Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I spoke too soon about the rain :rolleyes: Hopefully it'll have stopped by the time I've had my second breakfast :D Have a great day mate :) :thumbsup:
We are in the midst of a cold snap, really cold here for this time of the year. Stay dry over there.🌂

You might need to get some caltrop-proof footwear Jer! :eek: I hope you're doing OK today
You must be psychic. That is the shoe with the nail-hole in it. And I've been wondering if iron-soled diabetic shoes are available. I'll ask my doctor, she has endless patience. So far.
My tetanus is still current and I'm keeping the wound clean and lubed against diabetic foot sores. I'll pick up some onions today so I'll have all the ingredients of Bald's eye salve, just in case.
Funny, I feel the band-aid I'm walking on, but I never felt the nail.
Z8KFYZP.jpg

Jer, great photo composition and the colors are wonderful not to mention the fine knife.
:thumbsup:

Ace pic Jer, great colours! :cool: :thumbsup:

Congratulations PD, glad you got another you're pleased with :) Some of the last knives I had from that firm had absolutely terrible edges. I don't just mean blunt, they really were a mess :thumbsdown:

FOxz0tu.jpg

Yp0UNxY.jpg

Going to have a decent breakfast tomorrow, and then head out for a 3 mile walk. I don't really want to go further with my knees the way they are at the moment. Going to have my Hartshead Barlow back in my pocket :) Have a great weekend everyone :thumbsup:

SZbcw3I.jpg
Jack, Nice photo of your wonderful HHB.

Going with my HHB today - my favorite knife.
IMG_3187.JPG

I was out at a restaurant today getting some beer and pizza, well they had the beer I had a Fanta 😁 but regardless we sit down and discover..... theres no bottle opener?? 😲:eek:

So being the hero I am I reach into my pocket for a swiss army knife...and pull out my lambsfoot o_O🤣 I usually hahe both but I guess I left the other in my uniform.

Anyway we got the beer opened and had a good time, but it got me thinking, has A Wright & Son ever done a knife with a caplifter? I was looking at my lambsfoot today and I think a lambsfoot caplifter combo would be great.

Jack, I really enjoyed your picture show on Tuesday, but if you were trying to get your own post count up, you should know that the requirement for the forum knife was 50 posts, not 50k. 😉

I thought I was hearing things, when I passed through Leeds market this market this afternoon....

WQCss07.jpg

But, no, a local butchers were playing Christmas carols in September! :rolleyes: I wonder if one of the staff sabotages the music system sometime over the next 3 months! 🤨

i59y5um.jpg

Seems they're branching out into hot beverages too! :D

hHdjMXP.jpg

I like Christmas as much as the next guy… but not in September! 🙄😁

About that Yorkshire brew, I didn’t know Yorkshire had the proper climate for growing sugarcane (or tea for that matter, but I least I know what they mean when they say “Yorkshire tea”). 😉

That looks very interesting Barrett! :cool: Sounds kind of weird, but I'll look out for that :thumbsup:

Great photo there my friend :) :thumbsup:

And that chilli crunch sounds nice. I hope it's from Yorkshire. 😁:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I had to order that chili crunch from the folks who make it. There are some more widely available ones out there (usually referred to as chili crisp), but I haven’t tried any others. I don’t believe any of ‘em are made in Yorkshire, though. 🙂

Beer.
Again.
5HbdXc2.jpg

pqHUdz8.jpg

I always enjoy your pub photos, David. :thumbsup: And I particularly enjoyed looking through the pubs-of-the-year on the wall there. I was disappointed, after googling it, to learn that the Fat Cat that won in 1998 & 2004 was in Norwich, and was not the Fat Cat I’ve been to in Sheffield, but then I spotted the Kelham Island Tavern (2008 & 2009) just above it, and I have been there! 🙂

95Dn9UL.jpg

😁

I just had a call from my friend with the tool stall. He was at a large social gathering at the weekend, and has tested positive for Covid today. He says he feels OK so far, and is hoping the vaccine makes a difference :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that, Jack. I hope he’s doing alright.

