Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

nA0EIH0.jpg
Hope you enjoy the movie, Jack... don't fall asleep.

Hope you enjoy the movie, Jack... don't fall asleep.
Thanks a lot John, it's a little late in the day for me, but my mate has to put his kids to bed first. Hopefully, I'll be ok, when I went to see Bladerunner 2049, I was one of the few people in the theatre with the stamina to stay awake! :D ;) :thumbsup:
Great pic Jer :cool: :) :thumbsup:

The gangs, and their leading members, were still commonly talked about when I was a kid David, though I think the gang problems were far greater, and still ongoing, to some extent. One of the Sheffield gangs had strong link with the Brummagem Boys, and they aided each other at the racecourses, and in their various feuds.

Totally mate! :rolleyes: That area used to have some great pubs, but almost all of those, that have not been flattened, have been transformed out of all recognition :(

Glad to hear you've been getting better priced ale mate :) I have to go down to London for the day in a couple of weeks - fuel permitting - so that will be interesting, and no doubt expensive! :eek: :rolleyes:
Yeah the Brummagem Boys were virtually national (with links to Ireland as well??). I believe (some of) the exploits in the series 'Peaky Blinders' are based on their doings though I never watched it. I may buy that book as it was really interesting to see just how organized, organized crime was.
I don't know how well you know London Jack, but if you want any pub recommendations then let me know; I've....extensive knowledge shall we say. :cool:
But if you think Leeds is expensive for beer, before you enter a London pub you best gird up your loins sir.

It was more enjoyable than sitting in line trying to buy fuel :rolleyes:

TELEMMGLPICT000272627985_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqA7N2CxnJWnYI3tCbVBgu9T0aesusvN1TE7a0ddd_esI.jpeg
Ha! Idiots! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've always liked the Wright's rosewood. This one must be 15ish years old now and the covers see a bit of mineral oil now and again.
cHv1ZOo.jpg

Hmm whole give my lambsfoot a quick rinse today I noticed the spring pin almost looks cracked, didn't get a very good look at it because it's quite later over here, but I suppose if it is it'll just turn into a recover project 🤣 I have a nice piece of purple heart I've been wanting to slap on an old knife.

Very apt for the moment. I may have bitten off more than i can chew here.🤯🤯🤯

pzfQsri.jpg

More to follow. :rolleyes:
Those are very interesting photos my friend :) Well spotted! :cool: :thumbsup:

rg642oK.jpg

I hope you're doing OK there Duncan. it's great to see you here :) I'm glad that you were able to get the pull on your '19 to the point where it works better for you :) Beautiful photos of it, those are very attractive covers. There were a few other knives from that run, with similarly-patterned Ironwood, and I always thought they stood out :thumbsup:

L2AQFsV.jpg

GH19FlT.jpg
Hey there Jack!
I am doing well - Thank you my friend, We have been in Lockdown for some time now, hoping to break out of Level Three later next week, during Level 4 my father passed away, he couldn't complain reaching 95 years old, but he and I were like the Mike and the Mechanics Song unfortunately.

Jack those Covers are just beautiful arent they! extremely Handsome Knives is how they strike me.

Cheers John! :) Hope you enjoyed your beer buddy :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week got off to a good start. As mentioned above, I kind of messed up with my Lambsfoot carry, with my pocket-stealing Hartshead Barlow sneaking into its regular spot, against my wishes. I guess there are worse things in life, but today, I'm going to carry my recently Flitzed and sharpened Rosewood Big 'Un ;) Have a good day everyone, and I hope you enjoy carrying your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

wQIiMSw.jpg
:) :thumbsup:

Very apt for the moment. I may have bitten off more than i can chew here.🤯🤯🤯

pzfQsri.jpg

More to follow. :rolleyes:
Ok...NOW you have my interest my friend!!! I cant wait to see what you are doing here, a Re-dye in the making?

I think I earned the pie I just had for my evening meal ('tea' where I come from). I had to move two very large book cases, which not only contained hundreds of books, but also many hundred knives. The bookcases themselves are heavy, so I had to strip them of their contents before I could move them. I've got a lot more work to do, but as I'm going out tonight, it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm going to see The Many Saints of Newark with a pal, and if I do anymore, I'll be falling asleep in the cinema. Can't have that as it's the first time I've been to see a movie for more than 18 months, and I snore terribly! :eek: I've enjoyed carrying my Big 'Un today, but when I go out later, I'm going to pocket my AC :thumbsup:

nA0EIH0.jpg
That Stag is drop Dead gorgeous! always love seeing this Knife Jack!

Hi Jack, I remember you posted a little while ago about your disappointing experience with the Worksharp sharpening system.
If I remember correctly the issue was with the clamp design not allowing for the proper angle on small blades ( you wanted 20 degrees per side )

Gritomatic Gritomatic Gritomatic has recently released some economical clamps that work with a variety of sharpening systems on the market by way of "adaptors" that make the connection possible.

It looks like the adaptor for the worksharp system is coming up soon.

Ovj4TeY.jpg

I bought a couple of these clamps for my 3D printed system.
I am quite pleased with them. They allow for very low angles if desired.
I just check them on my lambsfoot and I was able to go down to 12 degrees ( so 15 to 20 degrees bevels on small knives are no problem on my system.)

NevTs9v.jpg

EuXSdVf.jpg

Thought I share this info

Hi Jack, I remember you posted a little while ago about your disappointing experience with the Worksharp sharpening system.
If I remember correctly the issue was with the clamp design not allowing for the proper angle on small blades ( you wanted 20 degrees per side )

Gritomatic Gritomatic Gritomatic has recently released some economical clamps that work with a variety of sharpening systems on the market by way of "adaptors" that make the connection possible.

