Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

A dye job. Maybe, maybe not. I will know more tomorrow after i see how this goes. 🀯 :rolleyes::) .

Bu2GwVX.jpg

bqpQPO0.jpg

I'm traveling back to central Europe today, so it's not the best picture but the center pin, seems almost like ot has a crack across it. It's a thin crisp line with no marking on the scale to indicated it's just a deep scratch.
Thanks for the pic Jon, that's an interesting one. Those 'pins' are actually lengths of brass wire, which is quite soft, and so unlikely to crack. That's not to say that the wire couldn't have had a flaw though, and you're best-placed to judge, but it could just be that the soft brass has been scratched or marked in some way (I take your point about the wood not being marked). Keep an eye on it buddy :) Safe travels :thumbsup:

Thanks for the pic Jon, that's an interesting one. Those 'pins' are actually lengths of brass wire, which is quite soft, and so unlikely to crack. That's not to say that the wire couldn't have had a flaw though, and you're best-placed to judge, but it could just be that the soft brass has been scratched or marked in some way (I take your point about the wood not being marked). Keep an eye on it buddy :) Safe travels :thumbsup:
Yes, I understand they're just soft brass, which is why it would surprise me. Regardless I've quite enjoyed having it out here with me. I carried it on occasionally back home, but it being one of the only knives I have here mean theres a lot of bonding time 😁
It's quite humorous that theres all these soldiers here who carry these large tactical folders, but they always forget them so I'll just pull out my little lambsfoot for whatever needs cutting.

Evening Guardians. I wanted to say hi and to wish everyone the best.

Hey Harvey, so good to see you :)
I was thinking about you and your wonderful lamb and desserts treats photos just the other day. 🐏 πŸ₯žπŸ°:)

I'm sure I'm not alone in having missed you, and your unique photos.
No, you are not alone Jack :)
I really like the look of your system Dan, very cool :) Thanks again for the info :thumbsup:
Welcome :thumbsup:
View attachment 1650568
Have a good day folks! I’ve got an interview this afternoon for an extra part-time job. If it goes well it could bring a bit more stability for my wife to do more at home. Perhaps this will be my Lucky lambsfoot?

All the best in your interview Joshua :thumbsup:

bqpQPO0.jpg

I'm traveling back to central Europe today, so it's not the best picture but the center pin, seems almost like ot has a crack across it. It's a thin crisp line with no marking on the scale to indicated it's just a deep scratch.
It looks like a step rather than a crack to me, and even if it is a crack, the two splits are supporting each other. If it bothered be I would try sanding it out. That's a hazard of taking all these pictures; you worry about things you never would have noticed otherwise.

Here's an extra shot I didn't throw out.
RwKnMMI.jpg

View attachment 1650568
Have a good day folks! I’ve got an interview this afternoon for an extra part-time job. If it goes well it could bring a bit more stability for my wife to do more at home. Perhaps this will be my Lucky lambsfoot?
Good luck Joshua, I hope you get the job :thumbsup:
Yes, I understand they're just soft brass, which is why it would surprise me. Regardless I've quite enjoyed having it out here with me. I carried it on occasionally back home, but it being one of the only knives I have here mean theres a lot of bonding time 😁
It's quite humorous that theres all these soldiers here who carry these large tactical folders, but they always forget them so I'll just pull out my little lambsfoot for whatever needs cutting.
That's good that you've enjoyed carrying the Lamb so much Jon, I've enjoyed your posts :) That's funny :D I used to know a guy from the British SBS, who, among other things, was in charge of their climbing and mountaineering school (he was also based in California for a year, in charge of the SBS unit on secondment with the US Navy Seals). He carried an Opinel! :D :thumbsup:
πŸ™;):thumbsup:
It looks like a step rather than a crack to me, and even if it is a crack, the two splits are supporting each other. If it bothered be I would try sanding it out. That's a hazard of taking all these pictures; you worry about things you never would have noticed otherwise.

RwKnMMI.jpg
Wise words Jer, and it's great to see your Big 'Un again :cool: I messed up this year, when I purchased a Slingshot World calendar this year. It was expensive, and a lot of the photos are rubbish! :rolleyes: I just had a look at what is coming up for October and November, and I might not bother turning it over! :D

RwKnMMI.jpg
Hmmm you're probably right πŸ€” I'll have to go look at my other pictures maybe it's been there the whole time. 😁

Good luck Joshua, I hope you get the job :thumbsup:

That's good that you've enjoyed carrying the Lamb so much Jon, I've enjoyed your posts :) That's funny :D I used to know a guy from the British SBS, who, among other things, was in charge of their climbing and mountaineering school (he was also based in California for a year, in charge of the SBS unit on secondment with the US Navy Seals). He carried an Opinel! :D :thumbsup:

πŸ™;):thumbsup:

Wise words Jer, and it's great to see your Big 'Un again :cool: I messed up this year, when I purchased a Slingshot World calendar this year. It was expensive, and a lot of the photos are rubbish! :rolleyes: I just had a look at what is coming up for October and November, and I might not bother turning it over! :D
Thanks, Jack!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 😍 There is nothing plain or bland about those scales. They just ooze character and a story.
Thanks Cudgee. The story was Offa's Dyke that runs the length of the English Welsh border. It's about as characterful as you can get really.
ShRxkAt.jpg

