Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Maybe when @knifeswapper has more time on his hands, he can get the Italians to make some lambsfoots.

A European-made Lambsfoot would be interesting :thumbsup:

Some beautiful photos of the pile side Jack:thumbsup:. Sorry to hear that you are ailing; hope you feel better:). 60 is a milestone birthday, but my 70th hit me the hardest:eek:. I never fretted birthdays until then. When my friends say to me "Good to see you Bill" I just reply "I'm glad to be seen and not viewed":D. I know that my reply is a little macabre but I mean it in a light hearted way. Certainly apropos in these times with COVID and allo_O.

Thanks Bill, it didn't last long thankfully, and I've been OK today :) 70 is a big one! I have to say, I think my 50th hit me harder than the 60th! :D Hope you're on your way to a full recovery from the recent Covid unpleasantness :thumbsup:

Have a few friends like that myself Jack, I know exactly how you feel.:) Still waiting to hear from the dealer on this one, the Adams should be here next week.
View attachment 1539250

Thanks buddy, I get on really well with my mate's missus, but she has self-admitted 'control issues'. At the last minute, she decided to go shopping today :rolleyes: My neighbours ended up squabbling o_O Despite this, I had a pretty good day, a nice walk, slingshot practice, some good food, and a few beers around the fire ;) :) :thumbsup:

Delicious!
Me to.
bD9iEeT.jpg

That's the Sanctuary Knocker on the north door of Durham Cathedral in England.
16ixook.jpg

(Filtched pictures as I can't find mine).
23AAo22.jpg

rcjKjVL.jpg

I hope it wasn't anything to do with the Tripwire. :oops:
But good to hear your celebrating your birthday in chaotic style. Of course you could of just stayed perpetually 38.
Like Joan Collins.

4NHZhgW.jpg

Happy Easter everyone! I'm glad to say my Easter Saturday has been far calmer than Jack's. :D
9OD5Ogr.jpg

Tasty-looking hot cross buns David :) That's one heck of a knocker! :cool: The Tripwire was very good David, I'm not sure what was up with me, but it soon passed :eek: Yes, definitely a bit hectic today, but I'm looking forward to a quieter day tomorrow :) Hope everyone else has had a good Saturday :thumbsup:

I'd definitely have preferred to stay 38! :D :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks buddy, I get on really well with my mate's missus, but she has self-admitted 'control issues'. At the last minute, she decided to go shopping today :rolleyes: My neighbours ended up squabbling o_O Despite this, I had a pretty good day, a nice walk, slingshot practice, some good food, and a few beers around the fire ;) :) :thumbsup:
A few beers around the fire is a great way to end the day. My wife and I were planning on going out but after all the driving we did yesterday we aren’t too excited about jumping in the car again today. I mentioned a fire to my wife and she said that sounded pretty good, so did the neighbors!:rolleyes::D

Unfortunately, I think the Italian makers are having their own troubles filling Mike’s orders. I don’t know the reason, but I’ve seen his expected arrival date getting moved back and he mentioned elsewhere that some of his orders with them remain outstanding.
Bummer. Good luck to Mike and Italy.

Last edited:
No kidding. Thanks.
I'd definitely have prepared to stay 38! :D
That was a good movie. A tour de force by Candy Clark. And I'd had no idea how sanitized the Bogart version was.
"So many guns I've seen today. So few brains."
"Half-smart guys." That's all Joan Collins ever got.
I can't find my Big Sleep.
Here's some other literature.
[DSCF8663.JPG
"I dunno, Doc. I like you fine when you aren't around."

A few beers around the fire is a great way to end the day. My wife and I were planning on going out but after all the driving we did yesterday we aren’t too excited about jumping in the car again today. I mentioned a fire to my wife and she said that sounded pretty good, so did the neighbors!:rolleyes::D

Have a great time buddy :) :thumbsup:

That was a good movie. A tour de force by Candy Clark. And I'd had no idea how sanitized the Bogart version was.
"So many guns I've seen today. So few brains."
"Half-smart guys." That's all Joan Collins ever got.
I can't find my Big Sleep.
Here's some other literature.
[View attachment 1539641
"I dunno, Doc. I like you fine when you aren't around."

