Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Hartshead Barlow while picking persimmons.

Nice photo :) :thumbsup:

Oooh, I love persimmons. And although I have made jam from many things, my wife's favorite is persimmon.

I had never had one before living in the Middle East as a teenager. Then they became quite popular here in the 1980's, but I don't see them much anymore.

Good morning Guardians, we're nearly halfway through the week already! Hope yours is going OK :) I missed my Hartshead Barlow yesterday, and am glad to have it back in my pocket today :thumbsup:

9ZJTuz1.jpg

Good morning Guardians, we're nearly halfway through the week already! Hope yours is going OK :) I missed my Hartshead Barlow yesterday, and am glad to have it back in my pocket today :thumbsup:

9ZJTuz1.jpg
They say time flies when you're having fun Jack! ;) Hope your day goes well my friend! Good to see your Hartshead this morning! :thumbsup:

I still had my DamLam out from Monday, so I decided to carry it today! I hope y'all can stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

33716411468_717745a913_b.jpg

Beautiful colours David, good to see you here mate :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Were starting to get some real nice colours over here now.

Hartshead Barlow while picking persimmons.

Cracking shot. Never eaten one of those.

"The Immortal Memory of Lord Nelson and those who fell with him".
V6DqI3X.jpg

Today is Trafalgar Day in the UK, celebrating the Royal Navy's victory at the Battle Of Trafalgar.
Not that anyone outside the Royal Navy takes a blind bit of notice of it as it's not a public holiday.

They say time flies when you're having fun Jack! ;) Hope your day goes well my friend! Good to see your Hartshead this morning! :thumbsup:

I still had my DamLam out from Monday, so I decided to carry it today! I hope y'all can stay safe out there! :) :thumbsup:

33716411468_717745a913_b.jpg

It certainly flies Ron! :D I've barely stopped this week, and I'd struggle to name 5 things I'd done! :rolleyes: Thanks my friend, you too :) Great to see the pile side of your DamLamb, that's some nice Ironwood :) :thumbsup:

Been extremely busy at work so I haven’t posted much lately. To busy to take pictures. But I still enjoy everyone’s posts.
View attachment 1441042

Good to see you here Chuck, I hope things ease up with work soon :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. Were starting to get some real nice colours over here now.

Cracking shot. Never eaten one of those.

"The Immortal Memory of Lord Nelson and those who fell with him".
V6DqI3X.jpg

Today is Trafalgar Day in the UK, celebrating the Royal Navy's victory at the Battle Of Trafalgar.
Not that anyone outside the Royal Navy takes a blind bit of notice of it as it's not a public holiday.

They're usually sold here as 'Sharon Fruit' I think David, though apparently that is just a marketing name for a particular variety :thumbsup:

I'll join you in a drop of Nelson's Blood later mate ;) :thumbsup:

mWqDSSM.jpg

When you're next out in Derbyshire, there's a whole load of easy Nelson-themed climbing routs on Birchen's Edge, where there is also a Nelson monument :thumbsup:

Like most lads of my generation, I started out with an aluminium Milbro catapult. Mine was given to me by by grandfather, but it had previously belonged to my uncle, and possibly my dad. The original is lost in the mists of time, but the original moulds have recently been used to cast new ones. Mine arrived today, with a set of square bands, which aren't worth tuppence :rolleyes:

aYiGIbq.jpg

I cut them off, and fitted them with a good quality traditional square set. They work OK, but I'll probably fit them with flat-bands eventually. I don't really need rubber this heavy, and it's kind of slow compared to the more modern stuff :thumbsup:

lhgCWmJ.jpg

Ok I've heard of Sharon fruit thanks.:thumbsup: I'll look for one next time I'm in some flash supermarket.

That's a nice tipple you have there if I say so myself.:):thumbsup: I've only beer, but I've just read that tradition states the toast is usually taken with port. :thumbsup:

Ok I've heard of Sharon fruit thanks.:thumbsup: I'll look for one next time I'm in some flash supermarket.

That's a nice tipple you have there if I say so myself.:):thumbsup: I've only beer, but I've just read that tradition states the toast is usually taken with port. :thumbsup:

Thanks David. I do like a drop of good port, but I don't think I've any in. I imagine they drank grog below decks ;) :thumbsup:

Like most lads of my generation, I started out with an aluminium Milbro catapult. Mine was given to me by by grandfather, but it had previously belonged to my uncle, and possibly my dad. The original is lost in the mists of time, but the original moulds have recently been used to cast new ones. Mine arrived today, with a set of square bands, which aren't worth tuppence :rolleyes:

aYiGIbq.jpg

I cut them off, and fitted them with a good quality traditional square set. They work OK, but I'll probably fit them with flat-bands eventually. I don't really need rubber this heavy, and it's kind of slow compared to the more modern stuff :thumbsup:

lhgCWmJ.jpg
This site is a bit balky today for some reason but I guess I need to soldier on thru. Anyway, Jack your HHB looks right at home with "Milbro". I used to make sling shots from my Grandma's cherry tree when I was a kid. Used old inner tubes that I cut up for the bands. What fun it was!:D

Good morning Guardians. I'm still wrestling with our site. Had to go into "More Options" in order to post something today. Also, I'm getting that pesky page asking me if I really want to "Like" those posts that I like.
On top of everything else I had a rather uncomfortable visit to the dentist this morning:eek:. Still numb:confused:. Hope you all have a better start to your Wednesday than I.
IMG_2677.JPG

but the original moulds have recently been used to cast new ones.
Excellent!
the toast is usually taken with port.
I have some nice Port!
Thanks David. I do like a drop of good port, but I don't think I've any in. I imagine they drank grog below decks ;)
Below decks they can drink seawater. I should say "we".
I had a rather uncomfortable visit to the dentist this morning:eek:. Still numb
Great time to practice your Alfred Hitchcock impression.
9QgBjrN.jpg

This site is a bit balky today for some reason but I guess I need to soldier on thru. Anyway, Jack your HHB looks right at home with "Milbro". I used to make sling shots from my Grandma's cherry tree when I was a kid. Used old inner tubes that I cut up for the bands. What fun it was!:D

Sometimes happens Bill :( Occasionally, it has been down altogether for me, as the bots are doing maintenance work in the middle of the (U.S.) night :rolleyes: Thank you sir, we used inner tubes too as kids :D Yes, a lot of fun :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians. I'm still wrestling with our site. Had to go into "More Options" in order to post something today. Also, I'm getting that pesky page asking me if I really want to "Like" those posts that I like.
On top of everything else I had a rather uncomfortable visit to the dentist this morning:eek:. Still numb:confused:. Hope you all have a better start to your Wednesday than I.
View attachment 1441085

Sounds like the pages were slow loading Bill, I get that a lot too, though sometimes it's actually my internet connection which is slow :roleyes: Sorry to hear about your dental visit, I hope the numbness has worn off now. Nice shot of your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

I have some nice Port!

9QgBjrN.jpg

I like vintage, but any port in a storm ;) That's a BIG Lambsfoot Jer ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack! The pile side is a little more colorful than the mark, but both are nice! :) :thumbsup:

The Ironwood ones were some of my favourites from that very limited run Ron :) :thumbsup:

Sometimes happens Bill :( Occasionally, it has been down altogether for me, as the bots are doing maintenance work in the middle of the (U.S.) night :rolleyes: Thank you sir, we used inner tubes too as kids :D Yes, a lot of fun :) :thumbsup:

Sounds like the pages were slow loading Bill, I get that a lot too, though sometimes it's actually my internet connection which is slow :roleyes: Sorry to hear about your dental visit, I hope the numbness has worn off now. Nice shot of your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

I like vintage, but any port in a storm ;) That's a BIG Lambsfoot Jer ;) :thumbsup:

The Ironwood ones were some of my favourites from that very limited run Ron :) :thumbsup:
Going in this afternoon for round two with the dentist. Cap fell off. Needs stronger glue I guess. The pages are loading much better this afternoon:)

Back