Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Thanks for the photos Rob! I keep going back to the old Lambsfoot again and again! It's just a fabulous old knife my friend! :thumbsup: :cool: :D

Congratulations and welcome to the Guardians Don! :thumbsup: That's another nice GAW prize package from Jack! :cool: :D

Bill that's a great story and a beautiful little FN my friend. :cool: And, of course, the Stag Hartshead is looking great as usual! :thumbsup: :D
Thanks Ron, I very much appreciate your kind remarks.

35285270820_84a8bd9072_m.jpg

Thanks Jack for your very kind comments related to my post about my dad and his service during WWll. Greatest generation indeed.

The pleasure was all mine Bill, he must have been quite a man :) :thumbsup:

That would last me 20 years. :D

Me too... But I enjoy the odd one now and again.

I might get through them faster than that, my neighbour has already had a couple of bottles, and I'm taking another couple down for my pal on the tool-stall tomorrow, and my girlfriend is coming later :rolleyes:

Yes, I do too John, but I no longer know what's 'Hot', and what's not! :D :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Suffering a long stretch of 100+ degree temperatures.
But it sure is nice to wake up early to enjoy the cool breeze. :cool::thumbsup:

After a period of rather miserable weather, it's in the 90's here today, which is hot enough for me! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I'm carrying my William Rodgers this morning. Y'all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

49987803206_36dc3afabc_o.jpg

Nice to see that one again Ron :) :thumbsup:

Good morning all.:) Rainy morning so I decided to tend to my knives including my HHB instead of doing out door stuff. A little oil and wipe down and everything is as it should be:D. Guess the next thing will be to sharpen the kitchen knives... mundane drudgery:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
View attachment 1365168

There's always jobs to do Bill! :eek: I struggle to get half of mine done! :rolleyes: :D Nice photo of your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:

I'm really sorry Don, I somehow managed to miss your post until now! :eek:

Welcome to the Guardians! :) I'm glad you finally got your giveaway prize :) Your knife is one of a short SFO run I had made at the beginning of the year, with covers of bagpipe ebony. The ebony wasn't as black as I was promised unfortunately. The symbol on the pin is the White Rose of Yorkshire. I'm glad you like the knife Don, and hope you enjoy using the pattern :) :thumbsup:

Ok, thanks, Jack-- "bagpipe ebony"... It is a fine knife and I'm glad to finally experience the pattern. It's high time, I think :)
I have read some posts here on the forum deriding the general quality of these A. Wright / Sheffield creations, but this one is a great specimen. I'm a lucky knife nut. I will try my best to uphold the legacy and fulfill my Guardian responsibility ;)
Thanks again, Jack for the generous GAW. I'm happy to finally have a LF :thumbsup:

And thanks to JohnDF JohnDF cigarrodog cigarrodog @mitch4ging Half/Stop Half/Stop and anyone else who took the time to congratulate me. You're all a fine bunch. Unfortunately, I have been taking a break from the forum due to longstanding carpal tunnel issues. It comes and goes. Like last year, I am also taking a break because it's summer and I like to relax on my boat :)

The fall will likely find me back in action here, with more experience with my new lambsfoot :cool:
Until then, best of health and happiness to all of you!

Don

Thank you Jack! :) Hope you get that nap in pal! ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you Ron, I actually fell asleep for an hour earlier! :D :thumbsup:

Ok, thanks, Jack-- "bagpipe ebony"... It is a fine knife and I'm glad to finally experience the pattern. It's high time, I think :)
I have read some posts here on the forum deriding the general quality of these A. Wright / Sheffield creations, but this one is a great specimen. I'm a lucky knife nut. I will try my best to uphold the legacy and fulfill my Guardian responsibility ;)
Thanks again, Jack for the generous GAW. I'm happy to finally have a LF :thumbsup:

And thanks to JohnDF JohnDF cigarrodog cigarrodog @mitch4ging Half/Stop Half/Stop and anyone else who took the time to congratulate me. You're all a fine bunch. Unfortunately, I have been taking a break from the forum due to longstanding carpal tunnel issues. It comes and goes. Like last year, I am also taking a break because it's summer and I like to relax on my boat :)

The fall will likely find me back in action here, with more experience with my new lambsfoot :cool:
Until then, best of health and happiness to all of you!

