Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Further to my answer above Jon, Wright's ran out of Ironwood for that SFO, so I had to send them out in two batches :thumbsup:

uvYAfqD.jpg

I like that photo Barrett :) :thumbsup:
Well they look great, I'm sure everyone is enjoying them.

Been doing some catch up reading, good to see an esteemed member of the Porch and the Guardians[ I Won't Mention Her Name :) ] helping you out Jack with sending a recent purchase, good form on her behalf. :thumbsup: . And talking of sending stuff, saw your comment Jack about overseas postage nearly doubling over there, you are not wrong, i have a parcel on the way from your shores, and it was a lot more expensive than the last time i had something sent from the " Olde Dart '. 🤬🤯. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

I went out for a walk, but for various reasons, ended up doing a different route to what I had planned.

Nice to see the weather cooperated and you guys got in a nice hike Jack :)
We are starting to slowly resume our walking routine after all my summer disruptions adventuring on Esperanza.

she said, "I don't know why you're bothering, when there's that guy who takes photos of bears posing with his knives?!"

Just in case she was referring about me I have to say that Canadian bears are actually quite docile, even lovable and they can not resist posing for a pic with a lambsfoot :cool:

TWsDtvl.jpg

l5mCSHv.jpg

Canadian Sasquatches though are extremely vicious 😱 , they'll rip you to pieces in a second.

As vicious as they are however they are no match to a sharp lambsfoot.
My ebony lamb has come in quite handy on several occasions already helping me dispatch several of them :thumbsup:🤓

hkStiv0.jpg

( no worries Jack, you'll be safe in Canada 😄 )

Those are lovely !
Thanks Steve :)
Carried this today

Ztl0ZjB.jpg
That's some great-looking stag, a very handsome Lambsfoot my friend :cool: :thumbsup:
Well they look great, I'm sure everyone is enjoying them.
Thank you Jon, I wish a few more of their owners would come back and show them here :thumbsup:
Been doing some catch up reading, good to see an esteemed member of the Porch and the Guardians[ I Won't Mention Her Name :) ] helping you out Jack with sending a recent purchase, good form on her behalf. :thumbsup: . And talking of sending stuff, saw your comment Jack about overseas postage nearly doubling over there, you are not wrong, i have a parcel on the way from your shores, and it was a lot more expensive than the last time i had something sent from the " Olde Dart '. 🤬🤯. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)
Yes, extremely thoughtful of her, and not the first time either :) :thumbsup:

Prices are going through the roof here with everything Leon, but they ramped up the overseas postage rates during lockdown, when a lot of folks wouldn't have noticed :mad:

Hope everything is well with you there my friend :thumbsup:
Nice to see the weather cooperated and you guys got in a nice hike Jack :)
We are starting to slowly resume our walking routine after all my summer disruptions adventuring on Esperanza.
Thanks a lot Dan, I'm really enjoyed your Esperanza trips, they were very adventurous :) :thumbsup:
Just in case she was referring about me...
Most definitely! I showed her some of your stunning wildlife pics once (no bears involved), and now there's a new standard! ;) I think she's jealous that she's not getting adopted like I am! :D :thumbsup:
...I have to say that Canadian bears are actually quite docile, even lovable and they can not resist posing for a pic with a lambsfoot :cool:

TWsDtvl.jpg

l5mCSHv.jpg
Cute pics Dan :D :thumbsup:
Canadian Sasquatches though are extremely vicious 😱 , they'll rip you to pieces in a second.

As vicious as they are however they are no match to a sharp lambsfoot.
My ebony lamb has come in quite handy on several occasions already helping me dispatch several of them :thumbsup:🤓

hkStiv0.jpg

( no worries Jack, you'll be safe in Canada 😄 )
Yikes! You did well to defend yourself there buddy! :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, I hope you're having a fantastic weekend :) :thumbsup:
Thank you very kindly, Jack!!! It's a super cool pattern and I greatly appreciate you introducing me to it! 😁 :cool: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The pleasure is mine my friend :) :thumbsup:

DcASqc8.jpeg

Currently waiting to do my laundry, so I grabbed a book from the free bookshelf while I wait, fingers crossed its good. I would sure like to meet the logistics guy who set up this place. Four washing machines for an entire Battalion. Some 600 people. That's some really shoddy math. Probably the same person balancing the US budget.

Last edited:
DcASqc8.jpeg

Currently wait to do my laundry, so I grabbed a book from the free bookshelf while I wait, fingers crossed it good. I would sure like to meet the logistics guy to set up this place. Four washing machines for an entire Battalion. Some 600 people. That's some really shoddy math. Probably the same person balancing the US budget.
That's kind of crazy Jon! 🤯 Hope you enjoy the book, and that you're not waiting too long :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've no plans to do much today, just catch up with a few things in the house. Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

MTR8s0V.jpg

That's kind of crazy Jon! 🤯 Hope you enjoy the book, and that you're not waiting too long :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a great weekend :) I've no plans to do much today, just catch up with a few things in the house. Enjoy your Sunday Guardians :thumbsup:

MTR8s0V.jpg
Great phot of your HHB with Chestnuts.

Good morning to all, heading north today for a week to visit with friends and family. Making a stop at the Gettysburg battlefield and other civil war battlefield during the week. Keeping my HHB with me all week.
IMG_3197.JPG

Good morning, Guardians!
Carrying my SamDamLamb for Sunday youth Softball and Soccer on this beautiful day!
DEB070DA-F1EE-4BD7-891C-4A2FFBDD8680.jpeg

Paternity leave is ending for me, so back to work this week, but it’s been great being able to spend more time than usual catching up with the Porch, and, more importantly, padding my post count.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

Great phot of your HHB with Chestnuts.

Good morning to all, heading north today for a week to visit with friends and family. Making a stop at the Gettysburg battlefield and other civil war battlefield during the week. Keeping my HHB with me all week.
View attachment 1648007

Thank you Todd, unfortunately the Victorians planted HORSE chestnuts, rather than SWEET chestnuts, on my street, for some reason :rolleyes: I love chestnuts, and I did have some yesterday, but I'm afraid they came out of a packet ;)

Wow, that sounds like a really interesting trip my friend, I hope you'll share a few pics with us on your return :) Great pic of your Hartshead Barlow, which looks all ready for the trip :) What a lucky Barlow! :D :thumbsup:

Good morning, Guardians!
Carrying my SamDamLamb for Sunday youth Softball and Soccer on this beautiful day!
View attachment 1648026

Paternity leave is ending for me, so back to work this week, but it’s been great being able to spend more time than usual catching up with the Porch, and, more importantly, padding my post count.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!
Great to see your fancy Lambsfoot again Mike, cool pic :) Sorry to hear that work beckons again buddy, but have a great day today, and keep those posts coming! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I had an old friend call in today. Twenty years ago, he asked me if I would like his father's leather trouser belt. I assumed his father had passed away, and while I have plenty of good belts, I didn't want to reject his kindness. I always kept in mind that he might want it back at some point, and these past few years, it's been too small for me anyway. I put it anyway in a drawer, and I was just thinking, the other day, that I'd ask him if he'd like it back when I next saw him. I raised the matter today, but it turned out his father is still alive, and has been living in the US for the past 40 years, and he couldn't remember the belt, or giving it to me! :D He was pleased to have it though :thumbsup:

Another pic of my Hartshead Barlow from yesterday :)

mTdWnS7.jpg

Yeah, could be virtually any post-industrial town! Wonder how much that cost the residents of Sheffield?! 😒 The artist was probably instructed to include the cementation furnace, which could just as easily be a bottle-kiln :rolleyes: A friend of mine was over in Sheffield the other week, and said that all the old factories, that once stood around the furnace, have now been completely obliterated :(

dBFLcuL.jpg

I'll look out for those David, let me know how you find them :thumbsup:

Edit - They sound interesting David, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them, particularly the zero-drop design, and the wide toe-box. They're not cheap are they?! 😳

:D :thumbsup:

Cool pics :) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. Apologies for the late reply I left early Tuesday for a few days in Birmingham for something to do with work.

I bought the Altras as there's something about the zero drop design possibly helping alleviate knee/hip pain.
Yesterday was my first big walk of this autumn/winter and I've got to say I didn't really feel any difference; even with my walking poles I still had a touch of knee pain at the end of the walk. Grip was better than the more common designs, and they are a huge improvement over my Merrells. I'm not calling them a failure as it was just one walk so I'll see how things go over the next few weeks. But saying that it'll be boot weather in couple months anyway.

That's a great furnace, where about is that? I'm not surprised to hear about the factories though, our cities are constant building sites nowadays.

I always enjoy your pub photos, David. :thumbsup: And I particularly enjoyed looking through the pubs-of-the-year on the wall there. I was disappointed, after googling it, to learn that the Fat Cat that won in 1998 & 2004 was in Norwich, and was not the Fat Cat I’ve been to in Sheffield, but then I spotted the Kelham Island Tavern (2008 & 2009) just above it, and I have been there! 🙂
Thanks Barrett thought you would of done. I recall you've posted a Fat Cat pic a few times from your visit and I thought you must of gone to the Kelham Island Tavern given their only about 100 yards apart.

Hi, long-time lurker but finally got round to posting, not many in my collection but they are classic's!View attachment 1647965
Welcome. That's a great flock you have there. :thumbsup:

From my walk yesterday.
k2BAN8s.jpg

dYu8XLf.jpg

I hope everyone's had/having a nice weekend. :thumbsup:

Back