Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Was at the store looking for "Easter candy" for family members, and saw them. Couldn't pass them up! My favourites are buttered popcorn, liquorice, and coconut. Don't know yet if I will like these.

Who could?! :D I went out to Heptonstall with a '4 Pack' of Panda Liquorice yesterday. Always got to have emergency rations in that kind of wild country ;) :thumbsup:

Managed to get a few pints of this on draught earlier :) :thumbsup:

yULBUqo.jpg
Very nice! Had to get a beer pic with my knew damlamb!!
tk30oJS.jpg

All the Chimay beers I sampled were all very good. I will not hesitate to grab em again! The blue one is great.

Last edited:
Incredible when you look at these back-springs, because it's quite clear they have been hand-filed. The Sheffield cutlers do this all the time, but what an incredible piece of work. I've seen it done, with just a file, and the cutler's eye, something from another time, and really special :) :thumbsup:
Makes it very special and one of a kind! Love it!!! The snake wood is especially nice, very smooth too!

Jack does a great job of packaging these knives he sends out. I have no doubt that this one's passage was difficult...starting in the UK, then to LA then to Puerto Rico and finally here. My camera and computer were not cooperating but, I did get a few photos, however the shots of the Damascus blade didn't turn out well. This Snakewood Damascus Lambsfoot is just gorgeous, I like everything about it! Thank you, Jack Black and Ashley, at Wright's
DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

Wow! looking good my friends!!!!

Barry, nice to see a gorgeous Oldie in with the mix of these great newer releases matey!

After the longest wait ever...well it seemed that way! I have in my hands my first ever damascus, snake wood 1 of 5 Lambfoot knives from A. Wright and Son from Sheffield, England!!!

Love the knife already. Probably one of the fancier slip joints I own! Love the damascus and the snake wood is very nice! Great snaps that is just gonna get better over time! More importantly I really like the frame on this knife! I'm a huge sleeve board guy and this knife is just in my sweet spot for overall size. Just a tad bigger the my GEC #77 framed knives!
View attachment 1114554 View attachment 1114555 View attachment 1114556 View attachment 1114557
HOO-RAY!!:D
Very glad to hear it finally arrived. That is a beauty :thumbsup::thumbsup: Good on you, bud. I'm happy for ya :D
OG

Very cool beer mug David.

View attachment 1113970

Very cool knife :)

The tankard is my favourite of the many I have. :)
https://www.hidebound.co.uk/department/hidebound-leather-tankards/

Jack does a great job of packaging these knives he sends out. I have no doubt that this one's passage was difficult...starting in the UK, then to LA then to Puerto Rico and finally here. My camera and computer were not cooperating but, I did get a few photos, however the shots of the Damascus blade didn't turn out well. This Snakewood Damascus Lambsfoot is just gorgeous, I like everything about it! Thank you, Jack Black and Ashley, at Wright's
DSC_0287.JPG

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0289.JPG

Stunning Preston. Your a lucky chap.:thumbsup:

Heptonstall is a small old weaver's village perched on a precipitous hill high above the Calder Valley (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heptonstall). It is a very friendly place - well at least since Royalist forces tried to storm the place in 1643 - with a couple of pubs, a shop, a cafe, two historic churches (one ruined sadly), a small museum, and an ancient square, where once a year, on Good Friday, a mummer's play - The Pace-egg Play - is performed by a group of locals. The play, like others performed in the region, has historic roots, and a motley collection of characters, including (in the case of the Heptonstall version), Saint George, The King of Egypt, a fool (Toss-pot), and The Doctor. The language of the play is old, and formulaic, but there is a certain amount of ad-libbing, which increases throughout the day, the play being performed four times. As in earlier times, the performers retire to the pub for refreshments in between performances, and it goes downhill rapidly (with a good deal of hamming it up)!

I have been going to see the play for 18 years now, though I don't attend every year, so I have seen a few of the performers come and go, but The Doctor, who revived the play 40 years ago, has been constant throughout.

