Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Lambsfoot content is great and all, but how long has it been since we’ve had new condiment content?! 😉😁

I’ve mentioned Momofuku’s Chili Crunch here before — really good stuff. Well they make an Extra Spicy version now, and of course I’ve got to try that, so I added a jar to my order of the regular stuff, along with some other goodies.

wliyoUC.jpg

Wow! My girlfriend was excited about seeing a sparrowhawk last week, but it was stationary when she saw it :thumbsup:
Yip this one swooped in, grabbed a sparrow, slammed it into the ground then sat there pecking at it for about 5 minutes. I didn't have my camera to hand though.

Do you know, I've never been up from Glossop David, mostly I've ascended from Edale (various routes), or from the Snake, and also from Hayfield. That's glorious weather my friend :thumbsup:
Yeah, I've usually done Edale and occasionally out of New Mills, but glossop is cheaper for train fare.

Cheers mate, that looks like a good drop :) :thumbsup:
It's a special edition one celebrating 10 years of Wincle Brewery.

Sunny 60 degrees and clear skies here in Bagdad by the Bay. 😃
View attachment 1727241
Looks great! :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Lambsfoot content is great and all, but how long has it been since we’ve had new condiment content?! 😉😁

I’ve mentioned Momofuku’s Chili Crunch here before — really good stuff. Well they make an Extra Spicy version now, and of course I’ve got to try that, so I added a jar to my order of the regular stuff, along with some other goodies.

wliyoUC.jpg
LOL! :D Wow, nice package of spicy goodness Barrett, and a great pic of your 2018 Ebony Guardians SFO too :cool: :) :thumbsup:
Yip this one swooped in, grabbed a sparrow, slammed it into the ground then sat there pecking at it for about 5 minutes. I didn't have my camera to hand though.
Isn't that always the way? :rolleyes: In my case, I'm usually just too SLOW! :D
Yeah, I've usually done Edale and occasionally out of New Mills, but glossop is cheaper for train fare.
Fare point ;) :thumbsup:
It's a special edition one celebrating 10 years of Wincle Brewery.
Nice :cool: :thumbsup:
My black and white picture. Football and relaxing!
4v68hUJ.jpg
Great pic Taylor :cool: :) :thumbsup:

I've noticed that the site works very well, early in the morning (central usa time) and gets slower and laggier as the day goes. I would think that means it has something to do with higher demand as the site gets busier, but I don't claim to understand computers.
My experience with BF recently is much like Rachel describes. Most of my time here occurs between 4am and 9am EST, and I really don't have too many problems. I'll also usually spend some time here around 7pm or 8pm, and I've had some slow page loads and some CloudFlare errors. I've found that I can often get better response if I immediately abort (click the little "X" at the end of the web address box at the top of my browser page) a page load request as soon as it seems to be taking longer than usual, and then try loading the page again right away. It's sort of like I get stuck in the BF doorway with one (or a hundred) other users trying to go thru at exactly the same time, but if I "courteously" back out and say, "After you!", before diving toward the door again, there's time for the congestion to clear. I'm sure there are all kinds of technical problems with that analogy, but it's helped me maintain my sanity and avoid getting too frustrated by unexpected software behavior.
(I've also been getting the posts that remain in the posting window even after I post them, and thought I might be doing something wrong, but now I think it's BF. I also started getting ads this afternoon, threw up my hands, and cried, "Now what??" I eventually realized my membership had expired. o_O 😁 )

Lovely photo, GT. 🤠:thumbsup:
It's nice when Mother Nature provides the inspiration.
Thanks, John. :) I have very few winter shots in my photo folders.

Thank you kindly Gary :) Yes, magpies are common here, I sometimes have half a dozen sat on my fence, but that one was a long way off. I was watching blue tits, robins, and goldfinches in the tree in my garden yesterday afternoon, and a Red Kite in the sky :)
They are cheeky enough to use the front gate! :D
Thank you :) Like yourself, I walk a lot, and it's surprising what you see :D That's hilarious, I used to enjoy working with kids :cool: :D :thumbsup:

Incredible isn't it? It's quite a specific shape. I continue to be amazed by the Lambsfoot :cool: :thumbsup:

🤣 :thumbsup:

That's another cracker Gary :) :thumbsup:
Thanks for the comments, Jack; the magpie using the front gate cracked me up! 😁
Cracker Jack appreciates your compliment, too! :)

You’re Crocus/Cracker Jack is just as sweet, GT.

