Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

SO9dKmO.jpg

Been a pretty nice day here in Yorkshire, not hot, but sunny and pleasant. I took my pal and his lad, Cillian, to see ancient Harewood Castle first.

74ducvm.jpg

VluFmts.jpg

FqDxHX0.jpg

Lxe6Qjd.jpg

LEWWf8j.jpg

6xpKf5W.jpg

Then to the nearby church, which itself dates to 1410.

p1sGKi9.jpg

FgJOWHl.jpg

We then went in search of deer. I had already told Cillian that he had to wear camouflage, and I suggested he neutralise his scent by rolling in the grass, and rubbing himself down with it :D He did so enthusiastically, and employed some belly-crawling to get as close as possible to the deer. I think he'll sleep tonight! :D

bT6gLDq.jpg

F3OLxtO.jpg

X6jJAbh.jpg

3YWpRqU.jpg

9GJZc2E.jpg

kjKqbqL.jpg

Unfortunately, the nearby pub is still closed, so after concluding our walk, we headed back to the city for a couple of pints (orange juice for Cillian). We all agreed it was a pretty good day :)

s11zP9y.jpg

9twPT52.jpg

An absolute delicacy we have over here. Potato Cakes. Thinly sliced potato, about 1/16 of an inch, dipped in batter, fried, left to go cold, then fried again, so double fried. With some salt and vinegar if you like, just magnificent. And in some sliced fresh bread with butter { A Potato Cake Sarnie } or a bread roll, UUUMMMM.:p:p:p:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

7qdEetm.jpg

They are, trust me.;):thumbsup:. And this is a Sunday Breakfast Treat. A reheated potato cake, with a fried or poached egg on top with some salt and pepper and worcestershire sauce.:p:p:p:p:p:p:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:;).

ZhEOoKJ.jpg

ei0DiPP.jpg

Happy days! :) There are not a fraction of the fish and chip shops here that there used to be :( Very interesting post about the language Leon. We have potato cakes here, I make them quite often, but they are essentially shallow-fried mashed potato 'cakes', usually with various things added, such as onion, herbs, cheese, bacon, etc, and there is 'bubble and squeak' too! :D Potato cakes are very popular in Ireland, but the ones I've had have all been much the same as the ones here. When I was a kid, a scallop was just a round piece of potato, fried like a chip :D Some fish and chips shops here also sell 'rissoles', but the composition of them varies even more than fish-cakes! :D :thumbsup:

I was trying to find a photo of a Lambsfoot, and I know that I have several, but with more than 20,000 knife photos on my PC, it's a bit of a struggle finding them :rolleyes: Here's chip butty! :D I'm hungry now! :D :) :thumbsup:

HCi30vh.jpg

Came down stairs to leave for school and found this bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on an English muffin that my wife made for me! She’s pretty awesome! Perfect opportunity to use my lambfoot and snap a picture. Have a great day everyone!:):thumbsup:
View attachment 1545237

I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier lately, and y’all aren’t helping! :mad: ;) :D

Feeling worn out after after an early start :rolleyes: I'm suffering with my feet again at the moment, and standing up can be harder on them than walking about. I wish I had time for a nap! :rolleyes: Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

NKciPZC.jpg

cUJqPmj.jpg

Great to see photos of the market again, Jack! I was going to ask how your mate with the tool stall was getting on, but I see it’s already been asked and answered. :thumbsup:

Been a pretty nice day here in Yorkshire, not hot, but sunny and pleasant. I took my pal and his lad, Cillian, to see ancient Harewood Castle first.

74ducvm.jpg

VluFmts.jpg

FqDxHX0.jpg

Lxe6Qjd.jpg

LEWWf8j.jpg

6xpKf5W.jpg

p1sGKi9.jpg

FgJOWHl.jpg

We then went in search of deer. I had already told Cillian that he had to wear camouflage, and I suggested he neutralise his scent by rolling in the grass, and rubbing himself down with it :D He did so enthusiastically, and employed some belly-crawling to get as close as possible to the deer. I think he'll sleep tonight! :D

bT6gLDq.jpg

F3OLxtO.jpg

X6jJAbh.jpg

3YWpRqU.jpg

9GJZc2E.jpg

kjKqbqL.jpg

Unfortunately, the nearby pub is still closed, so after concluding our walk, we headed back to the city for a couple of pints (orange juice for Cillian). We all agreed it was a pretty good day :)

Great photos! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Sorry, had to cut the last two out or it wouldn’t let me post… but they were great, too! :D)

I've got a Rosewood Lambfoot marketed by James too Todd bigfish64 bigfish64 .

