Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Ron always commented on my vintage Lambfoot knives so I'll post freshly taken pictures from this morning in Ron's honor.
BEeiyLs.jpg
IifzpI4.jpg
PQcSsoZ.jpg
O1JRyxO.jpg
1pvGjr4.jpg
Ssm55dy.jpg
RrhMrlj.jpg

Thank you, Jack. It was actually hastily put together and I couldn't take advantage of good lighting - I'm actually surprised it came out as well as it did. These are prized knives, particularly yours and Charlie's, it can be a struggle sometimes to choose which to put in the pocket. Right now though, they are all strewn in front of me on my desk - so I get to enjoy them all while I work.
That's incredible Dylan, you're an artist, it'd take me hours to arrange my Lambsfoot knives that perfectly, if I could do it at all :) Thanks buddy, glad you're enjoying them :) :thumbsup:
Jack,
Congratulations :thumbsup: I remember posting the "one that started it" in the old knives thread and you invited me to share it in this thread. That was Nov or Dec of 2017, thank you for sparking my interest in the pattern and inspiring me to step out today for a picture of my TEW :thumbsup:
RrhMrlj.jpg
Is it really that long ago Rob, amazing?! :cool: It's always a treat to see that rare beauty :) I remember when you sent it for a visit to Yorkshire, having to go on a mini commando mission, so I could get photos of the knife opposite the old TEW works - sneaking across some private land, climbing a steep bank, and then scaling a fence! :D :thumbsup:

TEW LF Barlow 1-5.JPG
All these photos of food from Rachel and chip butty's got me thinking of lunch. So put 2 + 2 together and came up with 5. Our fearless leader does love a sausage sandwich and i know he loves a chip butty, so i put my spin on lunch for 50,000 posts. A LAMB steak and Chip sandwich. And may i say it was good. :p:p:p . Saw Denis lurking around here before, how are you mate.:thumbsup:.

dBq33rH.jpg
That's a new one Leon! :D I see you're a meat and potatoes kind of guy! ;) :D :thumbsup:
From 30 below in the winter to 100 degrees in the summer around here. I wish we could settle around the middle somewhere... :)

View attachment 1584134
That's quite a variation my friend! :eek: Hope you're managing OK :) THat's a gorgeous photo of your Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:
Jack, thanks for RALF's baby pictures, I don't recall seeing them before. I was easily able to pick him out of the group shot by his mark side lighter stripe.

View attachment 1584137
Shipping out all the Lambsfoot orders was always a major effort, and one I don't miss! ;) I took photos of every knife, along with various stages of packaging, to assist with a claim in case anyone's order went missing in the mail. Thankfully it never happened :) Though dc50 dc50 's took that long to reach him, I thought it was lost, and sent him a replacement! Unfortunately, Imgur is acting up again, but I'll try uploading a couple of pics of RALF in his travelling case (I can't post the other pics as they all contain addresses, which I put on multiple layers of packaging in case the package was split open :thumbsup:

IMG_3359.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG
I had just got that big’un in the pic by the way. Didn’t have it for long though - blade was so crooked if it ate a nail it would crap a corkscrew. I sent it back to the vendor.

Another one is in the mail, so we’re gonna try it again… 😃
That's disappointing Ant, the covers looked nice on that one. Hope you get a decent one next time round :thumbsup:
This is my entry for the Half/Stop GAW, it's not the one I intended, but it is the one I can do today.

I had these plans today. I was going to take an artful photo of my lambsfoot in the field, perhaps with any cool artifacts I found, perhaps with my lunch. Instead it ended up being a day of frustrating sticky clay and rampaging ticks. I love my job, and enjoy pretty much every day I am out in the field, but the ticks today were like nothing I have ever seen before. We were working in a wetland wildlife refuge, and there are lots of elk and deer that frequent the area we were digging. We were all walking through the tall grass, and the little parasites were just unbelievable.

I'll spare you all any further details, but suffice to say, rather than an artful knife picture, I give you an unartful shot of two of the ticks I killed with my lambsfoot today. It was less than half of what I killed with the lambsfoot, and less than a fifth of the ticks I killed today.

full
Thanks for your entry my friend :) Ticks have only really been a problem here in recent years, because of the changing climate, and I'm pleased to say, so far, I'm unbitten, so far as I know at least. Those look like big 'uns! :eek: Glad your versatile '19 Lambsfoot was able to help out in slaying those beasts ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack!😎👍

Life's a bowl of cherries!😉
Likein' the pile side, Jack!🙂

Thanks, Jack! There all great to carry!