Don

Yes, the ebony came from a manufacturer of bagpipes, they need long lengths for the pipes! :D I think there's a world of difference between the SFOs and the standard knives, I was actually disappointed with the quality of that last SFO as many of the blades were off-centre, and I've given most of them away. I'm glad you're pleased with it Don, and hope you'll hang out with us here later in the year. Sorry to hear about the CT :( :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going well so far :) I thought I'd drop my AC in my pocket today :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

I LOVE that pic Jack ;)

Such a great picture. :cool::thumbsup:

Gracias John :)

Looks like I'm an official member now.

Welcome !!! :thumbsup: :)

LOL! :D The teachers poor knot-tying helped me escape ;) By coincidence, and unbeknown to me at the time, Harry Houdini used to stay just across the road from my parents house, and just up the road from the school, back in the day. He visited Sheffield times, and was friends with a local escapologist. Apparently in the attic of the house, there are still some holes cut in the roof beams in the attic, that they had cut to tie ropes to, in order to practice their escape techniques.

That's so cool Jack :thumbsup:

My father was in the headquarters Battalion of the 200th Field Artillery and recipient of the Purple Heart and Bronze Star medals.

Thanks for sharing about your Dad's service Bill !

Cool photo, Dan! What is it abiut railroad tracks that draws us, i love walking along them. Maybe reminders of childhood adventures!
Yes, that must be it Dennis :thumbsup: So many walks in my childhood following the tracks with my friends, trying to see who could walk the longest on top the rails.
Oh no! A Californian complaining about how hot it is, I am not sure I can take it ;):D
csC6Mex.jpg

Meanwhile in Canada
57niN0s.jpg

When I got home picked the garden and made pickled carrots and green beans:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Looks great Taylor :thumbsup:
Talking about fermented stuff .... my sourdough just came out of the oven :)

Good morning Guardians !

F59RErb.jpg

I hope Queequeg made it out with them!?:D
Poor Queequeg. :( But now they have Dagoo! :)
Thank you Ron, I actually fell asleep for an hour earlier! :D :thumbsup:

Yes, the ebony came from a manufacturer of bagpipes, they need long lengths for the pipes! :D I think there's a world of difference between the SFOs and the standard knives, I was actually disappointed with the quality of that last SFO as many of the blades were off-centre, and I've given most of them away. I'm glad you're pleased with it Don, and hope you'll hang out with us here later in the year. Sorry to hear about the CT :( :thumbsup:
I'll pipe in to say that I'm very pleased with my ebony SFO. Thanks, Jack!
vuG2ewK.jpg

That's a nice supply Jack:thumbsup: should hold you a bit:thumbsup: the hoppy red @ 5.2 sounds very nice:) hope you have a good day and get a nap in at some point, Thanks Jack:thumbsup:
Great line-up Ed :cool: :) :thumbsup:

That's good to hear Rob :) Thank you my friend :) I sure got a lot of beer yesterday, there must be 200 bottles! :eek: Thought I'd stock up while the going is good ;) Here's one of the new ones I had last night :thumbsup:

FCDDMsq.jpg

Thanks Dennis:thumbsup: here's a little history of the lake, we are looking forward to retirement in Hollister:thumbsup:
9iLeDCs.png

mXqx6Ev.png

I hope Queequeg made it out with them!?:D:thumbsup:

We've been to Branson a couple of times, enjoy getting on Table Rock Lake, but will have to look up Lake Taneycomo, looks a little more peaceful. Great shot of your Lambsfoot, great looking knife for sure, Rob!:cool::thumbsup:

That's a fine jet black piece of ebony John:thumbsup: stay cool:thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
But it sure is nice to wake up early to enjoy the cool breeze. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the compliment:thumbsup:, I'm happy to be it's custodian for awhile:thumbsup: I really like the narrow frame and blade, makes me wonder if that was a thing back then or just the way this particular comany liked to make 'em.
Thanks for the photos Rob! I keep going back to the old Lambsfoot again and again! It's just a fabulous old knife my friend! :thumbsup: :cool: :D

