Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

True Cudgee matey - compared to you guys- Whew- No thanks!, The one thing that is extreme here is not so much the Temperature- but the UV in areas, In Auckland on a 30 or 32 degree day- the Sun actually stings your Skin very badly and I burn in 5 minutes, where as in England when Sue and I were walking around for a complete day- it was 30 degrees and I was really worried as I didn't put Sunblock on- it turned out to be not a problem I didnt get burnt at all :eek:- such a massive difference!

True Cudgee matey - compared to you guys- Whew- No thanks!, The one thing that is extreme here is not so much the Temperature- but the UV in areas, In Auckland on a 30 or 32 degree day- the Sun actually stings your Skin very badly and I burn in 5 minutes, where as in England when Sue and I were walking around for a complete day- it was 30 degrees and I was really worried as I didn't put Sunblock on- it turned out to be not a problem I didnt get burnt at all :eek:- such a massive difference!
It is the same here mate, from September, it not even the Temperature it is the UV. You see people getting around in shorts when it is only about 20 degrees and because it is not hot they think they are fine. Next day they look like lobsters. They just don't get it.

n7pv2VK.jpg

I have it on good authority that this was the Barlow mentioned in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
:p:D:cool:

Of course Vince :thumbsup:, I knew that !:cool::D

Nice, a lake full of sailboats :thumbsup:
Here is turning too cold for that now. We put the boats away for the winter couple weeks ago :(
In a few days they change our time too so sunset will be earlier ( around 5 pm , by Christmas is close to 4 )

But we got plans for this winter :thumbsup::) , should be good !

Good morning all, hope everyone has a good week, and look after yourselves, looks like different times ahead with restrictions.:)

Fp2rwtU.jpg

That's good news Leon, and a great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

n7pv2VK.jpg

I have it on good authority that this was the Barlow mentioned in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
:p:D:cool:

Cool pic Vince :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Some great colours my friend :) Nice shot of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Keeping up with our master lamb Shepperd :cool:

Ah4Dk0L.jpg

Way to go Dan, great pic! :D Nice jacket too :) :thumbsup:

Wow! Those Heartsheads are looking Sharp everyone!

This gorgeous Knife has been in my latest rotation and in my pocket for the last three weeks, I remember vividly Jack gifting me this wonderful Arthurs Choice in a Cafe in York- it was a Damp morning but the Sun shone very brightly for me that day, Jack- once again a MASSIVE thank you for this stunner.
I love carrying this Knife- I use it in my job so often, its also a pleasure to see the guys in the Workshops stop and really appreciate a great Knife when they see one.
This one here I use all too often bagging a Car in the Spraybooths just before I train any specialty Colours to the Painters etc.
LOVE IT!!!!
The last few days here have been hot- I had my Pal accompany me in the Garden today..
UUuxQP4.jpg

Wow.....:) :thumbsup: :)
0sr1Ewc.jpg

Very happy memories Duncan :) I'm glad you're enjoying carrying your AC. It's looking good brother :) :thumbsup:

You blokes wouldn't know what hot is.;):D:D:D. The stag on those is really nice.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

It is the same here mate, from September, it not even the Temperature it is the UV. You see people getting around in shorts when it is only about 20 degrees and because it is not hot they think they are fine. Next day they look like lobsters. They just don't get it.

Scary stuff! :eek:

You posted some fantastic pics last winter Dan, and seemed to keep very active :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a relaxing and restful weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start. In solidarity with JTB_5 JTB_5 , and encouraged by Duncan, I thought I'd carry my Ashley's Choice today :) Stay safe out there Guardians :thumbsup:

goX8Pcw.jpg

A few pics from my walk out in the woods today :) Seemed the best place to stay out of the rain showers, and we were home by the time it really came down ;) :thumbsup:

oP7xLa8.jpg

Had a break for some slingshot practice ;)

1jPx9MZ.jpg

gXKLU81.jpg

NkI2RfG.jpg

I've posted pics of this spring the last time I was in these woods.

mreBT4v.jpg

2pnwTrZ.jpg

This spring is known as Dog's Mouth Spring, but the reason for the name is even less obvious than it was in the past. Not sure what kind of dog that was supposed to be :rolleyes:

S-eIiAAKjuxGfIUd9uz1ml9lb4iA-LFeigp1maWB7augT9hhXuyNDR1Va-Arl_0y2bB8SHKQJ1ZLJSKKLtUR4b-k7MI3JCDVGMrH5sxI8tj89nFRxnyP_zk

o6HtIHb.jpg

KY7iJnd.jpg

b16zvR3.jpg

jwE03la.jpg

9xe96Xw.jpg

Cut myself another catapult fork :thumbsup:

u5N9BCH.jpg

wZPgOPt.jpg

8pH0GE4.jpg

wqj9a6I.jpg

Great shots of your woodland walk Jack.:thumbsup: The ginger beer can didn't stand a chance.:D
But get out while you can before the roadblocks start appearing. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Nice, a lake full of sailboats :thumbsup:
Here is turning too cold for that now. We put the boats away for the winter couple weeks ago :(
In a few days they change our time too so sunset will be earlier ( around 5 pm , by Christmas is close to 4 )

Of course Dan, things are a "mite colder" where you live. :D Have you had a frost yet? I'll look forward to seeing your photos.:thumbsup:
I also had plans for winter, but probably not now.

Third week of carrying my HHB. I'm recycling a pic as I've little planned today.
toNosD0.jpg

Great shots of your woodland walk Jack.:thumbsup: The ginger beer can didn't stand a chance.:D
But get out while you can before the roadblocks start appearing. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Third week of carrying my HHB. I'm recycling a pic as I've little planned today.
toNosD0.jpg

Thanks pal :D Nice to see you bonding with your Barlow :) :thumbsup:

The streak begins! Hopefully I can have some variety of pictures, too. Starting with the very humble plain picture today.
View attachment 1443580
Looking great Joshua! :) :thumbsup:

Wow! Those Heartsheads are looking Sharp everyone!

This gorgeous Knife has been in my latest rotation and in my pocket for the last three weeks, I remember vividly Jack gifting me this wonderful Arthurs Choice in a Cafe in York- it was a Damp morning but the Sun shone very brightly for me that day, Jack- once again a MASSIVE thank you for this stunner.
I love carrying this Knife- I use it in my job so often, its also a pleasure to see the guys in the Workshops stop and really appreciate a great Knife when they see one.
This one here I use all too often bagging a Car in the Spraybooths just before I train any specialty Colours to the Painters etc.
LOVE IT!!!!
The last few days here have been hot- I had my Pal accompany me in the Garden today..
UUuxQP4.jpg

Wow.....:) :thumbsup: :)
0sr1Ewc.jpg
It’s great to see your Ashley’s Choice Duncan! It’s really looking great! They are all such iconic knives! I hope y’all are doing well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a relaxing and restful weekend, and that your week gets off to a good start. In solidarity with JTB_5 JTB_5 , and encouraged by Duncan, I thought I'd carry my Ashley's Choice today :) Stay safe out there Guardians :thumbsup:

goX8Pcw.jpg
A great photo of your AC Jack! :thumbsup: Just like Joshua’s and Duncan’s, your photo just proves what a truly special knife the Ashley’s Choice editions are! :D :thumbsup:

A great photo of your AC Jack! :thumbsup: Just like Joshua’s and Duncan’s, your photo just proves what a truly special knife the Ashley’s Choice editions are! :D :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Ron, I took that photo about 20 miles away from where I live, but I doubt I'll be able to get over that way this year :( I have an enduring fondness for the ACs, not least since, compared to my other SFOs, they were relatively straightforward to get made :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! I already had Big Rosie in my pocket before I saw all these stag beauties this morning. :eek: I’ve got my Ashley’s Choice setting out to carry tomorrow! ;) Y’all please be careful out there! :) :thumbsup:

50531737783_07a3e956eb_c_d.jpg

What a babe! :D :) :thumbsup:

Jack, I appreciate the solidarity! No doubt it will help get the streak off on the right foot.

AC pairs well with morning coffee:

View attachment 1444010

It's certainly no hardship Joshua :) Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

Of course Dan, things are a "mite colder" where you live. :D Have you had a frost yet?

Yes we did a couple times which finished killing off our front yard flower garden so my wife and the girls prepared it for winter with mulch, pulling out all the dead flowers etc.

No white stuff yet :D

I do feel for my brother @Crazy Canuck in Alberta

Check this out :eek:

f9hVs5ol.jpg

Yes we did a couple times which finished killing off our front yard flower garden so my wife and the girls prepared it for winter with mulch, pulling out all the dead flowers etc.

No white stuff yet :D

I do feel for my brother @Crazy Canuck in Alberta
Check this out :eek:
f9hVs5o.jpg

We had snow here months ago Dan! :D ;) :thumbsup:

mceJxKk.jpg

That's good news Leon, and a great pic of your Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

Cool pic Vince :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Some great colours my friend :) Nice shot of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:

Way to go Dan, great pic! :D Nice jacket too :) :thumbsup:

Very happy memories Duncan :) I'm glad you're enjoying carrying your AC. It's looking good brother :) :thumbsup:

Scary stuff! :eek:

You posted some fantastic pics last winter Dan, and seemed to keep very active :) :thumbsup:

goX8Pcw.jpg

That AC stag matches up nicely with your HHB Jack. Both are beautiful knives. Is that a Red Deer in the background?

Good morning Guardians and all. Yet another gloomy morning here in coastal NC:thumbsdown:. Hopefully the sun will peek through:). I have to recycle this photo today. Don't know what this plant is - if someone can tell me....:D They bloom in the fall and winter here in NC.
IMG_1725.JPG

That AC stag matches up nicely with your HHB Jack. Both are beautiful knives. Is that a Red Deer in the background?

Good morning Guardians and all. Yet another gloomy morning here in coastal NC:thumbsdown:. Hopefully the sun will peek through:). I have to recycle this photo today. Don't know what this plant is - if someone can tell me....:D They bloom in the fall and winter here in NC.
View attachment 1444035

Thanks Bill, it IS a Red Deer :) I was sending something to someone here, and thought I would include a Christmas card :D ;) Nice photo of your Hartshead Barlow my friend, I hope you get some sun soon :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians.
The Waynorth Lamb helped me prepare a snack yesterday.
50532161238_085a374198_h.jpg

annnd here is one from Friday ( I think )
50516487376_8cab5b90ca_h.jpg

Not sure if I posted this one of Betty already. I'm not doing so good with keeping up on the forum lately. :(
50498976206_b37e834b95_h.jpg

Have a great week y'all.

Good morning all, hope everyone has a good week, and look after yourselves, looks like different times ahead with restrictions.:)

Fp2rwtU.jpg
It's finally starting to feel like Fall here. :thumbsup: Here's a picture I took on a semi-sober walk with my brothers last Thanksgiving:
cqZbj1K.jpg

It's time to get ready for a very stressful week or two in the good old U S of A...
img_1725-jpg.1444035
Rose of Sharon?

Back