Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

We don't realize how lucky we are, those poor people went through hell, my Auntie and her best mate, spent their weekends helping the poor in those slum areas over here in a Suburb called Fitzroy, it was the toughest suburb in Melbourne, now it is gentrified, my Auntie never had any money, all her wages went on paying rent and putting food on the tables of those less fortunate.
Definitely mate, I have heard of Fitzroy. My grandparents, 5 aunties and uncles, and 4 cousins, and all their neighbours, were re-housed in the vast flats/housing project shown in the centre of this photo. In less than two decades, they were also regarded as slums, but when people first moved into them, they were regarded as palaces, simply because people had bathrooms for the first time. My grandparents lived on the top floor, and my grandfather thought it was wonderful :)

b25lY21zOjE3ODI5YjcwLTk0NWEtNGZmMy04ZmFmLTJkNGRkN2QxMDhlZTo3NzgxYTBlYy0zMTVlLTQ0YTQtYjNlNy0yODQ0YTYwZTRjMDQ=.jpg

Their old house was close to the top right-hand corner of the photo, and Hillfoot Working-Men's Club is the building closest to the road there. On the other side of the road, lined by factories, and steel-works is the River Don. The large white building across the bridge is the Farfield Inn (or Farfield House), one of the few building, which survived the Sheffield flood of 1864.

s00911.jpg

I don't think I was the only one here, who was surprised when, in defiance of the weather forecast, the sun poked its head out this afternoon. A bit cooler than it has been, but I managed to get to town, pick up some shopping, pay a bill, and have a Thai lunch :) :thumbsup:

It was more enjoyable than sitting in line trying to buy fuel :rolleyes:

TELEMMGLPICT000272627985_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqA7N2CxnJWnYI3tCbVBgu9T0aesusvN1TE7a0ddd_esI.jpeg

It could be worse though! :eek:

OkQUAkq.jpg

tz0Nrv4.jpeg

I finished my book today and now I have to decide what to read next. What sounds more interesting Edision or Theodore Roosevelt?
Two interesting hiostorical figures Jon, so I hope you won't be disappointed, whichever book you pick :) Interesting grain on that Rosewood :thumbsup:

I've just started a new book myself. I have a massive backlog! :eek:

MkkPiPg.jpg

Having a scone with my afternoon cuppa :)

BGYBb5D.jpg

I don't often slice bananas, so had really noticed that Todd, but I remember being surprised at how quickly strawberries affect carbon steel :)
It was really just an experiment. I was cutting some fruits and vegetables up for our box turtles, and they love bananas so instead of just breaking them up I put the carbon to them. 😊 I don’t force a patina, but I don’t pass up an opportunity to start one either. 😉👍

It was really just an experiment. I was cutting some fruits and vegetables up for our box turtles, and they love bananas so instead of just breaking them up I put the carbon to them. 😊 I don’t force a patina, but I don’t pass up an opportunity to start one either. 😉👍
While I don't often cut up bananas, I have certainly cut them up a great many times :) I take the same approach my friend ;) :D :thumbsup:

We've worked hard over the past few of years to incorporate more native plants into our garden to support local wildlife. This wild aster popped up for the first time this year after broadcasting a seed mix at least two years ago and really exploded!
fWCrmtb.jpg
Really nice PD, with your Waynorth Lamb, it's made for a beautiful photo :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I thought I'd have a change today, and drop one of the Lambsfoot knives Reaper AL Reaper AL gifted me in my pocket. Al asked J jsdistin to re-build and re-cover 6 Sheffield Lambs, and very generously sent me 3 of them :)

ANIBSRJ.jpg

The covers are African Blackwood, Appaloosa Bone, and Giraffe Bone, and it's the latter I'm carrying today :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

KKhptVs.jpg

Messed things up with my carry today :rolleyes: I decided to change my trousers before going out. Patted my pockets before I went out the door, phone, loose change, knives. Later, when I got my Lambsfoot out, it was my Hartshead Barlow, rather than my Giraffe Bone custom! :oops: Darn Barlow just won't leave my pocket! :rolleyes:

Back