Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Good mornin, Guardians. Due to Easter we have no training overnight so I get to work the day shift this week!! Love working this beautiful country during the day. Woke up today in a thankful mood. Donโ€™t know why. Maybe itโ€™s the coffee ๐Ÿ˜. Thank you everyone for the friendship these past couple of years.

Speaking of coffee. Got a new Stanley. I usually carry the 1 liter and just use the cap for a cup. This little 20oz job is very nice. The way the cap is designed makes it perfect. Might spring for the larger one.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the day. Hope all our oversees Guardians had a great day. Glenn Giraffe ๐Ÿฆ’ lamb in the pocket today.

A8IrlCg.jpeg
138OCvF.jpeg

Beautiful post and Lamb buddy, enjoy your reprieve from nights !

Happy Thursday everyone.

Oops !

Good mornin, Guardians. Due to Easter we have no training overnight so I get to work the day shift this week!! Love working this beautiful country during the day. Woke up today in a thankful mood. Donโ€™t know why. Maybe itโ€™s the coffee ๐Ÿ˜. Thank you everyone for the friendship these past couple of years.

Speaking of coffee. Got a new Stanley. I usually carry the 1 liter and just use the cap for a cup. This little 20oz job is very nice. The way the cap is designed makes it perfect. Might spring for the larger one.

Hope everyone is having a good start to the day. Hope all our oversees Guardians had a great day. Glenn Giraffe ๐Ÿฆ’ lamb in the pocket today.

A8IrlCg.jpeg
138OCvF.jpeg
Beautiful shot Paul, enjoy the day shifts.
๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening.
Don't worry Rick, this thread runs on Yorkshire Time! ๐Ÿคฃ ;):thumbsup:
That's amazing, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

A8IrlCg.jpeg
138OCvF.jpeg
That's great news buddy, good for you, it's great having you here :) Congratulations on the new Stanley :) That's beautiful country, wonderful pics of your Giraffe Lamb :cool: :thumbsup:
Entertainment is worth more in my opinion. Canโ€™t wait to head to stomp the streets with you one of these years.

Every time I hold this knife I feel blessed, Jack.

That is a fine Albers, Rick. I saw an example of that micarta on @Fixall site. Wonder if Brian provided the material ๐Ÿค”.
I'm looking forward to that my friend :) I'm glad that Barlow went to such a good home :) :thumbsup:
Yes. The material came from Brian. Thanks
Wow, that makes it extra special in my book :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Happy Thursday everyone.
I hope postimage isn't going to go the same way as so many of the other image hosting sites! :eek: :(
Good morning Guardians !

Going with this old Taylor today ๐Ÿ‘

Beautiful bolster and bone Steve, that was somebody's treasured companion for sure :thumbsup:

I did find a few things at the market today after all, so thanks for blessing me Steve :) They included another tripod to go with the others I don't use, and a bag of folders in poor condition, which I bought as a job-lot from Boring Ray. The reason I bought them was this old A. Wright Lamb, which has some side to side play unfortunately. None of the knives had been looked after, and some of them were very heavily worn, but they were all sharp. It turned out they had belonged to the father of one of Tool Man's occasional customers, Norm. Norm is a pleasant, friendly, down to earth feller, but he's a gamekeeper, and I suspect he's tougher than he looks. His dad was a gamekeeper before him, and Norm once told us how, as a little lad, he came in to find his father's walking stick, broken on the floor. When he told his mother, she explained that Dad had caught a poacher! :eek:

I hope everyone has had a good day. It was raining when I went down to the market, and was raining when I returned, but in between, it was better than any of us had expected, and while cold, there was at least some sunshine. I discreetly snapped a couple of pics of Tool Man setting up his stall :D

The good-natured fat lump has continued to excel himself in gluttony. On top of his breakfast, his breakfast sandwich, some mushroom bhajis and samosas with raita, half a 'school slab', half a loaf of parkin (ginger cake), half a sticky toffee loaf, and 2 pork pies, he ate a sandwich made from an entire loaf of bread, filled with corned beef! That was the tally by the time I left at 1.30pm, with another 3 hours to go! :eek:

I had to have a word with Musical Andy, who continues to expect me to look after his stall (twice today), but did buy him a cup of coffee. If he moved his stall closer to Tool Man's, had a reciprocal agreement with one of the other stall-holders, (like everyone else does), or made a friend, he wouldn't have a problem, but his sense of timing is always bad. Captain Birdseye was just telling me some bad news when he interrupted me for the second time :rolleyes: Actually, since he makes more money than anyone else down there, he could even hire someone! :eek:

My Pals Lambsfoot did the honours cutting the first loaf of Parkin :) :thumbsup:

