work.
We are having coffee and sammiches in the park... Social distancing of course.
Don't forget to show them your Lambsfoot and that beautiful pocket slip John! :thumbsup: :)

Good morning Guardians! Hope y'all are safe and well! :) This morning I'm hanging out with "Stan"! ;) A 2019 Jack Black Guardians SFO in Ironwood! Y'all have a great Tuesday! :thumbsup:

33558286548_dd533e0f6d_o.jpg

Stan is looking in fine form Ron :) :thumbsup:

Back