That would have been a cool tour! Great cord for hammocks for sure! 😎👍

It is! I use it for the same reason on the rain tarp, and to connect the hammock to the tree straps. Light and strong! Use the Nite Ize Cam Jams, and it's very quick to throw up the tarp.🙂👍

Thank you, Jack. It's a recycled photo, but it's been a little bit tough to get a photo done last few days.👍

I just knew Ron informally, with just the normal pleasantries, but he was always the friendly type, I can see why he had so many friends here!

Another great tribute to Ron by a man who stands tall in this forum by his own right.
Real nice thought, Jack!

You know my weakness is ebony, so I'd be honored to be part of this multi-faceted GAW!

That was a cool one, John!🤠👍

My wife says I'm a bit slow, does that count??😁👍

What an awsome looking '18 SFO! 🙂👍

Hppe some of them can stop by as well, Jack.

Great looking "Snake Charmer" covers on your '17 SFO!!😉👌

I always appreciated that in his sig line!🙂

And another terrific photo, Dan!😀

Nice herd, José!🙂👍

Wonderful photo, Rachel!😀👍

Nice, Mark!🙂

Well put, Todd!👍
You may have mentioned it before, but does the little shell-back have a name?
name?

Excellent choice!
Look forward to seeing your completed project!😎👍

Most excellent use for a Lambsfoot!😀👍

Some real fine examples, Duncan!🙂👌

Real nice start, Will! Glad to see you've joined in. As Rachel @r8shell has mentioned before, "One of us"! Hopefully they'll get you fixed up with an acceptable one!😎👍

Cool, thanks for that one, Jack!🤠👍

Great shot, Jer! Is that a Single Six?

Lol! It's good to have some levity!🙂👍

Sounds like a great day! Nice pair you have there!🙂

Real nice, Jeff.🙂

Wow! Impressive herd, Dylan!!😮👍

Looking good!👌

One of the coolest TEW's I've seen!😎👍

...sorry I'm late, all this food made me hungry!! Thanks, Leon!😀👍

Very nice composition!😎👍

Thanks again Jack for the introduction of this pattern! I'm sure everyone here has a "Jack got me started" story!

Here's my humble little but loved herd...
d64HbWU.jpg
Thanks for all the kind words DEnnis, you have really mastered those multi-quotes! :cool: I use those Cam-Jams for my tarp lines :) I didn't know (or had forgotten) you had a weakness for ebony, I hope you're going to be throwing your hat in for the giveaway :) Nice herd there pal :thumbsup:
Man... Ron was SUCH a neat guy, I Loved meeting him and Pam at the GEC Rendezvous, gutted he had to leave this place so early, just a wonderful man! I hope Ron's travels are continuing in a time free level, so when Pam decides to leave this Earth he can be there to meet her!

Jack you are a great man, thank you for what you do my friend.
You are very kind to me Duncan :) This photo of you and paulhilborn paulhilborn with Ron is one of my all-time favourites, three great guys, clearly having a fantastic time :) :thumbsup:

Paul H, Ron HS, Duncan 2017.jpg
Thank you Jack, but if I won I would probably offer it to one who has entered and not have one of these fantastic Knives! Most of these are early day shots!

L78Vznj.jpg

6Sr3mGM.jpg

0sr1Ewc.jpg

Ght5xGv.jpg

bUrKC8F.jpg

cvasZm5.jpg

Rtg640b.jpg

hoaDZLS.jpg
Brilliant photos mate, it's just great seeing all those Lambsfoot knives :) I am glad you were able to get hold of one of the Sheldon models :cool: For anyone who isn't familiar with these knives, you can learn about them here :thumbsup: Another pattern I had hoped to get made up in Sheffield :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats to Jack and all the Guardians on 50,000+ posts and 2500+ pages. Not an entry since I was lucky enough to win Jack's 100,000 Like GAW last year.

I didn't know Ron but like most, sure appreciated his contributions and demeanor. Here's to the next 50,000 posts!

