Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Morning folks :) Raining here again today :( Stag for Saturday :thumbsup:

RLLEUKF.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

Jacks, pick-up-sticks, it's funny how simple games could be. Speaking of which, a friend stopped by last evening to drop off a little Hannukah gift. :D
Everything old is new again.
kr8FZ42.jpg

rpaY4Qp.jpg
Is it "DRY-del" or "DRAY-del"? I've heard both.

The weather around here is showing it’s pile side today. Hope all you Guardians have a great weekend! :D

45375039902_6b4bceec38_b_d.jpg

Yeah, much the same here Ron, though it did briefly stop raining a couple of times :rolleyes: Nice Stag Saturday choice my friend :)

Called in for a coffee in cafe-bar while visiting the nearby town of Harrogate :thumbsup:

o3jDyWW.jpg

Yeah, much the same here Ron, though it did briefly stop raining a couple of times :rolleyes: Nice Stag Saturday choice my friend :)

Called in for a coffee in cafe-bar while visiting the nearby town of Harrogate :thumbsup:

o3jDyWW.jpg
Thanks Jack! Stay dry my friend! There’s almost nothing better than a hot cup of strong black coffee and a fine pocket knife to keep company with on a cold rainy day. I emphasize the “Almost” as I give Pam a wink and a hug! :D

Thanks Jack! Stay dry my friend! There’s almost nothing better than a hot cup of strong black coffee and a fine pocket knife to keep company with on a cold rainy day. I emphasize the “Almost” as I give Pam a wink and a hug! :D

LOL! Thanks pal :D Hope you and all our other Guardians are having a great weekend :) Bit brighter outside today, but think I'm going to be stuck indoors :( Have a lovely Sunday folks :thumbsup:

DrgkyDz.jpg

Morning Dave, lovely pic :) Does the pattern of tartan have significance for you? :thumbsup:
Morning Jack, It is similar to my Mothers side of the family, our tartan is made up of greens and blue. I should post it on Robbie Burns night.:thumbsup::D

Morning Jack, It is similar to my Mothers side of the family, our tartan is made up of greens and blue. I should post it on Robbie Burns night.:thumbsup::D

Cool Dave, do you know what it is called? :cool: :thumbsup:

I still haven't found Dad's tin of clay marbles. They're bound to be in a box in the garage. Can't find my book on marble games either, which must be on a shelf in the basement. I haven't had the books sorted by subject for a couple of moves.
I took this picture to make up for the one where you could barely see the lambsfoot in front of the Bud clock.
vzMMJMD.jpg

Then I dropped the knife and it started acting deuced peculiarly. First it closed on the middle of the liner, but maybe I pushed it over closing it with one hand, because it didn't do that again. Then it got very hard and gritty to open and close, and I could see some tiny bits of steel under the tang.
So I worked it with dish detergent and ran it under water a few times and PB Blasted it,then gun-oiled it. It seems fine now.
HoYmMEW.jpg

Last edited:
I never thought we would get this far, but I see this thread is steadfastly moving towards 500 pages, (happily coinciding with the festive season), and I have been thinking about celebrating the impending milestone with a giveaway for everyone who has helped us to get here :) I was looking for something a few days ago, and came across one of the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knives in ebony, so I thought it would make an appropriate prize :) So, here's how it works, if you want to enter, just make a post indicating you're in, and guess the date (Yorkshire time! ;) ) when we'll reach 500 pages. It's open to anyone who has made a post in this thread before today. If you get the date right, I'll put your name, together with the other posters who guessed the same date, and randomly select a winner. The prize is the ebony '18 below. If you are a Guardian who already has one of those knives, you can, if you wish, opt instead to have one of the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot knives (which I'll obviously stump up for! :D). Apart from having previously posted in this thread, the only condition is that you agree to carry and use the knife, and post some pics. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping this thread going. Please post as normal, but as we approach 500 posts, I don't expect to see any active shenanigans! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Edit - Cut off point for entries will be at page 490 :thumbsup:

D7QgHvu.jpg

emNhdx9.jpg

Last edited:
I still haven't found Dad's tin of clay marbles. They're bound to be in a box in the garage. Can't find my book on marble games either, which must be on a shelf in the basement. I haven't had the books sorted by subject for a couple of moves.
I took this picture to make up for the one where you could barely see the lambsfoots in front of the Bud clock.
vzMMJMD.jpg

Then I dropped the knife and it started acting deuced peculiarly. First it closed on the middle of the liner, but maybe I pushed it over closing it with one hand, because it didn't do that again. Then it got very hard and gritty to open and close, and I could see some tiny bits of steel under the tang.
So I worked it with dish detergent and ran it under water a few times and PB Blasted it,then gun-oiled it. It seems fine now.
HoYmMEW.jpg

Thanks Jer, glad to hear Rose Beast is well again now :) Hope you're having a good Sunday my friend :thumbsup:

I never thought we would get this far, but I see this thread is steadfastly moving towards 500 pages, (happily coinciding with the festive season), and I have been thinking about celebrating the impending milestone with a giveaway for everyone who has helped us to get here :) I was looking for something a few days ago, and came across one of the 2018 Guardians Lambsfoot knives in ebony, so I thought it would make an appropriate prize :) So, here's how it works, if you want to enter, just make a post indicating you're in, and guess the date (Yorkshire time! ;) ) when we'll reach 500 pages. It's open to anyone who has made a post in this thread before today. If you get the date right, I'll put your name, together with the other posters who guessed the same date, and randomly select a winner. The prize is the ebony '18 below. If you are a Guardian who already has one of those knives, you can, if you wish, opt instead to have one of the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot knives (which I'll obviously stump up for! :D). Apart from having previously posted in this thread, the only condition is that you agree to carry and use the knife, and post some pics. Good luck everyone, and thanks for keeping this thread going. Please post as normal, but as we approach 500 posts, I don't expect to see any active shenanigans! ;) :D :thumbsup:

D7QgHvu.jpg

emNhdx9.jpg
Thank you, Jack, for the opportunity I will only be a bean counter this time. :p I have already received a gift from you of a 2018 Guardian , this past year when we had all that Canada Post delays and poor service. I will see if I can come up with a guess though when I'm running on all 8
cylinders.:D

Last edited:
Back