I just had a look on YouTube to see if I could spot him in any of the videos posted from the event he went to, but there's that many big, old, fat blokes there, I couldn't see the wood for the trees ;)

😁😁

Finally got a Lambsfoot! This A. Wright is a nail breaker but i think it will get better with time!

y5iLoP4.jpg

Welcome! If you’d like to added to The Map, just let me know. :thumbsup:

Give the joint a good flush with oil and compressed/canned air, and you'll probably find all sorts of gunk comes out :thumbsup:

A lot of things can be hit or miss when it comes to Wright’s knives, but that part is pretty much guaranteed. “Crud in the joint, or your money back!” 😁

You must be psychic. That is the shoe with the nail-hole in it. And I've been wondering if iron-soled diabetic shoes are available. I'll ask my doctor, she has endless patience. So far.
My tetanus is still current and I'm keeping the wound clean and lubed against diabetic foot sores. I'll pick up some onions today so I'll have all the ingredients of Bald's eye salve, just in case.
Funny, I feel the band-aid I'm walking on, but I never felt the nail.
Z8KFYZP.jpg
I had a pair of the US Vietnam-era jungle boots, with caltrop protection, once, and found them pretty good :) Glad to hear that they don't have to poke you anymore buddy, and that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:
J
Jack, Nice photo of your wonderful HHB.

Going with my HHB today - my favorite knife.
View attachment 1647343
Thank you Bill, great choice! :) ;) :thumbsup:
I was out at a restaurant today getting some beer and pizza, well they had the beer I had a Fanta 😁 but regardless we sit down and discover..... theres no bottle opener?? 😲:eek:

So being the hero I am I reach into my pocket for a swiss army knife...and pull out my lambsfoot o_O🤣 I usually hahe both but I guess I left the other in my uniform.

Anyway we got the beer opened and had a good time, but it got me thinking, has A Wright & Son ever done a knife with a caplifter? I was looking at my lambsfoot today and I think a lambsfoot caplifter combo would be great.
You must have seen guys open beers with a cigarette lighter before Jon? I reckon you could use the same principle with a Lambsfoot! :D ;) I always have several bottle-openers on me, but no, Wright's haven't done that, having few original ideas themselves, they usually rely on ripping them off 😒 So, while I can think of several Lambsfoot designs that could incorporate a bottle-opener, I certainly wouldn't want to share them with A. Wright & Son ;) :thumbsup:
Jack, I really enjoyed your picture show on Tuesday, but if you were trying to get your own post count up, you should know that the requirement for the forum knife was 50 posts, not 50k. 😉
Thanks Barrett! :D :thumbsup:
I like Christmas as much as the next guy… but not in September! 🙄😁

About that Yorkshire brew, I didn’t know Yorkshire had the proper climate for growing sugarcane (or tea for that matter, but I least I know what they mean when they say “Yorkshire tea”). 😉
Hmmm :rolleyes: Yes, you're not the only one to comment on that sign my friend ;) I think they might have used a certain amount of 'license' there! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks guys. I had to order that chili crunch from the folks who make it. There are some more widely available ones out there (usually referred to as chili crisp), but I haven’t tried any others. I don’t believe any of ‘em are made in Yorkshire, though. 🙂
What a shame! :D ;) I still might try and get hold of some! :D :) :thumbsup:
I always enjoy your pub photos, David. :thumbsup: And I particularly enjoyed looking through the pubs-of-the-year on the wall there. I was disappointed, after googling it, to learn that the Fat Cat that won in 1998 & 2004 was in Norwich, and was not the Fat Cat I’ve been to in Sheffield, but then I spotted the Kelham Island Tavern (2008 & 2009) just above it, and I have been there! 🙂

95Dn9UL.jpg
I think that was the last time I was in the Kelham Island Tavern my friend, I hope we can do that again one day :) :thumbsup:

