1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Oops. Looks like I promised to return with lambsfoot content in Carl's Lounge. Oh well.
    These little knights were made by Britain's in England. The heads turned, the visors raised and lowered, the swords came out of the fists and went into the tiny scabbards, the poniards went into one of the loops on the belt. Their waists turn, too. Step on them and their heads break off.
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, mitch4ging, donn and 10 others like this.
  2. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Thanks, Vince, especially as the Lambsfoot grows in popularity on this side of the pond
    Harvey, retriever field trialing is a niche sport. Not many know about it for various reasons. I don't do trials anymore, but love being around the people and dogs. I'm fortunate to be able to work with Dutch and expand his talents with the help of a professional and a group of like minded folks.
    !
    Wonderful shot of the Damascus Lambsfoot, Jack, that is a great example! I ache also, but it's also a good ache. I'm lucky to be able to do what I can with Dutch. Have a good day and easing those sore muscles with more work...that's the way:D:p:D
    Enjoy your exploits, David, thanks for taking the time enlightening us all.
    You as well Ron, love that grain swirling towards the end of your knife.:thumbsup:
    Of course not Dave, especially if you share:D That does make a great photo...well done.
    Another wonderful shot, you should do a calendar Dwight, or a coffee table book of Lambsfoot photos!
    Nice photo, seems like you find things out like I do, Jer...I'm an original 'this happened to me'! Enjoy your Sunday.
    Have a great Sunday, Guardians. Get ready for the week ahead.
    [​IMG]

3. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    :p:p:D:D

cigarrodog likes this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Dave :) :thumbsup:

:eek: :D :thumbsup:

Lovely pic Ron, your '19 is gorgeous :thumbsup:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :) :thumbsup:

You too Dwight, outstanding pic :) :thumbsup:

Ah, the Headless Swordsmen! ;) I used to have some just the same Jer, they were very inexpensive and lots of fun, some of my earliest toys when I think about it :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Preston, I am feeling OK now, everything, but my aching feet! :D Your Rosewood is looking good :) :thumbsup:

5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Don't work too hard, Jack. Hope you enjoy your Sunday too.

I didn't think it was your house, but I was hoping it was on your property. :D

I hope you have a great Sunday too, Ron.

Bananas are fruit, and I usually have fruit with my breakfast. So, ya... go for it, Dave.

I hope you have a good Sunday too, Dwight.

I hope your Sunday is good too, PJ.

[​IMG]

6. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I thought you were testing the edges on your Lambs. :D
    Have a good Sunday, Jer.

7. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Is that a Plensa sculpture?

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Cool action figures decorating your lambsfoot photo, Jer! :cool::cool::thumbsup:
    Is the knight in back, with sword raised, carrying in his left hand a slice of pizza topped with a white Yorkshire rose??? Curious.

Here's another shot of my Man Jack, taken when I first received it. The photo shows the mark side, whose stag isn't quite as nice as pile side IMHO. (The pic also shows several reflections of my fingers, a flaw that still plagues my shots.)
    [​IMG]

- GT

TFBraden, mitch4ging, donn and 10 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot John :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

I think with a lot of the earlier models of that pattern, they started off with stag which wasn't the best, cut it too thick, then ground off half the character. My first example was absolutely awful o_O Wright's made me another with Sambar covers, my first contact with the firm. Very decent of them, and the stag is a lot better, but it still suffers from the same issue, why use good stag and then grind if off?! :confused:

[​IMG]

I think they are doing a better job now :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Not that you get Damascus! :D But they're retaining more of the stag, Sambar in this case :thumbsup:

10. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Yes, it is. :)

cigarrodog likes this.
  11. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Dwight, hope you have a good one too! Beautiful knife and photo this morning! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment! :) That’s a great photo of your Rosewood! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Jack! :)

:thumbsup::)

Gary it’s so good to see you and your “Man Jack”! :thumbsup: :D

12. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Looks like a fun project. Hope you are healing up ok.:thumbsup:

Congrats, Dave. Now the real work/stress begins.;)

Thanks, Harvey.:thumbsup:

Thanks, Jack. Great pics of your 2 beauties!:thumbsup:
    Wow, Ron. She is lovely!

So glad spring is here and excited to be out of the house. Hope you all have a splendid Sunday.
    [​IMG]

13. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, Mark your right about that:eek: wonderful shot of your Ironwood.:thumbsup::cool:

mitch4ging, cigarrodog and Ramrodmb like this.
  14. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Good morning all! I have ordered my first lambsfoot, specifically an arthur wright large in rosewood as recommended after talking with members in this thread and am quite excited to recieve it! Im guessing it will take a couple weeks for transit.

I am curious about the Guardian lambsfoot knife? Was that a special edition for this group? It appears to have a different bolster and maybe different wood on the scales? Also Is there a horn version as ive seen some beautiful blonde horns reading through the posts? I really would like one of those also.

15. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I thought the same thing, GT. :D

You too, Mark.

16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Mark, thanks for the compliment! Yours is definitely lovely as well my friend! Also a great photo! :thumbsup: :)

cigarrodog and Ramrodmb like this.
  17. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Golden Horn
    LF Golden Horn2.JPG

18. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Me and my boy stayed up a lil late last night around the fire pit....I just woke up, I'm tired and he's ready to go the swap meet...Lambsfoot on a Sunday!
    [​IMG]

19. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Dave

:D Thanks Preston

Thanks Jack

:D Man Jack was really looking fine.

Thank you Ron

Gorgeous horn on that. Another fine painting.

Taylor Lambeaucephus rules.

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you Mark, you're really knocking it out of the park with the pics of your '19 :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice call, hope it reaches you soon :) :thumbsup:

The Guardians Lambsfoot is an annual group buy, 2017 was horn, in 2018 we had both horn and ebony, this year it was Desert Ironwood. Different bolsters, and superior fit and finish. Next year, who knows, but probably not horn? If you get yourself a paid membership some time this year, PM me your email address, and I'll add you to the Guardians email list :thumbsup:

Special Dave :) :thumbsup:

That kind of thing is even more important than a good night's sleep Taylor :) Your '19 is looking good, have you oiled the wood? Enjoy your Sunday my friend :thumbsup: