Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Last edited:
That's a mighty fine pic - GT :thumbsup: I finally received my Guardian Ebony yesterday. I was losing hope, as it was shipped May 21st.
Now all I need to do is start taking a few pics.
View attachment 941722
A lazy summer afternoon. This is an ebony that just arrived, as you may or may not see, the mark side is more of a dark brown, with a light streak. The pile side which is a nice black is more like what I had expected on both sides. View attachment 941534
Thanks for the compliment on my photo, dc50 dc50 . :)
Congrats on the arrival, at long last, of some of your lambsfoot knives! :thumbsup::cool::cool:
I think the ebony knife pictured with the red ale is very handsome! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I can tell from the bolster that it's not the 2018 Guardians ebony; is it also from A. Wright & Son?
Fabulous photo of your Guardians ebony lambsfoot protecting the flock from a lupine threat!! ;):cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Smashing pic GT :) :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for the video GT :) The first time I saw the courtship ritual of the Great-Crested Grebe I thought I was hallucinating! :D :thumbsup:

Excellent pic my friend, really shows the ebony off well :thumbsup:
I was out hiking yesterday, and aching a bit today! :D Here's a pic of my ebony 18 taken from the high point of the walk :thumbsup:

View attachment 940957
I appreciate your kind words about last week's photos of my Black Jack, Jack. :)
For more mating follies, watch the mating dance of sandhill cranes!! It's incredible that some of these creatures (including humans? :rolleyes:) actually manage to produce offspring! :eek::D
Two striking pics of your ebony Guardians knife; I especially like the second (and any of your clever pics of lambsfoot knives with ovine backgrounds)! :cool::cool::thumbsup: The first photo with its marvelous vista raises a question, though. Are you free to wander the entire landscape we see in the photo, or do we see mostly privately-owned land and your hiking is restricted to public "highways and byways"?

Mornin' Guardians !
29398491138_167ff3ee1d_h.jpg
Your 2018 Ebony is a handsome devil, FBC! :thumbsup::thumbsup:;) My surroundings are getting quite dry lately; do you have a similar problem and the 2 sticks in your pic are actually a dousing rod?? :rolleyes:

... I’ve been to Sumatra and Costa Rica this morning with a stop over in Sheffield! ;) Hope all you Guardians have a great week! :D

28620014238_bc9a2249a1_b_d.jpg
Wow, you're doing a LOT of traveling in your retirement, Ron!! :eek::thumbsup:;) Grand white stag!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Just having a beer 'n' a burger :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 941938
Shouldn't you be using this on your burger, Jack?? :confused:;)
MraGevy.jpg

I had a good meet with the Huddersfield Contingent, trip round the flea-market, tea, followed by a few pints and a tasty lunch :) I forgot to take pics, but lunch looked almost exactly like this ;) :D :thumbsup:

View attachment 942538
I'm willing to wager that I see potatoes and peas there, but I wouldn't bet large sums on my ability to identify the other components of that meal! :confused:o_O Glad you had a good trip! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

I see one right on top! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Been carrying my Ebony a lot lately. Such a wonderful and useful blade. Hope everyone is having a great day.

View attachment 943343
That 2-tone ebony is very distinctive and appealing!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Another pic of my Lam Jack, the 2018 horn Guardians lambsfoot:
LJ.mark.V.wisteria.jpg

- GT

Hey Folks,
My first submission to this thread comes in the form of an amazing act of generosity from a forum friend (thank you so much HST).
I was the proud recipient of this fine gift earlier this week. This is my first A Wright & Son Sheffield knife. My first Lambsfoot although I have been a big fan of the Sheepsfoot for a long time. This is a great knife. Even better is that it came from a friend.
This place is great!!
Burnt Stag
S7KNilO.jpg

fPRjvnc.jpg

BPi4GHS.jpg

Hey Folks,
My first submission to this thread comes in the form of an amazing act of generosity from a forum friend (thank you so much HST).
I was the proud recipient of this fine gift earlier this week. This is my first A Wright & Son Sheffield knife. My first Lambsfoot although I have been a big fan of the Sheepsfoot for a long time. This is a great knife. Even better is that it came from a friend.
This place is great!!
Burnt Stag
S7KNilO.jpg

fPRjvnc.jpg

BPi4GHS.jpg
Welcome to the Guardians, Burnt Stag! that's a mighty fine looking lambsfoot. After you carry this lambsfoot for awhile, most likely you will want another for back up. :p:thumbsup:

Welcome to the Guardians, Burnt Stag! that's a mighty fine looking lambsfoot. After you carry this lambsfoot for awhile, most likely you will want another for back up. :p:thumbsup:
Thank you.
They do grow on you quickly. I think I will try this one out on a nice steak off the grill this evening.

Back