RdcZ84v.jpg
Such sturdy knives, like that rosewood Ed!:thumbsup:

Lambsfoot on Lambs Ears.
In my garden I have some plants called Lambs Ears, which grow very well around here. The leaves are very soft and fuzzy. I thought my J. Adams lambsfoot would enjoy taking a morning break in a soft bed:

A9GmLZn.jpg
Good showing of J Adams today. Flintrocker, looks like yours is having a tough day too!:D

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Jack Black Jack Black , they soothe my tired bones! I'm sure Cillian's mom will thank you for the grass stains! And finally, a special thank you for the stream picture, worth drowning a worm in there. Life's been really hectic for me, I'm hoping it will relent in the near future.
Stay safe, stay healthy
Cheers
Ted

Lambsfoot on Lambs Ears.
In my garden I have some plants called Lambs Ears, which grow very well around here. The leaves are very soft and fuzzy. I thought my J. Adams lambsfoot would enjoy taking a morning break in a soft bed:

A9GmLZn.jpg

They make for a nice background :) :thumbsup:

I’ve been trying to eat a little healthier lately, and y’all aren’t helping! :mad: ;) :D

Great to see photos of the market again, Jack! I was going to ask how your mate with the tool stall was getting on, but I see it’s already been asked and answered. :thumbsup:

Great photos! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (Sorry, had to cut the last two out or it wouldn’t let me post… but they were great, too! :D)

Sorry Barrett! :D I rang him yesterday, and he said he'd had a pretty good day. I was glad to hear it, as he's had to live on his pension for the past year. I was pleased to see that most of the Thursday traders are still in business, as I had worried they might not be :) Thanks buddy, hope you and the girls are well :) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the beautiful pictures Jack Black Jack Black , they soothe my tired bones! I'm sure Cillian's mom will thank you for the grass stains! And finally, a special thank you for the stream picture, worth drowning a worm in there. Life's been really hectic for me, I'm hoping it will relent in the near future.
Stay safe, stay healthy
Cheers
Ted

Thanks Ted :) I'm sure Cillian's mother has seen a lot worse, he's a bit of a wild one! :rolleyes: :D I hope things calm down for you soon :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, heading out for another hike today, and some slingshot practice, but first I better go and have a shave as I am starting to look like an old hobo! :D It's another sunny day here :) Have a great weekend everyone :) :thumbsup:

EH8wM1l.jpg

Beautiful countryside Jack!:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy, just up the road from where I live :) :thumbsup:

Jack B you live in a beautiful place my friend. Spectacular scenery posted today. I love old cemeteries and the castle and church were a treat to see. I'm glad to hear your buddy with the tools stall is hanging in there!

Have a great weekend y'all.View attachment 1547988View attachment 1548000

Thanks a lot for the kind words Dwight, that's some spectacular-looking wood, @glennbad did a great job :) :thumbsup:

Cool can Taylor, and your WCLF is looking swell :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a fab weekend :) I have a few chores to do today, but hope I have time to fit in a couple of whittling projects. Have a splendid Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

F9PxkO0.jpg

74ducvm.jpg

VluFmts.jpg

FqDxHX0.jpg

Lxe6Qjd.jpg

LEWWf8j.jpg

6xpKf5W.jpg

p1sGKi9.jpg

FgJOWHl.jpg

bT6gLDq.jpg

F3OLxtO.jpg

X6jJAbh.jpg

3YWpRqU.jpg

9GJZc2E.jpg

kjKqbqL.jpg

s11zP9y.jpg

9twPT52.jpg
I see a nice stream like that one and wonder if there are any trout in it:)? Looks like it would be prime fishing territory:thumbsup:. Your HHB is looking good:thumbsup:.

Back