Ovj4TeY.jpg

I just check them on my lambsfoot and I was able to go down to 12 degrees ( so 15 to 20 degrees bevels on small knives are no problem on my system.)

NevTs9v.jpg

EuXSdVf.jpg

How is your sharpener going, have not heard a report for a while. 😍 :thumbsup:

How is your sharpener going, have not heard a report for a while. 😍 :thumbsup:

Thanks Leon 😊
It’s going well 👍, I just posted some updates on the maintenance section.

Sharpening knives was sort of on hold for the summer while I was busy fulfilling my explorer ambitions 😆 but I am getting back into it now.😎

Three of my remaining group of seven Lambfoot knives have Rosewood handles. I like the various colors of Rosewood and how it ages. My group with a Rosewood "Big-un", a Standard single blade, and a two blade Standard.

View attachment 1650285
Each different, but the bottom two particularly so Ed :thumbsup:
Yeah the Brummagem Boys were virtually national (with links to Ireland as well??). I believe (some of) the exploits in the series 'Peaky Blinders' are based on their doings though I never watched it. I may buy that book as it was really interesting to see just how organized, organized crime was.
I don't know how well you know London Jack, but if you want any pub recommendations then let me know; I've....extensive knowledge shall we say. :cool:
But if you think Leeds is expensive for beer, before you enter a London pub you best gird up your loins sir.
I knew they were a big gang, but didn't realise that David. Yes, there are probably traces of genuine history in that largely awful show you have done to avoid - not sitting on the fence or anything! :D I've lived in London several times, and until 10 years ago, I was a very regular visitor, but always grateful for your guidance on quality licensed premises my friend :) Unfortunately, my trip to London has had to be cancelled due to the difficulty in obtaining fuel :rolleyes: I'll be going down at some point though :thumbsup:
Ha! Idiots! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Totally bloody mad mate :rolleyes: 🤨
I've always liked the Wright's rosewood. This one must be 15ish years old now and the covers see a bit of mineral oil now and again.
cHv1ZOo.jpg
That's a nice photo David, really presents those rosewood covers well :cool: :thumbsup:
Hmm whole give my lambsfoot a quick rinse today I noticed the spring pin almost looks cracked, didn't get a very good look at it because it's quite later over here, but I suppose if it is it'll just turn into a recover project 🤣 I have a nice piece of purple heart I've been wanting to slap on an old knife.
Hope you'll show a pic when you get time Jon :thumbsup:
Hey there Jack!
I am doing well - Thank you my friend, We have been in Lockdown for some time now, hoping to break out of Level Three later next week, during Level 4 my father passed away, he couldn't complain reaching 95 years old, but he and I were like the Mike and the Mechanics Song unfortunately.
I'm very sorry to hear about your father passing Duncan :( You have my deepest condolences my friend :thumbsup:

I'd missed/forgotten the fact you were in lockdown mate, I hope it's going OK, and that things soon return to how they were before :thumbsup: Only 250,000 new cases here in the last 7 days, 5,000 hospital admissions, and 1,000 deaths, so it's hardly surprising that it's barely in the news here anymore :rolleyes: o_O
Jack those Covers are just beautiful arent they! extremely Handsome Knives is how they strike me.
That Stag is drop Dead gorgeous! always love seeing this Knife Jack!
Thank you very much for the kind words my friend :) :thumbsup:
Another instalment. I am at a crossroad and have to make some decisions. Will need fellow " Porchonians " advise and input. :)
More to follow.

krydGb5.jpg

REX1UkA.jpg
Looking forward to hearing what you're up to Leon, stripping the dye? :thumbsup:

Ovj4TeY.jpg

NevTs9v.jpg

EuXSdVf.jpg

Many thanks for this information Dan, I had a look in the maintenance section the other day, as I was thinking of this. I also see that Worksharp have brought out an upgrade themselves with more stones. To be honest, I haven't had it out again, and don't really know why I bought the system! :rolleyes: Those clamps look really good my friend, I don't really understand why Worksharp went with their flawed design. Shipping replacements over here might be expensive, with the way postage has gone this past year. I really like the look of your system Dan, very cool :) Thanks again for the info :thumbsup:

Evening Guardians. I wanted to say hi and to wish everyone the best.
Hey Harvey! :) It's great to see you here my friend, how are you doing? I'm sure I'm not alone in having missed you, and your unique photos. That's a venerable old beauty there :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I enjoyed the movie last night, and recommend it to any Sopranos fans :) I certainly didn't fall asleep, despite the deep recliners, and relatively late hour ;) Me and my mate usually combine a trip to the cinema with a few pints, but he's on the waggon at the moment, so I took a can in with me, encased in the Portland Thorns cosy Pàdruig Pàdruig sent me a while back :) I enjoyed carrying my AC, but it didn't actually get used, so I thought I'd carry it again today.

My pal with the tool-stall has almost recovered from Covid, but won't be at the market today, which is just as well, as the weather is rotten. It seems a bit strange not being down there myself, but I have plenty to do, not least moving that other bookcase :eek: I hope the rain stops at some point, as I need to go out to buy some groceries :rolleyes:

I thought I'd have a Double Lambsfoot Day, and carry two of my favourite staggies :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

2d4Yj1Z.jpg

fYBdNT1.jpg

Back