Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Got ya covered John! :p Nothin' crazy... fruit a couple of days ago, then jalapenos yesterday, and some sausage today. Oh and some fishin' line (dry :oops:).
full
Thanks. It's just that the new one is so purdy, and the rosewood keeps begging to be used, it might be a while before it sees any action.

I gave my love a Lambsfoooot....
s0548.gif
Sing it with me! :p:D
Have a good Valentines Day , Guardians.

39850649783_3b3a094719_h.jpg

I think she was just happy to have her bath time over with. :D
I love sing alongs, Kevin, great Lambsfoot the horn is special.
Did I compare the speed of this thread to an express train?

I’ll need to amend that to a Lambsfoot Space Shuttle knife engaging its hyperdrive engines and launching into warp space!

View attachment 1072950 View attachment 1072949

Have we really clocked up 75 pages since the start of this month?!

Ok, a bit of quick catchup first:

Donn and Jack: I thoroughly enjoyed your conversation about Stanage Edge. Is that where those abandoned millstones were quarried from, Jack? I remember you saying they were gritstone.

@donn : Yes Toyotas are definitely the 4WD of choice here in Australia, mostly Hiluxes, Landcruisers and Troopys. Nissan (Patrols) come a distant second, and anything else is usually seen either as a quirky affectation, or unfit for real off road conditions. Range Rovers and Discoverys are called ‘Toorak Tractors’ after the affluent suburb ‘over the wrong side of the Yarra’ river.

Land Rovers were very common on farms though when I was a kid. Who doesn’t love a 4WD with firing ports thoughtfully provided for both the driver and passenger under the front windscreen?!

GT @5K Qs : no worries about being a reluctant Food Correspondent, my friend, we come here to enjoy ourselves, so I’m sure someone else will pick up the mantle, in time.

But did you just say that, then launch straight into a detailed description of your elaborate and tasty sounding breakfast makins’? LOL! I’m glad to see your OJ seems to be finding its way into your cereal these days, instead of your coffee cup!;)

M Mescladis : I hope your thumb heals quickly. I agree, cuts from really sharp blades seem to knit together much more swiftly than ragged cuts from dull knives. That’s very interesting, what you were saying about the taste of carbon steel blade residue on food. I understand the part of the brain which has to do with scent and taste tends to be heavier (presumably from more neural activity) and more developed in women than it is in men, on average. The only time I can really notice it myself is on red onions.

Barrett @btb01 : Oh I’m still laughing, my friend, what a great design! While I’m glad to see you’ve included a tasteful radioactive puke green blade stamp, you may have overlooked that your knife would therefore be legally classified as a Zombie-Foot Knife - and I believe they have laws to deal with such travesties in the UK! And where’s the combo-edge serrations! Get with it, man!:D;):eek::)

Every one of these Ironwood Lambsfoot knives shown so far, has been absolutely amazing to look at. As they’ve been rolling into the thread courtesy of their new owners, I’ve been studying the group pic like GT, and wondering which one of those left is my one.

In truth, the one that arrived in my mailbox this morning wasn’t one I had really studied that closely. (Like others here, I copied the group pics to the camera roll on my Ipad, so I could zoom in and scrutinise them in more detail!)
I had to actually identify its position by referring to the pile side, as the mark side appears very dark.

Here’s the mark side:
fDwFtHz.jpg

The dark burl actually has a beautiful, complex figuring to it, when you look into it.

If the mark side is to be looked ‘into’ to bring out its intricate detail, the pile side jumps straight out at you with its bold striping and lovely tawny gold shimmer.

jbImM4l.jpg

But look at both sides in the sunlight, and wow, that luminous shimmer is incredible!

rOoP69C.jpg

GUcRCnu.jpg

I’ll comment a bit more on the knife itself later on - it’s late here now - but suffice to say I think this is the finest Guardians knife so far.

And I’ve found a place for the tin in my kit already, thanks for that Jack!

g7A5gF0.jpg

Oh, and my knife is just below Donn’s one, and above Prestons.
Chin, your knife is truly unique with it's mark and pile sides varying so much, love the pile side in the sunlight.
Well-loved line-up Taylor :thumbsup:

Wouldn't they just?! :rolleyes:

Hope you're back to dancing 'til dawn with your sweetheart soon Ron ;) :thumbsup:

How do you spell "swoony" (where is @pertinux)?! ;) :thumbsup:

I'm not sure it has been used before Preston :) Rock on my friend :thumbsup:

Those could be some of the famous (Half) Blind Musicians of Sheffield Jer! :eek: ;)

http://www.hallamtrads.co.uk/blind-fiddlers.html

Hard to capture the true beauty of the wood, but you've done well Rachel :thumbsup:

I think @Cambertree may have been the first to use the word here, I don't think I'd heard it before that myself :thumbsup:

That old Lambsfoot magic :cool: :thumbsup:

