Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Sleep well Jack Black Jack Black . Don’t count sheep. Count Lambs.:)
:thumbsup::D
images

A curvy creamy lambsfoot of stunning stag.

Hopefully you can get the satisfaction from the Mighty Lamb there, Dylan! Nice photo!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry your smoke was cut short Dylan :( Stunning stag on your AC my friend :thumbsup:

Sorry about the rain Dylan, but, you have that great looking Stag Lambsfoot to keep you company.

Thank you, fellas! The AC Stag surely is one of my favorites. There is a reason it was my knife of 2018.

Good afternoon all I'm getting here a bit late today but ready to join fun. I took a new picture of my stag A. Wright Jack gave me sometime back. I hope you like it I have difficulty trying to set up a nice shot with a background. Some of you have posted some amazing pictures.

B9T5xfa.jpg

Good to see you drop in, Randy! I hope you are well, my friend. Your AC Stag is looking quite fine.

'Tis Wooden Wednesday and has been dry all day. I think I am going to attempt that smoke again. This dandy in Ironwood is making for mighty fine company.

yD4N0ls.jpg

That is another superb photo, Dwight, the color, composition and texture are just right, as
Thank you Preston.

Another great looking Stag following on the heels of Dylan's, that was a wonderful run by the looks of all that have been posted here.
Thanks again my friend!

Well said Dwight, I agree and would have liked to have been in on those but there's more to come!
So true. I am always seeing earlier lambs I have missed. But how fortunate to have discovered this place! And how bright the future looks. :cool:

Kissing cousins here, wish all Guardians a great Wednesday
Good lookin cousins.

I got my large Ironwood for today! Hope y’all have a great Wednesday!
The big iron.

I haven't got time for no Googling!
What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliment and the tune Jack! I think my father had just about every Marty Robbins album there was. I listened to them a lot!
The first time I ever heard Marty Robbins was in the Amazon jungle late at night as I lay under my mosquito netting in a hammock. His great music takes me back there every time I hear him.

Good afternoon all I'm getting here a bit late today but ready to join fun. I took a new picture of my stag A. Wright Jack gave me sometime back. I hope you like it I have difficulty trying to set up a nice shot with a background. Some of you have posted some amazing pictures.

B9T5xfa.jpg
Excellent composition and photo Randy. And now I'm gonna research the Sheffield flood of 1864. :cool: Sure nice to have you here my friend.

Ah... yes... the super star... Lambocephus...a.k.a... "the eye" :cool:

Taking Lucy for company
Fabulous pic of Lucy Lu.IMG_7147.jpeg

Last edited:
image.jpg @mitch4ging oh dear, I'm no luthier, but I've been itching to build a ukulele for years, and I have no fear when it comes to building things out of wood. I'm all tooled up, and I have a great set of plans for a soprano. The first one, I figure will come out like the first pancake; but the following ones may turn out just fine.

Fodderwing Fodderwing thanks man, I love the two blader too. It is earning its keep and then some.

Michael

P.S. Posting here about my intention to build a uke reminds me of my talk of building my own Lambsfoot knife. A year or more's dust sits on the blade steel I bought for that project. :oops:
Time will tell, maybe I'll build knives and ukes this year. :)

After seeing the film version of TLOEG, I can understand Alan Moore's aversion to cinema! :D At least he didn't write Tank Girl! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, it was a rubbish film, eh? Completely missed all Moore’s relentless and hilarious satire of those Victorian era boys adventure annuals and ‘penny dreadfuls’, wrapped up in what must be the ultimate 19th century literary ‘Justice League’ concept.

Poor old Alan hasn’t had much luck with film adaptations of his work, but at least the royalties have probably financed some of his later independently published books.

xQZJeAj.jpg

Qz1Rd2g.jpg

Thanks Chin, the edges were sharp-like, the force of the drill made it worse. Love the forest pictures...truly looks more jungle like to me. Great job on the photograph lighting in the deep, dark jungle;)

Thanks Preston. I hope you’re healing up ok, my friend. I probably delete at least five photos for every one I keep, so I guess I have to get lucky sometimes! It is quite jungle like - in fact the understorey is probably a bit thicker than some of the equatorial and subtropical jungle I have been in.

It can do Chin, even floods sometimes. I often watch folks searching rivers, mudlarking, magnet fishing, etc on YouTube, they seem to turn all sorts of things up. The Sheaf has been cleaned up a lot since the 70's, and a whole section near where the Rodgers factory was then, has even been concreted into a half-pipe, so I'm not sure there'd be much left, but then I guess some of the stuff could have been washed further downstream. Actually, the first of the Patrick Dickinson videos I linked to is filmed just on the other side of the concrete section :thumbsup:

Ah, that’s interesting. Fascinating how there’s a whole strata of timeframes and styles of construction in those tunnels of the Sheffield undercity.

LOL!

Amazing that you have that on your door-step, great pics my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. Yes it just seemed normal as a kid. We’d head off on our BMXs into the forests in the morning with the only injunction from our parents being to ‘stay away from old Gold Rush mineshafts, and head home when the streetlights start coming on’. Later on after travelling around a bit, I realised what a great place to grow up it was!

