Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Wow! Nice Shots of some VERY nice Knives!
I am so so glad to have this beauty back in my pocket today!

rDRNxyY.jpg

qzN94Di.jpg

AWqgAqe.jpg

Have a Brilliant Day or Night my friends!

It's great to see your Hartshead Barlow again Duncan, I love the pics :) Have a great weekend pal :thumbsup:

A small price to pay for a chip " Butty ".:D

Indeed! :D ;) :thumbsup:

A Powerful Pair, Jack! And the pocket hammer, great for driving loose cover pins!:D:thumbsup:

Looking fantastic, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis, hope you're keeping well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Jack, Jer, some great looking "Lambs, Sticks and Canes"! Might make a great song, like a sequel to "Lawyers, Guns and Money"!??...o_O:cool::thumbsup::oops:

LOL! :D I had completely forgotten about that track Dennis! :D Thank you :) :thumbsup:

Is it hard to find 6 fingered gloves to fit, Jack?:D:thumbsup:

Not as easy as it might be ;)

:eek:
Such grand popcorn-ish covers!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope you had a great day out at the Market!

Thanks buddy, it was the highlight of my week! :D :) :thumbsup:

A recycled, but spring is here, and bird watching.

Have a great Friday!
y0U2g0I.jpg

You too Dennis, great pic there :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, have a great Friday, the weekend is just around the corner :) :thumbsup:

hMUjuPm.jpg

It's great to see your Hartshead Barlow again Duncan, I love the pics :) Have a great weekend pal :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I had completely forgotten about that track Dennis! :D Thank you :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, have a great Friday, the weekend is just around the corner :) :thumbsup:

hMUjuPm.jpg
Love the lapel pin.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Been another lovely day here in Yorkshire, and I'm hoping the good weather is going to continue over the weekend, not least since I'm planning to go out for a hike tomorrow. I'll be travelling less than an hour up the road, but that's the furthest I've been in more than six months. Going to an area called the Crimple Valley, named for the tiny River Crimple, which (surprisingly) gave its name to the 70's synthetic Crimplene. The last time I was there, I was carrying this vintage Saynor Lambsfoot...

FG83v5n.jpg

(The area is home to several huge Victorian railway viaducts)

U4KrLmp.jpg

However, tomorrow I think I'm going to take my 2018 Guardian's SFO in Ebony :)

ojyAjCx.jpg

It's still early Friday evening, and I'm going to go and make my sandwiches, and get my kit together, for an early start in the morning. It's unlikely I'll get a chance to call in in the morning though, so I hope that, whatever you have planned, you have a great weekend Guardians :thumbsup:

So thinking to purchase my first A. Wright Lambfoot/lambsfoot...

What is the difference between sheepsfoot vs lambfoot? Also, sometimes, I see them listed as pruning knives...are there differences? Educate me please? :D

Thank you Mark, I took it on my street, about 10 yards from my front door! :D I had fun at the market my friend - and a chip butty ;) I find standing up for 6 or 7 hours hard on my feet though :rolleyes: Hope you're keeping well :) :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed your day, Jack. :thumbsup: Yeah, my feet aren't like they used to be, either. Or my back, knees, etc.:rolleyes:
Warm and sunny here yesterday, spent the day picking up tree branches from the winter and mowing my in-laws 2 acre yard. :eek: Cold and cloudy today, working on another Deck project coming up.

Have a great weekend everyone.:thumbsup:

yLhylp6.jpg

The daffydillies survived two nights of freezing.
7aUuBWD.jpg

Despite the sunny days here recently, we've had frosty nights (minus 2 last night). The plants seem to be doing OK though :) Cool pic of OTW Jer :thumbsup:

One of my neighbours came to ask me if I could water their garden (actually 2 gardens) while they were away. I asked why they didn't ask their son or adult grandchildren, who live on the street, but was told they were "unreliable". The gardens are large and extensively planted, and I was told what to water (everything), and when (everyday). It was only as I was leaving that my neighbour dropped the bombshell that they were going away to the Isle-of-Wight for three weeks, maybe four! o_O

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus

What is the difference between sheepsfoot vs lambfoot? Also, sometimes, I see them listed as pruning knives...are there differences? Educate me please? :D

Go here Ken, and start reading :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed your day, Jack. :thumbsup: Yeah, my feet aren't like they used to be, either. Or my back, knees, etc.:rolleyes:
Warm and sunny here yesterday, spent the day picking up tree branches from the winter and mowing my in-laws 2 acre yard. :eek: Cold and cloudy today, working on another Deck project coming up.

Have a great weekend everyone.:thumbsup:

yLhylp6.jpg

Thanks Mark, I've had a nice week, sunshine makes such a difference! :) It sounds like you've been busy my friend, I hope you get to put your (aching) feet up at the weekend, and that the weather picks up :) That looks like a pretty serious patina on your Lambsfoot, and a well-used fishing lure too :cool: :thumbsup:

hMUjuPm.jpg
A fine photo of you HHB Jack. :thumbsup: Looking forward tot he weekend and getting more stuff done around here in preparation for our move - tentatively scheduled for May 28th.:cool:
Dug out this old photo of my HHB that I very much miss.
IMG_2944.JPG

Nice photo of your WCLF, Dwight!
Thank you Dennis. :)

Gorgeous old bone José.

One of my neighbours came to ask me if I could water their garden (actually 2 gardens) while they were away. I asked why they didn't ask their son or adult grandchildren, who live on the street, but was told they were "unreliable". The gardens are large and extensively planted, and I was told what to water (everything), and when (everyday). It was only as I was leaving that my neighbour dropped the bombshell that they were going away to the Isle-of-Wight for three weeks, maybe four!
Sounds like you are a very good horse Jack. :D

IMG_8746.jpg

So thinking to purchase my first A. Wright Lambfoot/lambsfoot...

Go to the A G Russell website, click Knife Encyclopedia-then click Blade Shapes. This will help give you some comparisons.

Here's how it looks at the moment. There's still quite a bit I want to do to it, but I want to darken the wood just a little, which I'm going to try doing with wax. I've added the ferrule, and the compass. The latter is stuck in very securely with epoxy, but I'm going to coat the top with a little yacht varnish, just to make it a little neater :thumbsup:

H3bBDnY.jpg

qxo174V.jpg

iSA34R2.jpg

Sab8Sbj.jpg

I'll be adding a wrist-loop, and possibly a paracord wrap, but I need to wax the wood before I can do that :thumbsup:

Nice work, Jack. :thumbsup: Now you just need a longer one so you can learn the “salto del pastor.” ;) :D

One of my neighbours came to ask me if I could water their garden (actually 2 gardens) while they were away. I asked why they didn't ask their son or adult grandchildren, who live on the street, but was told they were "unreliable". The gardens are large and extensively planted, and I was told what to water (everything), and when (everyday). It was only as I was leaving that my neighbour dropped the bombshell that they were going away to the Isle-of-Wight for three weeks, maybe four! o_O

Yikes. o_O Maybe it’ll rain. :rolleyes: ;)

hMUjuPm.jpg
Cannot compete with your staff. But things happen for a reason. On the day i saw your Rams Head lapel pin, this arrived in my email inbox from a knife supplier that i buy some things from. Karma, they are Merino Ram Horn slabs, thought they would make fantastic covers for a Lambsfoot EDC.:cool::thumbsup:.

JEaV9iy.jpg

Back