Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Nice to hear that you're carrying it so often my friend :) If you can get a pic, we can hopefully work out which one is yours :) That sounds good :thumbsup:
Here are a couple quick pics around the office. After the first one on the cow skull I decided to give it a quick scrub. The scrubbed photo is on a sea lion humerus.

20210928_124518.jpg

20210928_124923.jpg

But if you are trying to figure out which it is in the big picture, this old photo from when it was new might make it a little easier:
full

I must apologise for being a stranger, its been strange times here, a lot of dynamics going on! :) :thumbsup:

When I first received this Stunner ( once again- Thank you Jack for all your hard work in breathing life back into the Lambs-foot Pattern) I was blown away, the Pull on the Knife was extreme, I carried it somewhat but didnt use it to the degree I wanted because it was a real effort to use it, so i posted this a while ago, Jack helped me back the some great pointers that Guardians have posted.

I went to work on the Knife- worked it, worked it, and worked it some more, thought it was spot on until I left it for a couple of days on my desk and it was still a wee bit stout in the Pull, so I worked it just once more.

Man... since then this beauty has had a workout, I am paying more attention in keeping patina away from this one, I just think the Knife looks Stellar the way it is!, yesterday, it just refused to cut anymore after it's last duty dealing to many many thick Cardboard boxes.

So I will sit back possibly tonight and put an edge on it, But the Wood Grain is nothing short of gorgeous!
I really love it, especially in the bright natural daylight- it just jumps to life, I call this an extremely "Handsome" Knife because of the dark Earthy Tones.

I took some snaps before it got too dark .....

0SUvIfY.jpg

Not the greatest light to highlight the Pile sides lovely Grain...
eBICB0Z.jpg

b369Ubo.jpg

zN0zAqb.jpg

Have a awesome days / night Folks.

Here are a couple quick pics around the office. After the first one on the cow skull I decided to give it a quick scrub. The scrubbed photo is on a sea lion humerus.

View attachment 1649683

View attachment 1649684

But if you are trying to figure out which it is in the big picture, this old photo from when it was new might make it a little easier:
full

I'm pretty sure this one is mine :)

View attachment 1649728
Those are very interesting photos my friend :) Well spotted! :cool: :thumbsup:

rg642oK.jpg

I must apologise for being a stranger, its been strange times here, a lot of dynamics going on! :) :thumbsup:

When I first received this Stunner ( once again- Thank you Jack for all your hard work in breathing life back into the Lambs-foot Pattern) I was blown away, the Pull on the Knife was extreme, I carried it somewhat but didnt use it to the degree I wanted because it was a real effort to use it, so i posted this a while ago, Jack helped me back the some great pointers that Guardians have posted.

I went to work on the Knife- worked it, worked it, and worked it some more, thought it was spot on until I left it for a couple of days on my desk and it was still a wee bit stout in the Pull, so I worked it just once more.

Man... since then this beauty has had a workout, I am paying more attention in keeping patina away from this one, I just think the Knife looks Stellar the way it is!, yesterday, it just refused to cut anymore after it's last duty dealing to many many thick Cardboard boxes.

So I will sit back possibly tonight and put an edge on it, But the Wood Grain is nothing short of gorgeous!
I really love it, especially in the bright natural daylight- it just jumps to life, I call this an extremely "Handsome" Knife because of the dark Earthy Tones.

I took some snaps before it got too dark .....