What about the skull bead Barrett?! :eek:

Dazzling and delightful Vince :thumbsup:

Thanks Duane, hope I'll be able to contribute some pics before too long :thumbsup:

A well-guarded Lambsfoot Kevin, great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

You won't find any commercial discussion here either @Rockley Lad, and hopefully no references to dealers who do not contribute to BF. That's because both break the sub-forum guidelines. The Guardians Lambsfoot is an annual group buy for regular contributors here. To communicate privately here you will need to purchase a BF membership, which is inexpensive and very good value for money, in my opinion. That will allow you various privileges, including the ability to send and receive private messages :thumbsup:

A Rosewood by any other name would not smell as sweet John ;) :thumbsup:

I think my postman has got lost Preston! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

Cool composition Kevin :cool: :thumbsup:

There's no accounting for taste...or the lack of it! :p :D ;) :thumbsup:

Morning Lambsfoot lovers, hope everyone is having a good day :) I'm carrying ebony today. to match my black, black, heart! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

b5h1Xbg.jpg
Thanks Jack, I wasn't sure about the 'rocks'...but don't understand about the postman being lost? Nice photo of the Ebony.
"...Rosie you're alright"!
Both wonderful photos! Seems you're on the fence or on the rocks!:D
Have a great one with your lovies!:thumbsup:

One of my favorite scenes...one I'm sure my wife would like to copy during my 2:00AM picking!

Lovely Golden Oldie, great coloring on that horn!

Absolutely awsome! Congratulations!
Such incredible character in all these! Just great knives!:thumbsup:

Waiting on that cold black, sun cracked, numb inside soul of mine to come alive!
Beautiful Black Blade for today!:cool::thumbsup:

Another lovely Rose of the Day, Dave! :p:thumbsup: :)
It was a good day to have Rosie with me. I had a long drive in heavy traffic and she subbed as a worry stone to clam me down so I didn't fall victim to road rage!
Thanks Jack! I thought a dose of jet black Ebony might help get me over the top! :thumbsup::D

32826339818_2887f9c33e_b_d.jpg
The lighting in that photo is so right for that knife, Ron, the texture in the wood just pops, contrasting the smoothness of the Ebony.
I'm loving all the lamb photos! Keep em coming y'all and have a good'n.View attachment 1073117
Great photo of that great AC, Dwight!
Done...

...done...

...and done. :thumbsup:

(If a skull bead is good, then a pirate skull bead is better, right?) :D

Doh! I'd completely forgot about the "Zombie Knife" laws in the UK! Obviously we couldn't ask any respectable Sheffield cutler to produce an illegally-green-colored knife, so I've made an adjustment there, as well.

Boy, this thing is really coming along nicely! (I almost typed that with a straight face...) I wish we could do the annual forum knife in this manner; make a suggestion, and BOOM!, it goes on the knife! :thumbsup: :D

qAFRFHL.jpg
Such great work on that 'knife', Barrett! I almost want one...
We've been so charmed by the pretty covers, but don't forget about the blade. I cut up some fruit and have a nice rainbow now.
f04uYJT.jpg
Got ya covered John! :p Nothin' crazy... fruit a couple of days ago, then jalapenos yesterday, and some sausage today. Oh and some fishin' line (dry :oops:).
full
Great to see some patina happening on these Ironwood Lambsfoots. I'm going to get to using mine.

Rosie and Iron Mike having a few loving moments for the day. Preston
IMG_0916.JPG

I was in the UK the other day(online:)) looking at what was available in the lambsfoot dept. I came across this oddity, and it wasn’t very expensive, so I said “Why not.” It’s from Joseph Rodgers and claimed to have a carbon steel blade with stainless covers. I even emailed them and they assured me that it was. I just received the knife and the blade is marked Stainless Steel and favors one side(no rubs) I was disappointed and politely emailed my contact as to my dissapointment.

That was my first impression. After playing with it, I grew rather fond of it. It’s very thin, and because it’s inexpensive, I don’t have to worry about playing rough with it. I simply rinse, dry, and oil it. It will make a great food knife. It’s not and ooh and ahh knife. Just a fun thing.
D5A5A875-D3F6-46BC-BF61-07A36EB5F845_zpsgfmmk6rg.jpeg

499A8F53-2D87-43AC-9C67-9408C3CF2F6F_zpsswv7ivqp.jpeg

I was in the UK the other day(online:)) looking at what was available in the lambsfoot dept. I came across this oddity, and it wasn’t very expensive, so I said “Why not.” It’s from Joseph Rodgers and claimed to have a carbon steel blade with stainless covers. I even emailed them and they assured me that it was. I just received the knife and the blade is marked Stainless Steel and favors one side(no rubs) I was disappointed and politely emailed my contact as to my dissapointment.

