Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I enjoyed it Bill, it's very smooth, made a change :thumbsup: Enjoy the sunshine buddy, and thanks for the kind words :) :thumbsup:

I thought it was good Vince :) I recognised the smell immediately from all the other drinks I've had over the years that are aged in old bourbon barrels :D It's on the sweet side, and very smooth, but with more flavour than I recollect in the last bourbon I tasted - around 1977! :D I'll stick with Scotch, but it was nice to have the experience :) Thanks for the education my friend, that's very interesting. It's great having you back, and with a great pic of your '19 :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I'm just covering up, and getting things ready for the FOUR workmen who are coming to fit my new front door o_O I'll probably have my hands full with them, so I thought I'd go with something solid and dependable today ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

9KLiRT2.jpg
The trusty HHB!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was bright and sunny earlier, and I was thinking of sitting outside, and working on one of my walking staffs, but then it started to snow! :eek: Filled in some time fitting a new Alpine ferrule and a Yorkshire Rose collar to a cane I picked up in an antique centre ages ago, and now the sun is out again! :rolleyes: :)

yxS1fGO.jpg
Looks to be a very rewarding project my friend:thumbsup:. How will you affix the ferrule? Will the cane need to be worked so that the ferrule fits snuggly? What sort of wood is it? Let's get a full length photo when you finish it.:)

What did you think of the Maker's Mark, Jack? One of my faves, although it has no rye. A typical bourbon has mostly corn (maybe 80% or so), with the remainder usually being rye and barley. Aged in new oak barrels. Maker's Mark substitutes wheat for rye, which makes for a very smooth drink. That being said, I do prefer Scotch, especially the Islay malts.
Lambfoot content:
GBQLW5B.jpg
I must agree with your preference in scotch from Islay:thumbsup:. My fave is Lagavulin 16 yr but I have some Ardbeg that I really like too. My Laphroaig cask strength is also a fave of mine. All very manly drams...wimps need not apply.:D Your lamb foot SFO is very nice too.:)

Prester John Prester John Knowing your liking of the unknown ingredients of animal by-products encased in animal casings saw these a while ago and thought of you. Been waiting to see you sign in to show you, mini hot dogs, so i had them in small dinner rolls, and they were good. Hope you have been well my friend, and like the look of my mini-dogs.:p:p:p:thumbsup:;).

LUlLDR7.jpg

rQwnEAC.jpg
I'd sure try that!

I must agree with your preference in scotch from Islay:thumbsup:. My fave is Lagavulin 16 yr but I have some Ardbeg that I really like too. My Laphroaig cask strength is also a fave of mine. All very manly drams...wimps need not apply.:D Your lamb foot SFO is very nice too.:)
Thanks, Bill.

Looks to be a very rewarding project my friend:thumbsup:. How will you affix the ferrule? Will the cane need to be worked so that the ferrule fits snuggly? What sort of wood is it? Let's get a full length photo when you finish it.:)

This one was quite simple Bill :) I picked up a nice, well-made, but simple cane in an antiques centre, for about £4 a couple of years back. Everything was OK with it, but the original brass ferrule was badly worn and loose. I thought I'd afix an Alpine ferrule. I had to file down the wood to fit it. I was going to use epoxy, as well as the nails, but I ended up just using two nails (and some friction ;) ). I had to make the holes, and then cut down the nails, before hammering them in. I'm not sure of the wood, but it's really attractive, (and it's pretty hard too). I'll take it out for a full length photo tomorrow, but it might look a bit lost! :D I have a rubber cover for the Alpine ferrule, for when a spike isn't needed. For now, I've just fitted the brass collar with friction, by tapping it lightly up the shaft with a mallet. I'll epoxy it if I have to, but I'm hoping that isn't necessary :thumbsup:

mdYLGgg.jpg

I must agree with your preference in scotch from Islay:thumbsup:. My fave is Lagavulin 16 yr but I have some Ardbeg that I really like too. My Laphroaig cask strength is also a fave of mine. All very manly drams...wimps need not apply.:D

That's my favourite whisky too Bill, but I love Ardbeg too, in fact all the Islay malts ;) :D other regular buys are Talisker from Skye and Highland Park from Orkney :) :thumbsup:

KDvkEZZ.jpg

I've just had a couple of sausages - opened a bottle of Aussie Malbec too ;) :thumbsup:

O2X8LK8.jpg
Your nice photo has made me crave some musical fruit!! Answers my dinner question!! I love beans, and don't eat them often enough!

I am surprised you would want to epoxy your Cane tip Jack. I've made and used hiking and walking sticks for years, and never had to glue one!!
One tack and a tight fit always does the trick for me! Or a tight rubber tip!
Hard to change if glued, I imagine?!

Your nice photo has made me crave some musical fruit!! Answers my dinner question!! I love beans, and don't eat them often enough!

I am surprised you would want to epoxy your Cane tip Jack. I've made and used hiking and walking sticks for years, and never had to glue one!!
One tack and a tight fit always does the trick for me! Or a tight rubber tip!
Hard to change if glued, I imagine?!

Enjoy Charlie! :D Those are butter beans :thumbsup:

I did think about using epoxy Charlie, mainly because of the advice of the ferrule manufacturer, but decided against it, and just used two small nails, which is all I've ever used in the past. With the rubber tips, I don't use anything, other than friction, to hold them in place :thumbsup:

Carrying the James Brand Wayland today and thought this thread might like a photo of this lambfoot-y knife. It's roughly the size of the GEC 86.

View attachment 1541428

Thank you for posting that here for us to take a look at wickettedge wickettedge , fascinating :) Be great to see some more pics if you have the time :) :thumbsup:

Edit - I was looking at some photos online, and I'm not sure it is a Lambsfoot :confused: James describe it as a Sheepsfoot, and in many of the photos on their site, it definitely looks like one. wickettedge wickettedge , can you confirm that the edge and blade aren't parallel please? :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going OK. It's bright and sunny here again, as it was yesterday - though it still snowed lightly, several times, throughout the day :rolleyes: Very strange, I was outdoors on one occasion, and it didn't even seem cold :confused: Got plenty to do today, but while it's nice, I'm going to combine picking up some bread with a bit of exercise. Hartshead Barlow in my pocket again :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

iFe3cBo.jpg

Besides the sheath and pen, one other is not a Lambsfoot

q7IMGM4.jpg

Well, you know the rules Jim, and I explained the reason for them very recently, so please edit your post, and restrict the knife content to Lambsfoot knives :thumbsup:

Proper cane, Jack. Nice
My stick is just a cactus spine I treated with Linseed oil. Red dog is Rowdy

3G9qL6B.jpg

Thanks :) THAT's a cactus spine?! Wow! :cool: Nice work, I use linseed oil myself :) Nice dog too :thumbsup:

Back