Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

85E13674-ED8E-459D-94B0-45E60BCEB710.jpeg
That's a classic beauty, Harvey. 🤠 :thumbsup:

My lambsfoot for this week (starting on Monday) is Valley Jack, my 2019 desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot. Here it is Thursday, and I still haven't posted a photo of it in this thread! o_O Let me rectify that right now.

Valley Jack circa its arrival in February 2019, on the tin in which it arrived:
IJ.mark.closed.on.tin.LR.jpg

Valley Jack in the back yard, June 2019:
VJ.pile.Vopen.backyard.jpg

Valley Jack with shirt and "pants" in March 2020:
VJ.mark.Vflat.slip.lambcuts.shirt.jpg

Valley Jack on a tree in Wilcox Park in April 2020:
VJ.pile.Vback.wilcoxtree.jpg

- GT

I think that Hartshead looks better every time I see it Jack 😱
Many thanks Duncan :) :thumbsup:
Some nice photos of your HHB, Jack.:thumbsup: Sounds like you weather is taking a turn for the better but you had better not fall asleep or you will miss it. LOL😆

Good morning Guardians. Our rain storms have moved on but it is still very cool here. Going out for a round of golf this morning - bundle up.
View attachment 1698338
Thank you Bill, very true! :D That's a nice clean pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) Enjoy your morning :) :thumbsup:
Good Morning Guardians
I was enjoying the outdoors with my pup yesterday evening and remembered to take pictures for this morning.
Thanks for thinking of us, while you were out with your pup John, that's a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:
My lambsfoot for this week (starting on Monday) is Valley Jack, my 2019 desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot. Here it is Thursday, and I still haven't posted a photo of it in this thread! o_O Let me rectify that right now.

View attachment 1698367

View attachment 1698368

View attachment 1698370

View attachment 1698369

- GT
Those are fabulous photos Gary :) :thumbsup:

I hope everyone is having a good day :) In the 40's here today, about as warm as it's been for a while :rolleyes: Not much sun, but no rain at least :) :thumbsup:

Xtdjovi.jpg

nZ3AeW4.jpg

What sort of delicious looking cake is that.??? :p:p:p
Thank you. It’s a gifted chocolate filled Bundt Cake from “Nothing bundt Cakes.” Taste as good as it looks.

What a beauty Harvey! 😀 :thumbsup:
Thank you kindly, Duncan.
Thank you very much Harvey, I hope you're keeping well my friend :) What an absolutely stunning Rodgers, such great vintage character :cool: Fantastic photo :D :thumbsup:
Thank you my friend. Doing well.
Very nice!
That's a classic beauty, Harvey. 🤠 :thumbsup:
Thank you John.
Good Morning Guardians
I was enjoying the outdoors with my pup yesterday evening and remembered to take pictures for this morning.
All that beautiful wood.

View attachment 1698367

View attachment 1698368

View attachment 1698370

View attachment 1698369

- GT
Beatiful Valley Jack portraits, GT.

Jack Black Jack Black Jack, wishing you a belated BF anniversary!! It looks like you recently completed your 16th year on The Porch! Thanks for ALL your contributions! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup: 🤓
View attachment 1697243

- GT

Fantastic pic, GT! :thumbsup:

83TwHRs.jpg

My mother's father made these cardboard Santas. I'm going to try to repair them a bit this year. Decades of cellotape have done a little damage. Also, one of them is painted on one side only, for whatever reason if any. My painting can't be worse than no painting.

What a great keepsake to have. When I was a kid, we had a big Santa, as well as a sleigh and reindeer, that my grandpa (my mom’s dad) had cut out of plywood and my mom had painted. They were always out on the lawn around Christmas, lit with spotlights. I’m not sure what ever happened to them. My mom might still have them, but if she does, she hasn’t put them out in years.

I picked up a lot of leaves the day before Thanksgiving and, after I had filled the yard waste cart that the city empties weekly, put the leaves into huge plastic bags that I put in the garage. I can now dump the contents of the bags into the cart whenever the cart gets emptied (until the yard waste pick-ups end their "season" (probably around Christmas), and then resume putting out any remaining leaves next spring when the city pick-up starts again (in April, I think)). Still have a lot of leaves to dig out of the flower gardens, the old dog kennel, and the bushes along the alley.

Looks like a sizzling hot quartet you've put together there, Barrett! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

I had to finish up my leaf cleanup in a rush last week, before the weather turned cold and we finally got some snow. We had some nice cold Monday or Tuesday, I think the high both days was around 7° F. Monday was very windy as well, and instead of leaves I ended up picking up the contents of our recycling bin out of the yard after it blew over. 😡

I must say, I’m envious of your yard waste pickup. I usually have to haul 3 or 4 truckloads of bagged leaves to our town’s drop off site every year. (I didn’t haul that much this year; in my rush to finish, I dumped a bunch of leaves in the woods behind the house.)

Your comments about languages ring true with me, Jack. I studied Latin in high school for 3 years and German in college for 2 years, and 50+ years later, after using neither very often, my vocabulary has shrunken dramatically, and my grammar is almost nonexistent. :(

Same here, GT. I studied German from 9th grade to 12th grade, plus 3 or 4 semesters in college, and it’s sad how little I remember.

Good-looking photo of your boots and lambsfoot, Barrett!
:thumbsup:

Does paracord make a more durable bootlace than the laces at the shoe store?

Thanks! Paracord holds up pretty well; I think the paracord “laces” I just replaced lasted about 4 years. Honestly, I think I started using it because I was having a hard time finding red round boot laces, and I happened to have red paracord on hand.

Thank you my friend. Doing well.
I'm glad to hear it Harvey, that's a fine-looking cake my friend :) :thumbsup:
Morning Guardians.

JB Special, retired.

Great pics, it's nice to see that one again :) :thumbsup:
Same here, GT. I studied German from 9th grade to 12th grade, plus 3 or 4 semesters in college, and it’s sad how little I remember.
I never did German at school, and when my girlfriend first suggested going on holiday to Austria a dozen years ago, that made me reluctant. She persuades me by telling me she did German at school. Turned out she knew less than I do, as it's surprising how much you pick up just from watching movies, enough to get by...."Schnell! Hande hoch!!!!!" 😬😮🙄😏 😃 :thumbsup:

My lambsfoot for this week (starting on Monday) is Valley Jack, my 2019 desert ironwood Guardians lambsfoot.
WOW, you scored a beauty there. That wood is mind blowing.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:😍
Thanks! Paracord holds up pretty well; I think the paracord “laces” I just replaced lasted about 4 years. Honestly, I think I started using it because I was having a hard time finding red round boot laces, and I happened to have red paracord on hand.
I had to replace the laces on my boots, but could not find any, or they were to expensive. Found some online by the metre, cheap as chips compared to buying already made from a store. Burned and melted the ends as per your instructions, worked out beautifully. And i now have enough paracord to last me a lifetime, all for about 3 Dollars US. Life's Good. :):):)😍

Back