Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Blimey E Enactive , you had me confused there, I was just looking through some old posts, and I thought there had been some sort of stitch in time! :eek: ;) Glad you're liking your Lambsfoot, and it's good to have news of Chin too :) Hope we'll get to see your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:
Oh my, Jack, didn't mean to cause any confusion.

In part, I quoted Chin so that folks could see the knife that i was talking about and his post about it-- perhaps a misguided approach.

Cheers Guardians, thanks again for a great Yorkshire Day :) :thumbsup:

a53N5Xf.jpg
Thanks Jack, that was fun even though I didn’t get an official entry. 😊👍

Congratulations Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright !
👏👏👏

I was just looking who won last years Yorkshire Day giveaway...

c3MiE94.jpg

Henry Beige Henry Beige - Henry, where are tha lad?! Hope you keeping well :thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. I have been mostly lurking lately, not too much time to post up. Got a vexing motorbike project going, and a dog who needed eye surgery for “an anterior luxation of the lens” wherein the lens comes adrift of its moorings and takes up residence in front of the iris, preventing the eye from draining properly, leading to glaucoma, not to mention the disruption of her vision. I might have considered saving some money by letting the surgeon take her eye, but she only has the one following an encounter with a neighborhood pit bull several years ago.

Congratulations to Tyson A. Wright. I hope you enjoy your lambsfoot as much as I have mine.

Cool photos right there Jack. 😊👍
Thanks Duncan Campbellclanman Campbellclanman (the software wouldn't allow me to quote your post as your comment was included in the quote box :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. I have been mostly lurking lately, not too much time to post up. Got a vexing motorbike project going, and a dog who needed eye surgery for “an anterior luxation of the lens” wherein the lens comes adrift of its moorings and takes up residence in front of the iris, preventing the eye from draining properly, leading to glaucoma, not to mention the disruption of her vision. I might have considered saving some money by letting the surgeon take her eye, but she only has the one following an encounter with a neighborhood pit bull several years ago.

Congratulations to Tyson A. Wright. I hope you enjoy your lambsfoot as much as I have mine.
It's good to see you here Henry, very sorry to hear about your dog though :( :thumbsup:
That malt sure looks good, Jack! Well done on the giveaway (congrats to the winner!). I've got some Aussie wine in me hand, and I'm drinking to Jolly Jack, and the best thread on BF. Cheers!
Thanks Vince, from of my few non-Islay regulars, from Orkney :) Cheers my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week got off to a good start :) Kicking my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket is not an easy task! :rolleyes: :D Have a good day everyone :) :thumbsup:

R6LNO8P.jpg

Congratulations, Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright ! As I was getting caught up here and noted you had no Lambsfoot, I was certainly pulling for you - I hope you take to the pattern as much as we all have.

Now to the business at hand: Jack Black Jack Black (and fellow Guardians), please accept my sincerest apologies for missing out on Yorkshire Day. I had the best of intentions but as the saying goes - something about the road to hell being paved with good intentions and all that…. Regardless, I am rather disappointed in myself - this is a special day for Jack and I let circumstances get the better of me.

I had plans for quite the chip butty and when I realized I had missed the festivities yesterday, I was resolved to at least make an effort at recompense this evening. A course correction was needed however, after my wife informed me that she had picked up some fresh wild-caught cod at the market.

So fish and chips it is.

Getting the staples ready.

omZ5vUQ.jpg

A mighty fine dram and a stick while I waited for my wife and daughter to return from Soccer practice. btb01 btb01 , to answer your question about the Laga 9, it is a decidedly brighter and younger tasting whisky but not at all unpleasant. It is notably rich like all Lagavulins are.

PWUQGVd.jpg

Getting the appropriate condiments ready:

nSboFoe.jpg

Because of the lateness of the hour when the family returned home, another course correction was made and we went with a “quick fix” for the chips - steak fries. I’ll save the red potatoes for a chip butty in the next day or two.

Accompanied by a fine summer ale and a high quality Lambsfoot, I had an impeccable and satisfying meal.

Happy belated Yorkshire Day, Jack. My apologies again for missing your special day.

qxfQbBU.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, Tyson A Wright Tyson A Wright ! As I was getting caught up here and noted you had no Lambsfoot, I was certainly pulling for you - I hope you take to the pattern as much as we all have.

Now to the business at hand: Jack Black Jack Black (and fellow Guardians), please accept my sincerest apologies for missing out on Yorkshire Day. I had the best of intentions but as the saying goes - something about the road to hell being paved with good intentions and all that…. Regardless, I am rather disappointed in myself - this is a special day for Jack and I let circumstances get the better of me.

I had plans for quite the chip butty and when I realized I had missed the festivities yesterday, I was resolved to at least make an effort at recompense this evening. A course correction was needed however, after my wife informed me that she had picked up some fresh wild-caught cod at the market.

So fish and chips it is.

omZ5vUQ.jpg

A mighty fine dram and a stick while I waited for my wife and daughter to return from Soccer practice. btb01 btb01 , to answer your question about the Laga 9, it is a decidedly brighter and younger tasting whisky but not at all unpleasant.

PWUQGVd.jpg

nSboFoe.jpg

Because of the lateness of the hour when the family returned home, another course correction was made and we went with a “quick fix” for the chips - steak fries. I’ll save the red potatoes for a chip butty in the next day or two.

Accompanied by a fine summer ale and a high quality Lambsfoot, I had an impeccable and satisfying meal.

Happy belated Yorkshire Day, Jack. My apologies again for missing your special day.

qxfQbBU.jpg
Great photos Dylan, that looks delicious :) You're making me hungry, and I only had breakfast an hour or so ago :D I hope you enjoyed it my friend :thumbsup:

Hey, the wanderer returns! :D Great to see you here Kevin, how're you doing old friend? :)
Howdy Jack, I am still alive and still carrying a Lambsfoot. Jake ( the rosewood HHB ) has been in my pocket 99.9% of the time for the last few months. I will try to remember to snap a pic of him today, until then I will have to recycle this ol' pic of Jake.
48426246382_6cdeabc9e4_b.jpg

Another beautiful morning at The Lake. Probably be in the boat most of the day again today. My Lambsfoot will likely stay on land but it’s helping me get the day started off the right way. 😊View attachment 1612741
That sounds like a great day Todd :) Your Lambsfoot is looking good :thumbsup:
Howdy Jack, I am still alive and still carrying a Lambsfoot. Jake ( the rosewood HHB ) has been in my pocket 99.9% of the time for the last few months. I will try to remember to snap a pic of him today, until then I will have to recycle this ol' pic of Jake.
48426246382_6cdeabc9e4_b.jpg
Good to hear amigo :) Nice pic, and it'll be great to see how Jake has aged since then :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Duncan Campbellclanman Campbellclanman (the software wouldn't allow me to quote your post as your comment was included in the quote box :) :thumbsup:

It's good to see you here Henry, very sorry to hear about your dog though :( :thumbsup:

Thanks Vince, from of my few non-Islay regulars, from Orkney :) Cheers my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week got off to a good start :) Kicking my Hartshead Barlow out of my pocket is not an easy task! :rolleyes: :D Have a good day everyone :) :thumbsup:

R6LNO8P.jpg
Jack, whilst I occasionally carry another knife other than my HHB it's never "off duty" for any extended time.;) Back in my pocket again is my trusty edc HHB.:thumbsup:

So fish and chips it is.

omZ5vUQ.jpg

A mighty fine dram and a stick while I waited for my wife and daughter to return from Soccer practice. btb01 btb01 , to answer your question about the Laga 9, it is a decidedly brighter and younger tasting whisky but not at all unpleasant. It is notably rich like all Lagavulins are.

PWUQGVd.jpg

nSboFoe.jpg

qxfQbBU.jpg
I've never tried the Port Askaig Islay.o_O Whats your impression of it? The fish & chips look tasty.:D

Jack, whilst I occasionally carry another knife other than my HHB it's never "off duty" for any extended time.;) Back in my pocket again is my trusty edc HHB.:thumbsup:
I've never had a knife which hogged my pocket more Bill! :D :thumbsup:
Almost forgot to post my photo...a little absent minded today - too many irons in the fire I'm afraid - LOL😁. Another indoor sort of day; rain storms are on the menu all week.😩
View attachment 1613009
I know the feeling! :rolleyes: Hope you get some blue skies soon :) Nice pic of your Barlow :thumbsup:

Back