0SUvIfY.jpg

Not the greatest light to highlight the Pile sides lovely Grain...
eBICB0Z.jpg

b369Ubo.jpg

zN0zAqb.jpg

Have a awesome days / night Folks.
I hope you're doing OK there Duncan. it's great to see you here :) I'm glad that you were able to get the pull on your '19 to the point where it works better for you :) Beautiful photos of it, those are very attractive covers. There were a few other knives from that run, with similarly-patterned Ironwood, and I always thought they stood out :thumbsup:

L2AQFsV.jpg

GH19FlT.jpg

Cheers John! :) Hope you enjoyed your beer buddy :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone's week got off to a good start. As mentioned above, I kind of messed up with my Lambsfoot carry, with my pocket-stealing Hartshead Barlow sneaking into its regular spot, against my wishes. I guess there are worse things in life, but today, I'm going to carry my recently Flitzed and sharpened Rosewood Big 'Un ;) Have a good day everyone, and I hope you enjoy carrying your Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

wQIiMSw.jpg

Very apt for the moment. I may have bitten off more than i can chew here.🤯🤯🤯

pzfQsri.jpg

More to follow. :rolleyes:
Intrigued! 😐
I have always thought it was/is under rated and does not get the credit it deserves. Just my opinion. :thumbsup:
I think part of the reason for that, certainly here, is that all the remaining Sheffield cutlery firms use it, have done for years, and their Rosewood knives are often their least expensive, meaning the knives themselves probably have even less time spent on them than the pricier models. It's attractiveness is also usually more subtle than some other cover materials. Yet people often look for 'plain' in ebony. You're right Leon, it is underrated :thumbsup:

Enjoying carrying my Big Hitter! ;) :D :thumbsup:

UjYlxwT.jpg
I didn't know Gentleman Jim Corbett had his own boxing glove pattern. Assuming it's the same Corbett who broke "the arm what shook the world".
zzSDIY0.jpg

I had fun at the farm yesterday. Kirsten loosed me and my scythe on a field of weeds. The four-foot grass blade did a great and delightful job.
She said I could bring something like a machette today to tear up spent plants for composting. So I'll take a machette and my steel-throated brush hook.

I think part of the reason for that, certainly here, is that all the remaining Sheffield cutlery firms use it, have done for years, and their Rosewood knives are often their least expensive, meaning the knives themselves probably have even less time spent on them than the pricier models. It's attractiveness is also usually more subtle than some other cover materials. Yet people often look for 'plain' in ebony. You're right Leon, it is underrated
Rosewood does have a "plain brown" appearance, compared to some of the showier SFOs, but it's got a classic charm of its own.
xvIwEwb.jpg

gZ7Lvfp.jpg

Breakfast of Champions.:p:p:p
LOL! :D I only have Beans on Toast a handful of times every year, but I really should have it more :) :thumbsup:
I didn't know Gentleman Jim Corbett had his own boxing glove pattern. Assuming it's the same Corbett who broke "the arm what shook the world".
zzSDIY0.jpg

I had fun at the farm yesterday. Kirsten loosed me and my scythe on a field of weeds. The four-foot grass blade did a great and delightful job.
She said I could bring something like a machette today to tear up spent plants for composting. So I'll take a machette and my steel-throated brush hook.
I would think it may very well be Jer, but I couldn't say for certain. The author has a few things to say about gloves elsewhere. Interesting to see the "new" American pattern, which doesn't leave the thumb sticking out, waiting to get broken, or poked in an eye! :eek: :rolleyes:

gOScZtU.jpg

That sounds like fun Jer :) Enjoy your work today mate, good fun using good tools :) :thumbsup:
Rosewood does have a "plain brown" appearance, compared to some of the showier SFOs, but it's got a classic charm of its own.
xvIwEwb.jpg

gZ7Lvfp.jpg
I agree Rachel, nice photos :) :thumbsup:

7g3l4cj.jpg

I think I earned the pie I just had for my evening meal ('tea' where I come from). I had to move two very large book cases, which not only contained hundreds of books, but also many hundred knives. The bookcases themselves are heavy, so I had to strip them of their contents before I could move them. I've got a lot more work to do, but as I'm going out tonight, it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm going to see The Many Saints of Newark with a pal, and if I do anymore, I'll be falling asleep in the cinema. Can't have that as it's the first time I've been to see a movie for more than 18 months, and I snore terribly! :eek: I've enjoyed carrying my Big 'Un today, but when I go out later, I'm going to pocket my AC :thumbsup:

nA0EIH0.jpg

Back