Obviously the weather makes a big difference to the attendence at the play, but since Easter is late in the calendar this year, and the weather could not be finer, we were lucky to get good seats at the rather thinly-attended first performance.

The setting of Weaver's Square is very atmospheric, and you see the same faces here year after year, often wearing the same clothes! :D

The play and the players are introduced by the Master of Ceremonies, with a fine display of casual knife juggling!

izsxHnz.jpg

The first challenge to Saint George comes from Bold Slasher.

RmyFVW6.jpg

lDUn4X8.jpg

He is vanquished, but miraculously revived from death by The Doctor, who administers medicinal 'Nip Nap'!

YIY4EPo.jpg

Next Saint George takes on The Black Prince (possibly named after my Lambsfoot! :eek:)

6odpVKP.jpg

The Black Prince, having been defeated, is mourned by The King of Egypt, seen here terrorising the crowd! :D

NhOWx4U.jpg

1dD9PRb.jpg

Hector is next to enter the fray, but needs a little physical encouragement!

gfH9z2P.jpg

1kRd7Jj.jpg

NuX2qjP.jpg

The fallen are reborn to fight again another day (or at the next performance) :)

wxCJNTC.jpg

There is much audience participation, with the funniest part yet to come, as the fool Toss-pot, selects a couple of comely maidens to kiss - they are rewarded with a Cadbury's Cream Egg! :D

P2P7BoT.jpg

IFWrK3m.jpg

Having thoroughly enjoyed the performance, unlike earlier days when I would have simply gone for a pint or three, a walk in the beautiful local countryside seemed a healthier option. When we returned a few hours later, the third performance was underway, but the square was absolutely packed, and it seemed like a good time to get a seat in the pub ;)

Pt0BNhU.jpg

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter :thumbsup:

Jack

Thanks for posting those Jack! It looks like a fun day!

After the longest wait ever...well it seemed that way! I have in my hands my first ever damascus, snake wood 1 of 5 Lambfoot knives from A. Wright and Son from Sheffield, England!!!

Love the knife already. Probably one of the fancier slip joints I own! Love the damascus and the snake wood is very nice! Great snaps that is just gonna get better over time! More importantly I really like the frame on this knife! I'm a huge sleeve board guy and this knife is just in my sweet spot for overall size. Just a tad bigger the my GEC #77 framed knives!
View attachment 1114554 View attachment 1114555 View attachment 1114556 View attachment 1114557

Very nice. :thumbsup:

lI6r0tz.jpg

Very nice! Had to get a beer pic with my knew damlamb!!
tk30oJS.jpg

All the Chimay beers I sampled were all very good. I will not hesitate to grab em again! The blue one is great.

Great shot of a great knife! Congrats!!!

Wow! looking good my friends!!!!

Barry, nice to see a gorgeous Oldie in with the mix of these great newer releases matey!

Thanks Duncan, it was a lucky snag out of the bay!

That's exciting news, Jack! :thumbsup: Interesting about the seconds, as well.

Having driven a bit over there, I can see why! Some of the roads are scary enough in a car! :eek: ;) :D

(I may have mentioned this before, but some time after our first trip to England, I realized that some of the more questionable back roads that we took when we drove down to Durdle Door would have been very near the location where T.E. Lawrence was killed in a motorcycle accident.)

Today I decided to give this Canadian confection, which I've seen posted several times in this thread, a try. I figured my Ironwood Guardians Lambsfoot would be a good photo-companion. :thumbsup:

Y37T5F2.jpg
Barrett that’s a beautiful Ironwood Lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

A good Saturday morning Ron, sorry I'm late! :eek: :D Your ebony '18 is looking good :thumbsup:

Pt0BNhU.jpg

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter :thumbsup:
Thanks for the compliment and all the great photos Jack! Your ‘19 is stellar in that sunshine my friend! Hope you have a Happy Easter as well! :)

Congratulations Taylor! :thumbsup: I’d say it was definitely worth the wait my friend! :D

I’ve been in the company of one of my ‘17 Horn models today! :) Hope y’all have a blessed weekend! :)

37855370151_43b1a37b79_b_d.jpg

Back