I knew they were a big gang, but didn't realise that David. Yes, there are probably traces of genuine history in that largely awful show you have done to avoid - not sitting on the fence or anything! :D I've lived in London several times, and until 10 years ago, I was a very regular visitor, but always grateful for your guidance on quality licensed premises my friend :) Unfortunately, my trip to London has had to be cancelled due to the difficulty in obtaining fuel :rolleyes: I'll be going down at some point though :thumbsup:

Totally bloody mad mate :rolleyes: 🀨
Well that's annoying Jack, especially as were literally swimming in the stuff. :mad:
At least it'll give you time to save up to buy a pint without having to resort to mortgaging a vital organ. πŸ§‘β€βš•οΈπŸ«€πŸ˜

That's a nice photo David, really presents those rosewood covers well :cool: :thumbsup:

My pal with the tool-stall has almost recovered from Covid, but won't be at the market today, which is just as well, as the weather is rotten. It seems a bit strange not being down there myself, but I have plenty to do, not least moving that other bookcase :eek: I hope the rain stops at some point, as I need to go out to buy some groceries :rolleyes:

2d4Yj1Z.jpg

fYBdNT1.jpg
Thanks Jack. At least stag is more resilient to biblical flood; which is what were going to get if it doesn't stop raining over here.

Just planning winter stuff using a book that was a very generous gift off Jack last summer. It's a 1949 guide to all things historic in the UK.
Kvzvg3q.jpg

Betty sure is looking good though. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
Thank you Todd! Great wood for covers!πŸ™‚πŸ‘
I'll just say Military Intelligence and leave it at that. πŸ˜†
And the chow hall here is...lacking to say the least. Its run by the host country. Frankly I'd rather have an MRE anyday.
Understood!πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
N3KPsHo.jpg

That's good to hear my friend, I would certainly love to have a closer look at that Lambsfoot knife :) I've read a number of books about Mallory, but I'm afraid the knife barely gets a mention :( Obviously, a minor detail in a short, but fascinating life, but I'm glad he chose a Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

ysMTsW9.jpg
I just seen him mentioned the other day in a documentary, and when they found him.
Betty is looking good, as always :) :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Jack!πŸ™‚πŸ‘
The apple pie was absolutely fantastic, and the waitress gifted me some cheesecake to take with me :) Made my day, and hers, she said :thumbsup:

WJfsoMb.jpg
Sounds like a great way to end the day!!πŸ˜€ We need more good stories today for sure, even as simple as an appreciated dessert and shown gratitude!
light brown running through your knife.
Thank you Joshua, it does add a nice highlight to some wonderful wood!πŸ™‚
Hobbit Food. ;) :D
"I don't like green food!" πŸ˜€πŸ‘
I've always liked the Wright's rosewood. This one must be 15ish years old now and the covers see a bit of mineral oil now and again.
cHv1ZOo.jpg
A well cared for old fella, David!πŸ˜‰
We have been in Lockdown for some time now, hoping to break out of Level Three later next week, during Level 4 my father passed away, he couldn't complain reaching 95 years old, but he and I were like the Mike and the Mechanics Song unfortunately.
I'm sorry to hear about your father, Duncan. Great song, reminder how quick the time goes by, before we can mend those fences. I've finally got a fairly decent relationship with my father finally. He was raised by his father, in a mining town, and was a lot more harsh and quick tempered back then.
Thought I share this info
Thanks for sharing, Dan. I had not heard of them.πŸ‘
Evening Guardians. I wanted to say hi and to wish everyone the best.
Harvey!!
Great to see your post!
Hope it becomes a habit soon!
And a nice photo as well!πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘
My pal with the tool-stall has almost recovered from Covid, but won't be at the market today, which is just as well, as the weather is rotten. It seems a bit strange not being down there myself, but I have plenty to do, not least moving that other bookcase :eek: I hope the rain stops at some point, as I need to go out to buy some groceries :rolleyes:
Glad to hear that your mate is doing better, Jack! πŸ™‚πŸ‘
I thought I'd have a Double Lambsfoot Day, and carry two of my favourite staggies :) Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

2d4Yj1Z.jpg
A very dynamic duo, Jack! Hope you had a great day today!
A dye job. Maybe, maybe not. I will know more tomorrow after i see how this goes. 🀯 :rolleyes::) .

Bu2GwVX.jpg
Look forward to how it comes out, Leon!πŸ€“πŸ‘
View attachment 1650568
Hope your interview went well today!
Love the covers on your Lambsfoot, hopefully it helped you out!
Nice Lambsfoot, Snoopy!πŸ‘
Just planning winter stuff using a book that was a very generous gift off Jack last summer. It's a 1949 guide to all things historic in the UK.
Kvzvg3q.jpg
Very cool, David! Maybe we'll get some more tag along photos of your adventures again!πŸ˜‰πŸ‘
Got this in the sky rocket this week.

8pYus22.jpg
Always handy to have a good knife on your belt!πŸ™‚πŸ‘

More Betty today...
5GVWOJr.jpg

Back