QMveAdL.jpg

SFqJt7e.jpg
It's great to see you here buddy, and to see those fine Lambsfoot knives :) :thumbsup:
Goodmorning everyone! Im enjoying all the awsome pics! Have a good day!
View attachment 1584227
Looking good Kevin, hope you're enjoying your new Hartshead Barlow :) :thumbsup:
Beautiful collection Dennis! 😎👍

And here is my humble herd.😉View attachment 1584255
That's a quality quintet Leon :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Ron always commented on my vintage Lambfoot knives so I'll post freshly taken pictures from this morning in Ron's honor.
BEeiyLs.jpg
IifzpI4.jpg
PQcSsoZ.jpg
O1JRyxO.jpg
1pvGjr4.jpg
Ssm55dy.jpg
RrhMrlj.jpg

A few more shots
o9ER5XE.jpg
89RbLL6.jpg
JCsLj7H.jpg
jTJ7Ugn.jpg
6q6ud8g.jpg
KBgphCp.jpg

W

Wow Rob, your vintage Lambsfoot collection is absolutely incredible, each and every one is a treasure, and it's great to have them in this thread :cool: :cool: I am very grateful for the old Alfred Blackwell you very kindly sent me :) :thumbsup:

Alfred Black LF (2) 1-5.JPG

Hope everyone has had a good day :) In spite of some rain early this morning, it has been a much better day here than was forecast, and I had a nice time hanging out with my pals at the market. My trusty Hartshead Barlow was very busy cutting slices of cake, and performing various other tasks! I'm looking forward to kicking back, and putting my feet up this evening! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Hartshead Barlow (Stag) 176-4.JPG

That's a quality quintet Leon :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has had a good day :) In spite of some rain early this morning, it has been a much better day here than was forecast, and I had a nice time hanging out with my pals at the market. My trusty Hartshead Barlow was very busy cutting slices of cake, and performing various other tasks! I'm looking forward to kicking back, and putting my feet up this evening! :D ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1584378
Thanks Jack! It’s a good start! The HHB is looking good as always, enjoy your evening!😉👍

Thanks Jack! It’s a good start! The HHB is looking good as always, enjoy your evening!😉👍

Thanks Leon, I had intended to carry my Rosewood Big 'Un too, but ended leaving it in my vest pocket, when I changed clothes due to the early inclement weather :thumbsup:

When I joined the Guardians, I jumped in with both feet and went from 0 Lambfoot knives to 16 Lambfoot knives in a matter of just a few months.

1623947802069.png

Then for reasons known only to myself, I gifted 9 of them to various members and am left with this flock of 7 Lambfoot knives.

1623948089061.png

The one with Snakewood was a custom recover by Jason Signalprick Signalprick and Ron PMed me saying how nice a job Jason had done.

A couple of adventures with a Lambfoot that come to mind involve trips to my dentist. On one trip, I had to demand some suckers that they give out to the kids. Afterall, I'm just a big kid.

1623948598738.png

On another trip to the dentist, I ran across a copy of Ranger Rick magazine and in it was a most interesting article about Wombat Poop. Ron got a chuckle out of that.

1623948930381.png

All in all Ron was a great guy. Quick with his sharp-as-a-tack wit and just as quick to give out advice and praise when it came to Lambfoot knives and anything associated with them.

Last edited:
When I joined the Guardians, I jumped in with both feet and went from 0 Lambfoot knives to 16 Lambfoot knives in a matter of just a few months.

View attachment 1584392

Then for reasons known only to myself, I gifted 9 of them to various members and am left with this flock of 7 Lambfoot knives.

View attachment 1584394

The one with Snakewood was a custom recover by Jason Signalprick Signalprick and Ron PMed me saying how nice a job Jason had done.

A couple of adventures with a Lambfoot that come to mind involve trips to my dentist. On one trip, I had to demand some suckers that they give out to the kids. Afterall, I'm just a big kid.

View attachment 1584397

On another trip to the dentist, I ran across a copy of Ranger Rick magazine and in it was a most interesting article about Wombat Poop. Ron got a chuckle out of that.

View attachment 1584398

All in all Ron was a great guy. Quick with his sharp-as-a-tack wit and just as quick to give out advice and praise when it came to Lambfoot knives and anything associated with them.
Nice collection of wood. :thumbsup:

PFloJFB.jpg

BEeiyLs.jpg
IifzpI4.jpg
PQcSsoZ.jpg
O1JRyxO.jpg
1pvGjr4.jpg
Ssm55dy.jpg
RrhMrlj.jpg
Nice collection of Oldies but Goldies, Rob!!
What a great double celebration of Ron, and, Jack's brilliant thread!!