Such a cool pic! :cool: :D :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that, Jack. I hope he’s doing alright.
Thanks mate :) I spoke to him yesterday Barrett, and he had a cough, and a sore throat still, but he said he was a lot better than the day before, when he had been really out of it. I'll give him a ring on Monday, hoping he's going to be OK :thumbsup:
A lot of things can be hit or miss when it comes to Wright’s knives, but that part is pretty much guaranteed. “Crud in the joint, or your money back!” 😁
:D :thumbsup:
Was this from the last SFO you did from A Wright & Son?
That's the 2019 Guardians SFO Jon, with Ironwood covers :) Not the last SFO, but the last of the annual Guardians knives. Maybe Eric or Charlie will do us one someday :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I went out for a walk, but for various reasons, ended up doing a different route to what I had planned. I didn't take many pics, but, annoyingly, and for no reason I can fathom, 90% of the knife pics I took were out of focus 😠

ZGYbRcs.jpg

MfpC8nf.jpg

rWauMWt.jpg

8ot53xD.jpg

Vz0lPrf.jpg

Near the end of our walk, we spotted an Egret, which were rare here at one time. I was trying to get a photo, but it was way out of range for my simple camera. My girlfriend, who has any number of fancy cameras, having left home without one, soon became bored, even though I'll take 10 pics for every one she does (OK, mine aren't very good!). She asked why I was trying to get a photo with my clearly inadequate camera, and when I told her it was to share with my friends on the forum, she said, "I don't know why you're bothering, when there's that guy who takes photos of bears posing with his knives?!" :oops::oops:🤨🤣

oO5B3QG.jpg

rBaWHGA.jpg

YGiixcH.jpg

0ccZGV4.jpg

snlQn1o.jpg

nVcwvnx.jpg

ghOYRT4.jpg

I had a pair of the US Vietnam-era jungle boots, with caltrop protection, once, and found them pretty good :) Glad to hear that they don't have to poke you anymore buddy, and that's a cool pic :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Bill, great choice! :) ;) :thumbsup:

You must have seen guys open beers with a cigarette lighter before Jon? I reckon you could use the same principle with a Lambsfoot! :D ;) I always have several bottle-openers on me, but no, Wright's haven't done that, having few original ideas themselves, they usually rely on ripping them off 😒 So, while I can think of several Lambsfoot designs that could incorporate a bottle-opener, I certainly wouldn't want to share them with A. Wright & Son ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Hmmm :rolleyes: Yes, you're not the only one to comment on that sign my friend ;) I think they might have used a certain amount of 'license' there! :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

What a shame! :D ;) I still might try and get hold of some! :D :) :thumbsup:

I think that was the last time I was in the Kelham Island Tavern my friend, I hope we can do that again one day :) :thumbsup:

Such a cool pic! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks mate :) I spoke to him yesterday Barrett, and he had a cough, and a sore throat still, but he said he was a lot better than the day before, when he had been really out of it. I'll give him a ring on Monday, hoping he's going to be OK :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

That's the 2019 Guardians SFO Jon, with Ironwood covers :) Not the last SFO, but the last of the annual Guardians knives. Maybe Eric or Charlie will do us one someday :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone is having a good day. I went out for a walk, but for various reasons, ended up doing a different route to what I had planned. I didn't take many pics, but, annoyingly, and for no reason I can fathom, 90% of the knife pics I took were out of focus 😠

ZGYbRcs.jpg

MfpC8nf.jpg

rWauMWt.jpg

8ot53xD.jpg

Vz0lPrf.jpg

Near the end of our walk, we spotted an Egret, which were rare here at one time. I was trying to get a photo, but it was way out of range for my simple camera. My girlfriend, who has any number of fancy cameras, having left home without one, soon became bored, even though I'll take 10 pics for every one she does (OK, mine aren't very good!). She asked why I was trying to get a photo with my clearly inadequate camera, and when I told her it was to share with my friends on the forum, she said, "I don't know why you're bothering, when there's that guy who takes photos of bears posing with his knives?!" :oops::oops:🤨🤣

oO5B3QG.jpg

rBaWHGA.jpg

YGiixcH.jpg

0ccZGV4.jpg

snlQn1o.jpg

nVcwvnx.jpg

ghOYRT4.jpg
Cool photos Jack! 😎👍

Back