I have both versions on DVD, might watch them back-to-back today :D I've read the book, but I've never seen that movie :cool: :thumbsup:

Maybe Goldie Russell could have some lambsfoots made in Asia.

Here's one made in Japan @ 1970 :thumbsup:

GgigT0T.jpg

Keep the faith Jim :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a great weekend :) THe weather here has turned out better than forecast, and it's already a nice sunny day :) My first order of business is to go and hide some Easter eggs in the garden for my neighbours kids ;) Have a great day folks, going fancy today :D ;) :thumbsup:

8zzkqaB.jpg

Good morning Guardians, I had an upset stomach last night, really not sure what it was, was a bit like food-poisoning o_O Feeling a bit better today thankfully, but still a bit weak. With the current restrictions here, celebrating my 60th birthday with various friends has proved to be a bit of a logistical nightmare, not helped by a couple of people who are just trying to take control. Hoping I can make it through today without too much drama :rolleyes: I have the first arrivals at 10.00am, then others coming at 12.00pm, but they'll undoubtedly be late, just because...Then, I have to meet up with a new neighbour, who has got a bit obsessed with the whole thing, and is driving me mad, and then another friend later. All of them have kids/brats. Maybe I should have stayed 59, I just want an easy time :rolleyes: Wishing everyone a great Easter weekend, I'm carrying my Hartshead Barlow for strength and fortitude! ;) :thumbsup:

QQB2oir.jpg
Happy belated Birthday Mr. Jack!!
Well, here's to a quiet evening tonight when the party is all over!
Sorry that you had such a rough night !
I'll be 58 in May, so I'm just a little behind you!
Hope you have a happy and healthy year, Jack!!

Your HHB is looking good!
Delicious!
Me to.
bD9iEeT.jpg
Mmmm, looks good, David!

More great photos, David!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Bill, it didn't last long thankfully, and I've been OK today :) 70 is a big one! I have to say, I think my 50th hit me harder than the 60th! :D Hope you're on your way to a full recovery from the recent Covid unpleasantness :thumbsup:
Glad you're feeling better!
@Onebigbill
Man, sorry Bill had to fight the Covid! Hope you have a full recovery without any of the long COVID-19 problems!
Here's one made in Japan @ 1970 :thumbsup:

GgigT0T.jpg
Well, that's interesting! Neat! :cool::thumbsup:
Cooking the sausage is my job this morning for our Easter breakfast. You’ll have to forgive me though, we’ll be having patties!:D
e28fffa2-0a9c-493e-b1e9-a4800d6d2f9c-jpeg.1539824
Looks good!
Great covers on your Lambsfoot!:):thumbsup:

Sorry for the short and limited resources folks, I have fell behind again. Had another little health problem I'm trying to get over!

My Lambfoot of the day, with some tools I use to use...
41f6Pwi.jpg

Have a great day everyone!:thumbsup:

Happy belated Birthday Mr. Jack!!
Well, here's to a quiet evening tonight when the party is all over!
Sorry that you had such a rough night !
I'll be 58 in May, so I'm just a little behind you!
Hope you have a happy and healthy year, Jack!!

Your HHB is looking good!

Mmmm, looks good, David!

More great photos, David!:cool::thumbsup:

Glad you're feeling better!
@Onebigbill
Man, sorry Bill had to fight the Covid! Hope you have a full recovery without any of the long COVID-19 problems!

Well, that's interesting! Neat! :cool::thumbsup:

Looks good!
Great covers on your Lambsfoot!:):thumbsup:

Sorry for the short and limited resources folks, I have fell behind again. Had another little health problem I'm trying to get over!

My Lambfoot of the day, with some tools I use to use...
41f6Pwi.jpg

Have a great day everyone!:thumbsup:

Hey Dennis! :) Thanks buddy, seeing you here has made my day :) Sorry to hear about the health problems, I hope you're doing better now, and that we'll see more of you soon :thumbsup:

some new folks I've yet to meet!:):thumbsup:
Same as Ted, relatively new to the forum and really new to the Guardians. Thanks for the kind words regarding my lambfoot, and I’m happy to report the sausage was delicious!:D Nice knife you have, I’ve got a more working lambfoot on the way that I hope one day will show as much integrity as yours. Good to meet you Dennis!
Todd

Back