I like this one Ron:thumbsup:, maybe it's just the angle of the photo, looks like it has a little belly to the blade?
Good morning Guardians! :) I'm carrying my William Rodgers this morning. Y'all have a safe day! :) :thumbsup:

49987803206_36dc3afabc_o.jpg

And my Lambfoot content from my morning coffee and taking the dogs out to do their thing.
HpWOYoq.jpg

The pleasure was all mine Bill, he must have been quite a man :) :thumbsup:

I might get through them faster than that, my neighbour has already had a couple of bottles, and I'm taking another couple down for my pal on the tool-stall tomorrow, and my girlfriend is coming later :rolleyes:

Yes, I do too John, but I no longer know what's 'Hot', and what's not! :D :thumbsup:

After a period of rather miserable weather, it's in the 90's here today, which is hot enough for me! :D :thumbsup:

Nice to see that one again Ron :) :thumbsup:

There's always jobs to do Bill! :eek: I struggle to get half of mine done! :rolleyes: :D Nice photo of your Hartshead Barlow :thumbsup:
Jack, there is a very strong connection between my deceased dad and England. He was sent to Devonshire to convalesce from his wounds during the Battle of the Bulge and there, befriended a local gentleman who has an estate somewhere near Devon. My father was only 18 or 19 years of age and was treated like a son. My dad used all of his influence in the armed forces to deliver chocolate, fresh fruit, and other gifts that made the family's Christmas one that they never forgot. My dad learned to ride horses and went on fox hunts. The gentleman (I can't recall his name) had a WWl fighter bi-plane in his barn. My dad taught himself to fly the darned thing and wanted to bring it back to the states but it was too much for the old gentleman to give up so it stayed there in the barn. I can recount all the experiences and good times my father experienced whilst in Devon. The many kindnesses shown too my father during the war by that family will never be forgotten by me or my children. Those kindnesses help mold him into the man he became and the best dad anyone could have.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I LOVE that pic Jack ;)

Yes, that must be it Dennis :thumbsup: So many walks in my childhood following the tracks with my friends, trying to see who could walk the longest on top the rails.

Oh no! A Californian complaining about how hot it is, I am not sure I can take it ;):D
csC6Mex.jpg

Meanwhile in Canada
57niN0s.jpg

Good morning Guardians !

F59RErb.jpg
Dan the loaf of bread and the knife look amazing. I can almost smell that bread fresh out of the oven.:D:D:D

I LOVE that pic Jack ;)

csC6Mex.jpg

Meanwhile in Canada
57niN0s.jpg

Good morning Guardians !

F59RErb.jpg
Beautiful scoring Dan! Lovely loaf!

Thanks Ron, I appreciate the compliment:thumbsup:, I'm happy to be it's custodian for awhile:thumbsup: I really like the narrow frame and blade, makes me wonder if that was a thing back then or just the way this particular comany liked to make 'em.

I like this one Ron:thumbsup:, maybe it's just the angle of the photo, looks like it has a little belly to the blade?

And my Lambfoot content from my morning coffee and taking the dogs out to do their thing.
HpWOYoq.jpg
Thanks Rob! You’re exactly right! The blade does have a slight belly. I guess it depends on the cutler that made the knife! Another beautiful oldie in that Encore my friend! :) :thumbsup:

:D
I sure got a lot of beer yesterday, there must be 200 bottles! :eek:
One less vexation.:D

Yes indeed :) Thank you for the kind words my friend :) I love that photo :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Thank you Jack.

but the upper echelon would not allow us to bring anything back, it did upset me more than a bit!:mad:
Your Horn Lamb always looks great, no matter the setting.:thumbsup:

Sweet treat! Great color blending, Harvey!
Thank you Dennis:)

Good Afternoon Guardians.
CB670C1B-3BBE-436A-AE43-4A3B1E349E1F.jpeg

Back