That was my first impression. After playing with it, I grew rather fond of it. It’s very thin, and because it’s inexpensive, I don’t have to worry about playing rough with it. I simply rinse, dry, and oil it. It will make a great food knife. It’s not and ooh and ahh knife. Just a fun thing.

I kinda like the looks of this one:thumbsup: I bet it disappears in the pocket, metaphorically speaking...

Heal quickly is my wish for you.

I hope you heal up quickly Mescladis! :)

Michael

I hope that cut heals up fast for you! :)

Sorry, you're only going to be able to look and not use. Speedy recovery wishes sent your way.

M Mescladis : I hope your thumb heals quickly. I agree, cuts from really sharp blades seem to knit together much more swiftly than ragged cuts from dull knives. That’s very interesting, what you were saying about the taste of carbon steel blade residue on food. I understand the part of the brain which has to do with scent and taste tends to be heavier (presumably from more neural activity) and more developed in women than it is in men, on average. The only time I can really notice it myself is on red onions.

Thank you all, the thumb is healing quickly and I even managed to carfully open my Ironwood today to cut some fruits and start a patina on that blade! Interesting thing @Cambertree, I'll try to find more info on that subject.
It's going to be another beautiful sunny day here, off to the garden I go!

We've been so charmed by the pretty covers, but don't forget about the blade. I cut up some fruit and have a nice rainbow now.
f04uYJT.jpg

Good point Rachel, I love it when you get the first smidgen of patina on those polished carbon blades :) :thumbsup:

full

Looking VERY good :thumbsup:

m4Uy11k.jpg

Need a patina

Cool pic Taylor :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack, I wasn't sure about the 'rocks'...but don't understand about the postman being lost? Nice photo of the Ebony.

Rosie and Iron Mike having a few loving moments for the day. Preston
IMG_0916.JPG

It was a reference to Valentine's Day Preston, I don't understand it either! ;)

Excellent pic there :thumbsup:

View attachment 1073328
Amazing stout. An even better knife. Can't complain!

Wow, that looks delicious Taylor, looks really well with your Lambsfoot too :thumbsup:

There are some really stupid dealers here unfortunately, I had a similar experience with one a few years ago, and when I emailed him after receiving a 'Carbon steel' knife clearly marked 'INOX', received a very rude reply, telling me that it was not stainless steel, it was 'Inox steel' o_O

Nice to hear your impressions my friend, I'm sure the blade is the same as their more expensive knives :thumbsup:

Evening Guardians,

Please forgive my extended absence; I have had a lot on my plate. I am ecstatic about the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot. Thank you again for your hard work on these Jack.

I'll be in and out periodically as time allows, but I have missed you all. Rest assured that a Lambsfoot is always in my pocket-

https://imgur.com/a/4ZQgLRD
aaafec81-261a-4d1e-88da-e04c335c0ef8

kpRLrOa.jpg

CgQJCtE.jpg

Great to see you here my friend, and thanks for sharing those lovely pics :) Hope to see more of you in the not too distant future :thumbsup:

Thank you all, the thumb is healing quickly and I even managed to carfully open my Ironwood today to cut some fruits and start a patina on that blade! Interesting thing @Cambertree, I'll try to find more info on that subject.
It's going to be another beautiful sunny day here, off to the garden I go!

Glad to hear that Mescladis, enjoy the sunshine :) :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, it's a nice sunny day here, bit of frost still on the lawn, but I'm sure it'll be gone soon. Hope everyone has a good Friday, the weekend is nearly here :) I'm missing my Ironwood '19 Thought I'd slip this one in my pocket :thumbsup:

WfRONYp.jpg

Evening Guardians,

Please forgive my extended absence; I have had a lot on my plate. I am ecstatic about the 2019 Guardians Lambsfoot. Thank you again for your hard work on these Jack.

I'll be in and out periodically as time allows, but I have missed you all. Rest assured that a Lambsfoot is always in my pocket-

https://imgur.com/a/4ZQgLRD
aaafec81-261a-4d1e-88da-e04c335c0ef8
Very nice sir! I think your knife is between Nature Boy and btb01 in the group shot? If you wish to confirm Jack will update the group pic. :)

UjcQRwF.jpg

Despite my best intentions this thread is proving hard to stay caught up with! It's exciting to see all the 2019 Guardians editions showing up. They turned out marvelously. :thumbsup:

I had a close call with my usual lambsfoot the other day. I was pulling my jeans from a locker at the gym and heard the light clink of my Fisher Space Pen hitting the tile floor. It rides along side my pocket knife in my right front pocket. Before I could react, the light clink was followed by a heavier thud as the lambsfoot landed. :eek:

I was expecting to find chipped horn or a dented bolster, but I couldn't find any signs of damage. I really lucked out there. I'll definitely be more careful in the future.

I hope everyone else is doing well, has a great weekend, and is able to avoid precarious drops of their favorite pocket cutlery. ;)

Back