Your '19 is looking well-loved :) :thumbsup:

Yes, this one is definitely my favourite user out of all my Guardians knives. I’ve sanded the handle edges to a bit of a chamfer, and given the Ironwood a bit more of a satin texture for handling comfort. It’s the sharpest of all my Lambsfoot knives too, now.

Such a great photo, Chin!!:eek:
Good looking terrain. Is it humid there?
The beauty just keeps coming from down under!:cool::thumbsup:

Thanks Dennis. I wouldn’t really say it’s that humid - those lush looking photos with the mosses and Antarctic Tree Ferns were taken in the bottom of valley systems where creeks run all year round. If you walk a hundred yards/metres up the sides of the valley you’ll pass through a few distinct bands of vegetation types, eventually coming to a drier type of eucalypt forest.

The weather patterns here are basically a product of being at the confluence of baking hot dry westerlies from the Nullarbor desert plain, and southerlies coming up from Antarctica.

Mine (again) with my travel walking stick. Need to go for a walk and get out of the house.
20190402_122117-1470x3024-jpg.1103343

Very cool walking stick Dennis. I went for a walk in the Forest Arboretum yesterday afternoon. I’m always looking over the groves of English Ash trees, hoping to find a windfall one day, that I can make into a good walking stick!

Another wonderful "19"...;):thumbsup:

Thank you kindly Senhor Josè.

So many great photos and beautiful, unique knives all you Guardians - too many to quote, but here’s a random sampling:

Good evening, Guardians.
VAtnqsE.jpg

Love the patterns and contrasting textures in this, r8shell!

Serene and verdant.

Thanks Dwight, I’m loving being able to follow the onset of Spring in your photos. So great, my friend - both the knives and your compositions.

The blades of grass made me think of that Walt Whitman line: ‘The beautiful uncut hair of graves’.

sLiS35P.jpg

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Guardians!

Superb, Vince! Love that graceful riverbend in the grain of your Ironwood.

Good Morning Jack and my fellow Guardians

Wow, that grain is just astonishing John. The wolfs head is crystal clear!

Awesome, Taylor! The figure on yours reminds me of part of a Mayan hieroglyph.

'Tis Wooden Wednesday and has been dry all day. I think I am going to attempt that smoke again. This dandy in Ironwood is making for mighty fine company.

yD4N0ls.jpg

Lovely contrast and juxtaposition of colours, shapes and textures, Dylan!

The first time I ever heard Marty Robbins was in the Amazon jungle late at night as I lay under my mosquito netting in a hammock. His great music takes me back there every time I hear him.

Very cool, Dwight! Were you there for work or pleasure, my friend?

Here’s some pics from my Forest Arboretum ramble yesterday:

YbuDM5B.jpg

Managed to stalk in close to a pair of Superb Lyrebirds just on dusk:

pbmGp7u.jpg

And was treated to a full concert and tail feather display from the male, as I quietly stood about ten feet away.

Yr0lxJz.jpg

His Missus:

m3eEJug.jpg

I was whistling to get them to look at the phone camera and the male must have been thinking ‘what the heck?’ as he eventually walked off down the path!

FVmICd6.jpg

wrtpPZv.jpg

BPgKGmS.jpg

Oh yeah, it was a rubbish film, eh? Completely missed all Moore’s relentless and hilarious satire of those Victorian era boys adventure annuals and ‘penny dreadfuls’, wrapped up in what must be the ultimate 19th century literary ‘Justice League’ concept.

Poor old Alan hasn’t had much luck with film adaptations of his work, but at least the royalties have probably financed some of his later independently published books.

xQZJeAj.jpg

Qz1Rd2g.jpg

Thanks Preston. I hope you’re healing up ok, my friend. I probably delete at least five photos for every one I keep, so I guess I have to get lucky sometimes! It is quite jungle like - in fact the understorey is probably a bit thicker than some of the equatorial and subtropical jungle I have been in.

Ah, that’s interesting. Fascinating how there’s a whole strata of timeframes and styles of construction in those tunnels of the Sheffield undercity.

LOL!

Thanks mate. Yes it just seemed normal as a kid. We’d head off on our BMXs into the forests in the morning with the only injunction from our parents being to ‘stay away from old Gold Rush mineshafts, and head home when the streetlights start coming on’. Later on after travelling around a bit, I realised what a great place to grow up it was!

Yes, this one is definitely my favourite user out of all my Guardians knives. I’ve sanded the handle edges to a bit of a chamfer, and given the Ironwood a bit more of a satin texture for handling comfort. It’s the sharpest of all my Lambsfoot knives too, now.

Thanks Dennis. I wouldn’t really say it’s that humid - those lush looking photos with the mosses and Antarctic Tree Ferns were taken in the bottom of valley systems where creeks run all year round. If you walk a hundred yards/metres up the sides of the valley you’ll pass through a few distinct bands of vegetation types, eventually coming to a drier type of eucalypt forest.

The weather patterns here are basically a product of being at the confluence of baking hot dry westerlies from the Nullarbor desert plain, and southerlies coming up from Antarctica.

