Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Please folks, if you have too much rain, send it over here! We are baking in the armpit of hell! It is 97 degrees F...
My cooking time took a back seat to my driving mom to and from doctors appointments, labs and all that entails. If that wasn't enough, I'm back working full time (took time off while mom was hospitalized). I'll jump in with a photo as soon as I get a little time but I wanted to:
a) Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for a fun event and I hope you had loads of fun,
b) Congratulations to the winner,
c) wish you all a safe and healthy week
Cheers,
Ted

Please folks, if you have too much rain, send it over here! We are baking in the armpit of hell! It is 97 degrees F...
My cooking time took a back seat to my driving mom to and from doctors appointments, labs and all that entails. If that wasn't enough, I'm back working full time (took time off while mom was hospitalized). I'll jump in with a photo as soon as I get a little time but I wanted to:
a) Thank you Jack Black Jack Black for a fun event and I hope you had loads of fun,
b) Congratulations to the winner,
c) wish you all a safe and healthy week
Cheers,
Ted
Sorry to hear you're baking and drought-stricken Ted :( I hope your mom is better soon, it sounds like you've got your hands full. Thanks :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going OK. I picked up my new specs yesterday, they change the models all the time, so you can never quite get the same frames. Quite pleased with them though. I have to wait in for someone coming to service my boiler and central heating system this morning, which generally means that I spend the next month trying to get it working properly again :rolleyes: I've just remembered that my pal with the tool-stall is away this week, so if I go to the market tomorrow, I'll only be passing through. Not a very exciting week really! :D Better put something exciting in my pocket ;) :D :thumbsup:

UoiQrzC.jpg

Sorry to hear you're baking and drought-stricken Ted :( I hope your mom is better soon, it sounds like you've got your hands full. Thanks :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone's week is going OK. I picked up my new specs yesterday, they change the models all the time, so you can never quite get the same frames. Quite pleased with them though. I have to wait in for someone coming to service my boiler and central heating system this morning, which generally means that I spend the next month trying to get it working properly again :rolleyes: I've just remembered that my pal with the tool-stall is away this week, so if I go to the market tomorrow, I'll only be passing through. Not a very exciting week really! :D Better put something exciting in my pocket ;) :D :thumbsup:

UoiQrzC.jpg
Jack, I'm certain things will get more interesting for you this week.;) Certainly you Lambsfoot pictured here is a great start. :thumbsup:

As for me, I'm just cruising' along inside today, again:confused:. No sun and Mr. Rainman isn't showing any mercy. B brewbear , if I could send to you some of this wet weather we are having here I would! I would love to have some sunny dry weather for awhile.😎
IMG_2986.JPG

Jack, I'm certain things will get more interesting for you this week.;) Certainly you Lambsfoot pictured here is a great start. :thumbsup:

As for me, I'm just cruising' along inside today, again:confused:. No sun and Mr. Rainman isn't showing any mercy. B brewbear , if I could send to you some of this wet weather we are having here I would! I would love to have some sunny dry weather for awhile.😎
View attachment 1613340
Thanks Bill, I guess I should be careful what I wish for! :D I hope there's a let-up in the rain soon :) Your Hartshead Barlow is looking good :thumbsup:

A question for the Guardians...

Trying to track down a Hartshead barlow.

Is this something that is still available through A. Wright and Son via special order, or was it only offered once as a SFO and I'm out of luck? I saw it listed recently here for sale but was too slow.

I'm wondering if I can contact the shop or a dealer directly, or if I can only find it on the secondary market.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

The Hartshead Barlow was a Jack Black SFO and exclusive to his order.
The only way to find one now is on the secondary market... good luck.
Thanks John :thumbsup:
Thank you JohnDF JohnDF !

Jack Black Jack Black , I should have known better! 😁
You should Ken! ;)

I'd hoped to get more Hartshead Barlows made, but the QC at the firm who made them has taken a nose-dive, and the last sample I had was appalling :(

For anyone else looking in, this from post #1 in this thread (the sub-forum guidelines are stickied at the top of the page). Please read it before posting :thumbsup:

"The Porch was set up for the purpose of non-commercial discussion about traditional knives - to talk about KNIVES, not the BUYING OF KNIVES. As per the sub-forum guidelines, please keep questions about buying and selling out of this thread. If you see a knife you like the look of, and would like to purchase something similar, please contact the owner privately to ask about where they bought it, rather than in this thread."

Good morning Guardians, apologies to those of you who don't have one, but my Hartshead Barlow is back in my pocket today ;) Getting these knives was a real labour of love for me, and a very lengthy project, I wish everyone could have one :thumbsup: With my pal away, and in the midst of a busy and stressful week, I'm giving the market a miss today - no cake or chip butties! 😢 Hoping to get all my work done, so I can relax at the weekend ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

CueG9Ej.jpg

Good morning Guardians, apologies to those of you who don't have one, but my Hartshead Barlow is back in my pocket today ;) Getting these knives was a real labour of love for me, and a very lengthy project, I wish everyone could have one :thumbsup: With my pal away, and in the midst of a busy and stressful week, I'm giving the market a miss today - no cake or chip butties! 😢 Hoping to get all my work done, so I can relax at the weekend ;) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

CueG9Ej.jpg
I can identify with those who desire an HHB for themselves.😐 I count myself lucky to have one which was the result of kindness on the part of others.😌 I use my knives and I'm no collector of any note but I love the ones I have especially my HHB.☺️ Jack, your HHB in stag is just wonderful and the really great photo you have here shows its beauty and at the same time shows it as a working tool amongst working tools. :thumbsup: Hope you able to complete your work before the weekend but remember that there is always another day. 😀

Good morning Guardians and all. Guess what I have in my pocket today? Just gave it a touchup on the ceramic stone. Going to work on my dock today as my back has improved (along with the weather:thumbsup:) but I will have to be careful and not over-do things.:rolleyes:
IMG_3090.JPG

I can identify with those who desire an HHB for themselves.😐 I count myself lucky to have one which was the result of kindness on the part of others.😌 I use my knives and I'm no collector of any note but I love the ones I have especially my HHB.☺️ Jack, your HHB in stag is just wonderful and the really great photo you have here shows its beauty and at the same time shows it as a working tool amongst working tools. :thumbsup: Hope you able to complete your work before the weekend but remember that there is always another day. 😀

Good morning Guardians and all. Guess what I have in my pocket today? Just gave it a touchup on the ceramic stone. Going to work on my dock today as my back has improved (along with the weather:thumbsup:) but I will have to be careful and not over-do things.:rolleyes:
View attachment 1613992
I really wish I could have got more made before the firm changed hands Bill, it's a shame for all the new folks discovering the Lambsfoot pattern. I'm glad you like yours :) Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad your back is a little better, and I hope you have a good day. I have to move a gas cooker tomorrow, (two actually, one in, one out), and I'm not looking forward to it. Lovely photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

I sure hope I can get my work done, otherwise that 'other day' will likely be Sunday! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Back