Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

S5wXBxL.jpg
Great pic Taylor, sorry for missing it earlier :) I've still never tried that beer, one day! :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I wish we could all start our week like cudgee cudgee :) Just 'Sunday Roast' for me I'm afraid ;) I do enjoy my toast though! :D In Cockney vernacular, it's usually 'Holy Ghost', but I used to get my kids with that one ;) In Yorkshire, we just call it "tooast"! :D

I enjoyed carrying the Yorkshire Rose yesterday, and am grateful for all the kind words - and those great black and white pics :cool: I've got my Hartshead Barlow back in my pocket today though :) Have a good week Guardians :thumbsup:

R6oVt9y.jpg

HHB... Things are back to normal. ;):thumbsup:
Hope your week is off to a good start, Jack.
LOL! Thanks John, all's well so far my friend, I'm just having a cherry scone with my afternoon cuppa, and pondering whether or not I should invest in a Stormy Kromer Mackinaw Coat ;) :D Hope yours gets off to a good start :) :thumbsup:

8QRAoWy.jpg

This thread and all the knives you gents are posting have had a pretty strong pull on me for some time hence I finally went for it and ordered my first Lambsfoot - or rather two; one as a gift to a good friend and one for myself.
My first impression is a bit mixed but overall positive - I can definitely see why these knives get so much love and appreciation.
The pull on both knives is strong and the F&F is fairly good - could easily have been worse, judging from some post I've read here.
My biggest griefs are that one blade sits quite low when closed whereas the other has a slightly proud tip (the latter is an easy fix though). On both knives the scales are light in color on the mark side but much darker on the reverse, like milk chocolate vs. dark chocolate. Finally, they are sold as A. Wright and Son but the stamp on the tang reads "Sheffield, Handmade, England". Honestly, I would have preferred the A. Wright & Son stamp. For all I know Benny Hill or Prince Harry could have made these knives..
I'm still pleased and can't wait to put mine to use and hand over the other to my friend. Thank you all for pulling me in this direction!
271965891_654524235744237_6908603708244137654_n (2).jpg
I might post a few more detailed photos later. For now I hope you will enjoy the one above (I thought it would be fun to somehow have my woolen lopapeysa included :)).

Good Morning Guardians and Happy Monday
After a very enjoyable weekend of watching football, it's back to work we go. 🙃
The weather here has been very Spring-like... Warm days and cool nights... Great for being outside.
I'm afraid that the blade on my Usual Lamb is past the point of polishing up... it's getting nicely pitted.

This thread and all the knives you gents are posting have had a pretty strong pull on me for some time hence I finally went for it and ordered my first Lambsfoot - or rather two; one as a gift to a good friend and one for myself.
My first impression is a bit mixed but overall positive - I can definitely see why these knives get so much love and appreciation.
The pull on both knives is strong and the F&F is fairly good - could easily have been worse, judging from some post I've read here.
My biggest griefs are that one blade sits quite low when closed whereas the other has a slightly proud tip (the latter is an easy fix though). On both knives the scales are light in color on the mark side but much darker on the reverse, like milk chocolate vs. dark chocolate. Finally, they are sold as A. Wright and Son but the stamp on the tang reads "Sheffield, Handmade, England". Honestly, I would have preferred the A. Wright & Son stamp. For all I know Benny Hill or Prince Harry could have made these knives..
I'm still pleased and can't wait to put mine to use and hand over the other to my friend. Thank you all for pulling me in this direction!
View attachment 1727662
I might post a few more detailed photos later. For now I hope you will enjoy the one above (I thought it would be fun to somehow have my woolen lopapeysa included :)).
Welcome to the Guardians! 🥳 :) :thumbsup: Sadly, with the Sheffield cutlery industry on its backside, 2022 is not a great time to acquire a new Lambsfoot knife. Many, most I'd say, of the knives posted here are not recently produced. Apart from the wonderful vintage models, most of those with the A. Wright stamp are SFOs, not standard designs, or at least they were produced when QC at the firm was better (a fairly brief period I'm afraid). Your knives are probably as good as one might expect these days, sadly. Despite their flaws though, I hope that with a little work, you will come to like the pattern, and that you may yet find one that shines :) It's nice to have you here, and if you've not already done so, please read post #1 in this thread :) :thumbsup:
The weather here has been very Spring-like... Warm days and cool nights... Great for being outside.
Judging from the conversation in the Lounge, it sounds like all you sports fans have had a great weekend John :) Great news about the weather, it certainly helps to put a spring in your step :) Your African Rosewood Lambsfoot is looking good as ever my friend, nice pic :) :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians, I hope everyone had a great weekend. I wish we could all start our week like cudgee cudgee :) Just 'Sunday Roast' for me I'm afraid ;) I do enjoy my toast though! :D In Cockney vernacular, it's usually 'Holy Ghost', but I used to get my kids with that one ;) In Yorkshire, we just call it "tooast"! :D

I enjoyed carrying the Yorkshire Rose yesterday, and am grateful for all the kind words - and those great black and white pics :cool: I've got my Hartshead Barlow back in my pocket today though :) Have a good week Guardians :thumbsup:

R6oVt9y.jpg

LOL! Thanks John, all's well so far my friend, I'm just having a cherry scone with my afternoon cuppa, and pondering whether or not I should invest in a Stormy Kromer Mackinaw Coat ;) :D Hope yours gets off to a good start :) :thumbsup:

8QRAoWy.jpg
Yep, things are back to normal, color pictures, the HHB, and my stomach growling when I’m in this thread! 🤣
I'm afraid that the blade on my Usual Lamb is past the point of polishing up... it's getting nicely pitted.
Loving the look of the blade and that spring time picture. 😊

My Lambsfoot helped me prepare breakfast this morning... Sausage, potatoes, eggs, and peppers.

Mmmm...Looks delicious John :) :thumbsup:

I'm off to see a movie with a pal later, so I'm just filling my hip-flask ;) The whiskey was a Christmas gift from another pal in 2020. He doesn't know much about whiskey :D ;) :thumbsup:

eYLWh5A.jpg

The film is called Belfast, so I should probably have filled my flask with Irish really ;) Hopefully, the film will be better than the last one my mate dragged me along to see :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Mmmm...Looks delicious John :) :thumbsup:

I'm off to see a movie with a pal later, so I'm just filling my hip-flask ;) The whiskey was a Christmas gift from another pal in 2020. He doesn't know much about whiskey :D ;) :thumbsup:

eYLWh5A.jpg

The film is called Belfast, so I should probably have filled my flask with Irish really ;) Hopefully, the film will be better than the last one my mate dragged me along to see :eek: :D :thumbsup:

I liked the trailer and I’m hoping for a film review in near future. 😃👍

Good morning Guardians. Snow still on the ground here, which is unusual as it usually melts the next day. No matter, got this worker with me today.

gLfOlYx.jpg
It's made for a great photo anyway Jeremy :) Nice Lambsfoot :thumbsup:
I liked the trailer and I’m hoping for a film review in near future. 😃👍
I thought it looked good too :) I'll do my best! :D :thumbsup:

It's made for a great photo anyway Jeremy :) Nice Lambsfoot :thumbsup:

I thought it looked good too :) I'll do my best! :D :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack. Most of the ground that sees sun should have the snow melted away by end of day. The shady areas...well you know about them "shady" areas.

Back