Sometime companion when I ride my Trike!Bike 2.jpgFather J.R., and Son born in America!Father n Son 1.jpg

Mate, that is a collection WOW.:p:p:p🐏

Wow! Impressive herd, Dylan!!😮👍

Thank you, fellas. Every one of those knives is a treasure, as are most (if not all) of the ones that folks post here.

BEeiyLs.jpg
IifzpI4.jpg
PQcSsoZ.jpg
O1JRyxO.jpg
1pvGjr4.jpg
Ssm55dy.jpg
RrhMrlj.jpg

Rob, it is such a pleasure to see your fine vintage Lambsfoot knives - I always enjoy seeing them, you have such a fine collection.

I've got this ol' one with me today. On the smaller side but she walks and talks and is very sharp.

nMnMUPc.jpg

🤣 Jack I had forgotten about the bank and fence climbing, I appreciate you taking it back to its origin for a picture or 2:thumbsup:
Is it really that long ago Rob, amazing?! :cool: It's always a treat to see that rare beauty :) I remember when you sent it for a visit to Yorkshire, having to go on a mini commando mission, so I could get photos of the knife opposite the old TEW works - sneaking across some private land, climbing a steep bank, and then scaling a fence! :D :thumbsup:

TEW LF Barlow 1-5.JPG

Bill, thanks for compliment :thumbsup:
Awesome photos of equally awesome knives. What a great collection of vintage Lambfoot knives. Thank you for sharing.

Dylan,
Thanks for the compliment, that's a dandy IXL below. I always enjoy seeing your knives and great photos on the porch:thumbsup:
Thank you, fellas. Every one of those knives is a treasure, as are most (if not all) of the ones that folks post here.

Rob, it is such a pleasure to see your fine vintage Lambsfoot knives - I always enjoy seeing them, you have such a fine collection.

I've got this ol' one with me today. On the smaller side but she walks and talks and is very sharp.

nMnMUPc.jpg

Thanks for the compliment, waynorth waynorth :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Too right. There is far too much seriousness going on. Good to see you mate.🤣🤣🤣🤣:thumbsup:🤝
It's the only way I can keep my sanity!🤯😂👍
Mate i have been known to be party to manipulation of an outcome,;) if it was up to me your name would be the only one in the famous hat, but don't tell anyone.🤫
Thanks, Leon! (...the check is on the way😎😁)
Thank you Jack, but if I won I would probably offer it to one who has entered and not have one of these fantastic Knives! Most of these are early day shots!

L78Vznj.jpg
Some absolute stunners, Duncan! Thanks to you and Rob rockman0 rockman0 for sharing!🙂👍
Thank you. Its an H&R .22LR nine-shooter. The sights are above the hammer so you can aim it double-action, but it still looks like a cowboy gun.
Well, that's what happens when your tired and try to do everything on your cell phone!🙄 A cool setup, Jeff!
🤠👍
Beautiful collection Dennis! 😎👍

And here is my humble herd.😉View attachment 1584255
Thank you very much, Todd! And a fine fist full you have as well!😎👍
A few more shots
o9ER5XE.jpg
Each one more stunning then the last! What great storys and secrets they could tell!👍
Thanks for all the kind words DEnnis, you have really mastered those multi-quotes! :cool:
I guess that could be likened to talking too much!😮🤣 I guess I'm just trying to catch up while I can.
I use those Cam-Jams for my tarp lines :)
Well, great minds and all that! 😎👍🍻
I didn't know (or had forgotten) you had a weakness for ebony, I hope you're going to be throwing your hat in for the giveaway :) Nice herd there pal :thumbsup:
Yes sir, please and thank you!👍
Thanks again!
I am very grateful for the old Alfred Blackwell you very kindly sent me :) :thumbsup:

Alfred Black LF (2) 1-5.JPG
A real beauty there as well!
What's the story with the arrowhead, Jack?😁
In spite of some rain early this morning, it has been a much better day here than was forecast, and I had a nice time hanging out with my pals at the market. My trusty Hartshead Barlow was very busy cutting slices of cake, and performing various other tasks! I'm looking forward to kicking back, and putting my feet up this evening! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Hartshead Barlow (Stag) 176-4.JPG
That's a great use for it, Jack! Glad you got out and had a good day! Nice pile side view!
Sounds like some great memories, Ed.👍
Sometime companion when I ride my Trike!
Bike 2.jpg
Father J.R., and Son born in America!
Father n Son 1.jpg
Looking good, Charlie! Three dandies you have there!🙂👍

Ironwood SFO today.

dmghjJn.jpg

Back