A bonus was that Mrs Tool Man, The Lovely Lorraine, stopped by, together with her mother and sister, who I have met briefly before. She quickly stripped Tool Man of any superfluous cash, before going off shopping! :D It is her birthday soon, April Fool's Day :D I'm saying nothing! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I hope postimage isn't going to go the same way as so many of the other image hosting sites! :eek: :(

Beautiful bolster and bone Steve, that was somebody's treasured companion for sure :thumbsup:

I did find a few things at the market today after all, so thanks for blessing me Steve :) They included another tripod to go with the others I don't use, and a bag of folders in poor condition, which I bought as a job-lot from Boring Ray. The reason I bought them was this old A. Wright Lamb, which has some side to side play unfortunately. None of the knives had been looked after, and some of them were very heavily worn, but they were all sharp. It turned out they had belonged to the father of one of Tool Man's occasional customers, Norm. Norm is a pleasant, friendly, down to earth feller, but he's a gamekeeper, and I suspect he's tougher than he looks. His dad was a gamekeeper before him, and Norm once told us how, as a little lad, he came in to find his father's walking stick, broken on the floor. When he told his mother, she explained that Dad had caught a poacher! :eek:

I hope everyone has had a good day. It was raining when I went down to the market, and was raining when I returned, but in between, it was better than any of us had expected, and while cold, there was at least some sunshine. I discreetly snapped a couple of pics of Tool Man setting up his stall :D

The good-natured fat lump has continued to excel himself in gluttony. On top of his breakfast, his breakfast sandwich, some mushroom bhajis and samosas with raita, half a 'school slab', half a loaf of parkin (ginger cake), half a sticky toffee loaf, and 2 pork pies, he ate a sandwich made from an entire loaf of bread, filled with corned beef! That was the tally by the time I left at 1.30pm, with another 3 hours to go! :eek:

I had to have a word with Musical Andy, who continues to expect me to look after his stall (twice today), but did buy him a cup of coffee. If he moved his stall closer to Tool Man's, had a reciprocal agreement with one of the other stall-holders, (like everyone else does), or made a friend, he wouldn't have a problem, but his sense of timing is always bad. Captain Birdseye was just telling me some bad news when he interrupted me for the second time :rolleyes: Actually, since he makes more money than anyone else down there, he could even hire someone! :eek:

My Pals Lambsfoot did the honours cutting the first loaf of Parkin :) :thumbsup:

A bonus was that Mrs Tool Man, The Lovely Lorraine, stopped by, together with her mother and sister, who I have met briefly before. She quickly stripped Tool Man of any superfluous cash, before going off shopping! :D It is her birthday soon, April Fool's Day :D I'm saying nothing! ;) :D :thumbsup:
So glad you had a fruitful day Jack, in so many ways.

I don't know why photo disappeared. I went back and reposted, we shall see!@!#

Last edited:
How does he make any money eating all that!!!
She quickly stripped Tool Man of any superfluous cash, before going off shopping!
Ohh I see. Thatโ€™s why he spends his money on food. So he doesnโ€™t have to pay so much in wife tax ๐Ÿ˜. Your pals knife is looking great, Jack.

So glad you had a fruitful day Jack, in so many ways.

I don't know why photo disappeared. I went back and reposted, we shall see!@!#
Thank you my friend :) On the way home, I called in at Charlie's for a coffee, and Hisham and his dad were there. I had left a gun magazine behind the counter for Hisham's dad, and he was very pleased with it. He hunts back in Sicily, and is now thinking of buying an air rifle for when he is in the UK :D Since Barry didn't want his fishing magazine back, I passed that the same way, and I think I have some more reading material for the old chap :D I took the opportunity to show off my Pals Lambsfoot of course ;) :thumbsup:
I can see it - and it's everything I wanted and expected!
That's good :) I'd say it's rather strange, but there have been cases in the past where some members can't see images, while others can :rolleyes: It's all part of the mystery of BF! ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
How does he make any money eating all that!!!

Ohh I see. Thatโ€™s why he spends his money on food. So he doesnโ€™t have to pay so much in wife tax ๐Ÿ˜. Your pals knife is looking great, Jack.
LOL! :D Thanks mate :) I suspect Tool Man's food bill is sometimes bigger than his profits, but he doesn't always actually pay for much! :rolleyes: :D He did buy the School Slab this week, for once, but I bought the parkin, Old Brian bought the sticky toffee cake, Ray bought the pork pies, and Martin bought the bhajis and samosas! :D

Happy Thursday everyone.

There it is, sweet Barlow Bob !

:(

Thanks Jack !

Glad the weather cooperated for once ! Nice shot of your Pal Lamb ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘

Back