Very cool walking stick Dennis. I went for a walk in the Forest Arboretum yesterday afternoon. I’m always looking over the groves of English Ash trees, hoping to find a windfall one day, that I can make into a good walking stick!

So many great photos and beautiful, unique knives all you Guardians - too many to quote, but here’s a random sampling:

Thanks Dwight, I’m loving being able to follow the onset of Spring in your photos. So great, my friend - both the knives and your compositions.

The blades of grass made me think of that Walt Whitman line: ‘The beautiful uncut hair of graves’.

YbuDM5B.jpg

pbmGp7u.jpg

And was treated to a full concert and tail feather display from the male, as I quietly stood about ten feet away.

Yr0lxJz.jpg

His Missus:

m3eEJug.jpg

I was whistling to get them to look at the phone camera and the male must have been thinking ‘what the heck?’ as he eventually walked off down the path!

FVmICd6.jpg

wrtpPZv.jpg

BPgKGmS.jpg
Always an interesting dialogue and photos Chin, thank you! :thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Get some rest Jack!

Really enjoying everyone's posts today. Excited for something I just paid for ;)

Sleep well Jack Black Jack Black . Don’t count sheep. Count Lambs.:)

See you tomorrow.

Thanks a lot guys :) :thumbsup:

This took care of everything I needed today.
HmVuc7v.jpg

Excellent photo Dave :) :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas! The AC Stag surely is one of my favorites. There is a reason it was my knife of 2018.

Good to see you drop in, Randy! I hope you are well, my friend. Your AC Stag is looking quite fine.

yD4N0ls.jpg

That's a great pic Dylan, I love the look of that Ironwood in the sunshine :) :thumbsup:

What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

Excellent composition and photo Randy. And now I'm gonna research the Sheffield flood of 1864. :cool: Sure nice to have you here my friend.

Ah... yes... the super star... Lambocephus...a.k.a... "the eye" :cool:

Fabulous pic of Lucy Lu.View attachment 1103986

:D :thumbsup:

Wow, that sounds interesting Dwight :)

The Sheffield Flood was the biggest disaster in British history, yet it is almost unknown, even within the city itself :(

http://www.mick-armitage.staff.shef.ac.uk/sheffield/flood.html#index

Thank you my friend, another great photo there :) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1104000 @mitch4ging oh dear, I'm no luthier, but I've been itching to build a ukulele for years, and I have no fear when it comes to building things out of wood. I'm all tooled up, and I have a great set of plans for a soprano. The first one, I figure will come out like the first pancake; but the following ones may turn out just fine.

Fodderwing Fodderwing thanks man, I love the two blader too. It is earning its keep and then some.

Michael

P.S. Posting here about my intention to build a uke reminds me of my talk of building my own Lambsfoot knife. A year or more's dust sits on the blade steel I bought for that project. :oops:

Ace pic Michael :) It would be great to see you build a Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

We sure are fortunate to have all you boys contributing to the Guardians. :thumbsup::cool:

Definitely, really great posters here :) :thumbsup:

xQZJeAj.jpg

Qz1Rd2g.jpg

LOL!

YbuDM5B.jpg

pbmGp7u.jpg

Yr0lxJz.jpg

His Missus:

m3eEJug.jpg

FVmICd6.jpg

wrtpPZv.jpg

BPgKGmS.jpg

I can understand why he's not a fan, even though I have enjoyed some of the films enormously. Despite the plot changes, I thought Watchmen was great at the cinema, and despite my dislike of some of the plot changes to V For Vendetta, I went to see it several times - I can remember one May Day in Barcelona, defending the film to a friend in my faltering Spanish! :D :thumbsup:

More incredible pics my friend, I know I'm not alone in really looking forward to your posts, you always bring great insight and fabulous images :) :thumbsup:

One more photo of this beautiful pair...;):thumbsup:

50nq6d.jpg

Very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

Morning folks, thought I'd better show my face in here before getting back to work ;) Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

oqULgYQ.jpg

Always an education when perusing your posts Chin. Marvelous.

Thanks Dwight, I’m loving being able to follow the onset of Spring in your photos. So great, my friend - both the knives and your compositions.Thanks again!

The blades of grass made me think of that Walt Whitman line: ‘The beautiful uncut hair of graves’
I love Whitman.

My parents worked for Gulf Oil and also did mission work and dad flew supplies into the bush for missionaries. I was just along for the ride. We were there four years. I turned sixteen just as we returned state side.

Love your rambles through the brambles Chin. Always a treat to read and view your posts my friend. Take care.

One more photo of this beautiful pair..
José I never tire of looking at those two lambs. The green jigged bone is most intriguing.

The Sheffield Flood was the biggest disaster in British history, yet it is almost unknown, even within the city itself
Thanks for the link Jack.
IMG_7796.jpeg

Morning folks, thought I'd better show my face in here before getting back to work ;) Hope everyone is having a good day
And don't work too hard. You know what they say... "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy..." Albeit one who is successful and solvent. :D:D:D

I missed this exchange. Must be skimming too fast.
Good luck with both. Maybe this year I'll get around to making some knives.
d7vfhBr.jpg

Back