Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That’s a beautiful knife. It must have been a hoot to collaborate with the maker. Features like the blade finish are part of what makes your Custom, unique. The wood covers are beautiful. Congratulations on a fine one of a kind knife.

Thank you!

That's a nice-looking knife Joshua, but it looks quite different to your drawing, and even more than my Davison, is clearly not a Lambsfoot :thumbsup: Please leave your post in place, but I think feedback on it is going to have to go in another thread, sorry :thumbsup:

Thank you for allowing me to share the results of the build. I'll be posting a separate thread to honor Timothy's fine work and folks can leave feedback there, if they wish. I agree, it isn't a lambsfoot, but that's ok (especially since that ironwood Sheffield is a reality!).

Thank you for allowing me to share the results of the build. I'll be posting a separate thread to honor Timothy's fine work and folks can leave feedback there, if they wish. I agree, it isn't a lambsfoot, but that's ok (especially since that ironwood Sheffield is a reality!).

Thanks Joshua, I'm sure it has interest beyond this thread, and it deserves one of its own :thumbsup:

Hope you're back to dancing 'til dawn with your sweetheart soon Ron ;) :thumbsup:
Thanks Jack! I thought a dose of jet black Ebony might help get me over the top! :thumbsup::D

32826339818_2887f9c33e_b_d.jpg

Did I compare the speed of this thread to an express train?

I’ll need to amend that to a Lambsfoot Space Shuttle knife engaging its hyperdrive engines and launching into warp space!

View attachment 1072950 View attachment 1072949

Have we really clocked up 75 pages since the start of this month?!

Ok, a bit of quick catchup first:

Donn and Jack: I thoroughly enjoyed your conversation about Stanage Edge. Is that where those abandoned millstones were quarried from, Jack? I remember you saying they were gritstone.

@donn : Yes Toyotas are definitely the 4WD of choice here in Australia, mostly Hiluxes, Landcruisers and Troopys. Nissan (Patrols) come a distant second, and anything else is usually seen either as a quirky affectation, or unfit for real off road conditions. Range Rovers and Discoverys are called ‘Toorak Tractors’ after the affluent suburb ‘over the wrong side of the Yarra’ river.

Land Rovers were very common on farms though when I was a kid. Who doesn’t love a 4WD with firing ports thoughtfully provided for both the driver and passenger under the front windscreen?!

GT @5K Qs : no worries about being a reluctant Food Correspondent, my friend, we come here to enjoy ourselves, so I’m sure someone else will pick up the mantle, in time.

But did you just say that, then launch straight into a detailed description of your elaborate and tasty sounding breakfast makins’? LOL! I’m glad to see your OJ seems to be finding its way into your cereal these days, instead of your coffee cup!;)

@Mescladis : I hope your thumb heals quickly. I agree, cuts from really sharp blades seem to knit together much more swiftly than ragged cuts from dull knives. That’s very interesting, what you were saying about the taste of carbon steel blade residue on food. I understand the part of the brain which has to do with scent and taste tends to be heavier (presumably from more neural activity) and more developed in women than it is in men, on average. The only time I can really notice it myself is on red onions.

Barrett btb01 btb01 Here’s the mark side:
fDwFtHz.jpg

The dark burl actually has a beautiful, complex figuring to it, when you look into it.

If the mark side is to be looked ‘into’ to bring out its intricate detail, the pile side jumps straight out at you with its bold striping and lovely tawny gold shimmer.

jbImM4l.jpg

But look at both sides in the sunlight, and wow, that luminous shimmer is incredible!

rOoP69C.jpg

GUcRCnu.jpg

I’ll comment a bit more on the knife itself later on - it’s late here now - but suffice to say I think this is the finest Guardians knife so far.

And I’ve found a place for the tin in my kit already, thanks for that Jack!

g7A5gF0.jpg

Oh, and my knife is just below Donn’s one, and above Prestons.
Super character in that one.

A Rosewood by any other name would not smell as sweet John ;) :thumbsup:
Clever boy.

Seems you're on the fence
I was, but the rosewood won out for Valentines Day :D

No glass breaker?! Guess I’ll have to wait for the next one. :D

Done...

And where’s the combo-edge serrations! Get with it, man!:D;):eek::)

...done...

What about the skull bead Barrett?! :eek:

...and done. :thumbsup:

(If a skull bead is good, then a pirate skull bead is better, right?) :D

Barrett btb01 btb01 : Oh I’m still laughing, my friend, what a great design! While I’m glad to see you’ve included a tasteful radioactive puke green blade stamp, you may have overlooked that your knife would therefore be legally classified as a Zombie-Foot Knife - and I believe they have laws to deal with such travesties in the UK!

You are right about the UK Zombie Knife Laws! :eek: Quite legal to buy a machete, just don't spray it green! :rolleyes:

Doh! I'd completely forgot about the "Zombie Knife" laws in the UK! Obviously we couldn't ask any respectable Sheffield cutler to produce an illegally-green-colored knife, so I've made an adjustment there, as well.

Boy, this thing is really coming along nicely! (I almost typed that with a straight face...) I wish we could do the annual forum knife in this manner; make a suggestion, and BOOM!, it goes on the knife! :thumbsup: :D

qAFRFHL.jpg

Doh! I'd completely forgot about the "Zombie Knife" laws in the UK! Obviously we couldn't ask any respectable Sheffield cutler to produce an illegally-green-colored knife, so I've made an adjustment there, as well.

Boy, this thing is really coming along nicely! (I almost typed that with a straight face...) I wish we could do the annual forum knife in this manner; make a suggestion, and BOOM!, it goes on the knife! :thumbsup: :D

qAFRFHL.jpg

Oh, the Sheffield cutlers don't care, they're still making Push Daggers there (illegal in the UK since the 1980's)! :eek: Barrett, that is one UGLY knife! You have the skills of a Bond villain my friend! :D :thumbsup:

You have good taste my friend! ;) :D

:D :thumbsup:

Done...

...done...

qAFRFHL.jpg

Coming on with truly ghastly promise :D I think the bolster needs some horrible turning or etching though, soon qualified to become a new pattern : Real S'''e Head :eek:;):cool::D:D

qAFRFHL.jpg
:D:D:D Can I please copy this over to my Photoshop thread? lol well done!

Done...

...done...

qAFRFHL.jpg
Needs jimping.

Back