Good Morning Guardians
Thanks for your support of my photo efforts, Harvey. :)
Your IXL pic reminds me of strawberry preserves fresh from the freezer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

Nice photo, nice knife and nice stag.;)
I'm grateful for your kind words, José. :)

This afternoon.
ZwYK6jE.jpg
The Eye of Sauron looks superb, David, and among a variety of stouts I got as Christmas gifts recently, the Russian Imperials are my favorites, I think (although many of them are a little "higher octane" than I prefer 🤓 ).:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sunny 60 degrees and clear skies here in Bagdad by the Bay. 😃
View attachment 1727241
Interesting pic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What's the domed hill in the center background?

wliyoUC.jpg
Looks tasty, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
For lunch today, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with extra sharp cheddar. But I also included some thin slices of summer sausage, chopped onions, dill pickle slices, spicy brown mustard, and something called Penzey's Raspberry Enlightenment that I discovered in the door of the refrigerator while hunting for the mustard. Seemed like a worthy addition. 🤓

I think I have a B&W photo or two of at least one lambsfoot that I'll include here if I can find it:
VJ.mark.Vopen.limb.noir.jpg

- GT

For lunch today, I made a grilled cheese sandwich with extra sharp cheddar. But I also included some thin slices of summer sausage, chopped onions, dill pickle slices, spicy brown mustard, and something called Penzey's Raspberry Enlightenment that I discovered in the door of the refrigerator while hunting for the mustard. Seemed like a worthy addition. 🤓

I think I have a B&W photo or two of at least one lambsfoot that I'll include here if I can find it:
View attachment 1727293

- GT
That sounds like one heck of a sandwich my friend :) That's a nice pic of your 2019 :) :thumbsup:

That sounds like one heck of a sandwich my friend :) That's a nice pic of your 2019 :) :thumbsup:
Thanks, Jack. :) The sandwich was very tasty, and it's my version of the Sunday sausage sammiches some of you guys often show off. I cut the summer sausage and the cheese quite thinly, so there's not a lot of "height" to it. I took a pic of it today, and decided to "open" the sandwich to show its contents because it was too thin to see much between the two slices of bread. I haven't "processed" the photos yet, so I didn't post any of them here, and they are probably questionable for the Guardians thread anyway because the knife in my photo is a Case copperhead with a "lambscliffe" main blade. I certainly think of that blade as a lambsfoot with its obvious distal taper (and it allows me to claim that the copperhead is a lambsfoot big'un with a secondary blade 🤓 ), but I'm not sure of the Case lambscliffe's official status in this thread.

- GT

Last edited:
Thanks, Jack. :) The sandwich was very tasty, and it's my version of the Sunday sausage sammiches some of you guys often show off. I cut the summer sausage and the cheese quite thinly, so there's not a lot of "height" to it. I took a pic of it today, and decided to "open" the sandwich to show its contents because it was too thin to see much between the two slices of bread. I haven't "processed" the photos yet, so I didn't post any of them here, and they are probably questionable for the Guardians thread anyway because the knife in my photo is a Case copperhead with a "lambscliffe" main blade. I certainly think of that blade as a lambsfoot with its obvious distillery taper (and it allows me to claim that the copperhead is a lambsfoot big'un with a secondary blade 🤓 ), but I'm not sure of the Case lambscliffe's official status in this thread.

- GT

It sounds delicious Gary, but while the Case Copperhead blade is interesting, I'm afraid it isn't a Lambsfoot :( Sorry :thumbsup:

There's an old Yorkshire expression I thought you might appreciate, by way of consolation ;) "You know what thought did? It followed a muck cart, and thought it were a wedding!" Not saying it makes any sense! 😁👍

Last edited:
Monday morning breakfast. A cardiologists dream, protein heaven, " Sirloin steak, Bacon, Egg and a Hash Brown for a bit of Carb ". Just washed down with a cup of tea. Have a good week.:)

uBcBZN8.jpg

What a great start to the week! 🙂 Have a good one Leon 👍

My experience with BF recently is much like Rachel describes. Most of my time here occurs between 4am and 9am EST, and I really don't have too many problems. I'll also usually spend some time here around 7pm or 8pm, and I've had some slow page loads and some CloudFlare errors. I've found that I can often get better response if I immediately abort (click the little "X" at the end of the web address box at the top of my browser page) a page load request as soon as it seems to be taking longer than usual, and then try loading the page again right away. It's sort of like I get stuck in the BF doorway with one (or a hundred) other users trying to go thru at exactly the same time, but if I "courteously" back out and say, "After you!", before diving toward the door again, there's time for the congestion to clear. I'm sure there are all kinds of technical problems with that analogy, but it's helped me maintain my sanity and avoid getting too frustrated by unexpected software behavior.
(I've also been getting the posts that remain in the posting window even after I post them, and thought I might be doing something wrong, but now I think it's BF. I also started getting ads this afternoon, threw up my hands, and cried, "Now what??" I eventually realized my membership had expired. o_O 😁 )

Thanks, John. :) I have very few winter shots in my photo folders.

Thanks for the comments, Jack; the magpie using the front gate cracked me up! 😁
Cracker Jack appreciates your compliment, too! :)

Thanks for your support of my photo efforts, Harvey. :)
Your IXL pic reminds me of strawberry preserves fresh from the freezer! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

I'm grateful for your kind words, José. :)

The Eye of Sauron looks superb, David, and among a variety of stouts I got as Christmas gifts recently, the Russian Imperials are my favorites, I think (although many of them are a little "higher octane" than I prefer 🤓 ).:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Interesting pic! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup: What's the domed hill in the center background?

Looks tasty, Barrett! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

View attachment 1727293

- GT
That is Mt. Davidson. There’s a cross on top that gets lite up once a year on Easter. it also where Inspector Callahan in the movie Dirty Harry stabbed Scorpio in his leg.

Back