Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

It can be very easy to miss one can't it Dwight? :( Fantastic pic my friend
I'm taking John's advice and gonna do one page at a time.

Having thoroughly enjoyed the performance, unlike earlier days when I would have simply gone for a pint or three, a walk in the beautiful local countryside seemed a healthier option. When we returned a few hours later, the third performance was underway, but the square was absolutely packed, and it seemed like a good time to get a seat in the pub
A most wonderful Pace Egg event Jack! I thoroughly enjoyed every video and especially the last one with the folks singing sans instruments. Absolutely beautiful sound and perfect harmony. I can certainly see how you are drawn back to it each year. And what a scenic and quaint village. Thanks for sharing.

If anybody is looking for a pocket slip for their Guardian Knife...
The KSF Small Buffalo Slip is tailor made for the regular sized Lambsfoot. Fits like a glove. :cool: :thumbsup:

That is a very handsome stable for one of our lambs John.

Jack Black Jack Black Prester John Prester John these cultural geographical slices of life are a joy to view. Thank you.

@JohnDF I agree completely with your review of the slip case.

tmd_87 tmd_87 Taylor, May this be the day.

Good Morning Guardians. Rock On!
View attachment 1114429
Stunning shot of your serpent covered lamb Harvey.

Thanks for the comments on the IXL guys; here are some more shots after cleaning many year's worth of crud from the covers. I couldn't tell at first what they were made of, but they are for sure very dark jigged bone:

CSJmHAr.jpg

jLAad1p.jpg

size comparison:
ui46aaZ.jpg
The IXL cleaned up beautifully Barry but that horn!!! :eek: My oh My what color!!!

I carry a lambsfoot...
2M0po9X.jpg

...because how else am I going to open my bag of Tabasco flavoured Jelly Bellies?

How 'bout you?
Great pic of your finely aged stag Vince. Toured Avery Island a while back. Very interesting place and a botanical wonder. :cool:

I've packed all my knives except my worker ebony. This has to be way up there with what stresses you out? I won't see any relief until the end of May or first of June.
Yesterday my whole body was literally shaking inside I had to sit down and let it pass, I don't know what that was, sure hope it doesn't happen again o_O
So my friends have a peaceful Easter weekend PS I still have time to click on the likes.:thumbsup::D
View attachment 1114486
Dave wish I could give you a hand with moving. It is indeed stressful stuff. Hang in there and take it slow and easy if you can.

After the longest wait ever...well it seemed that way! I have in my hands my first ever damascus, snake wood 1 of 5 Lambfoot knives from A. Wright and Son from Sheffield, England!!
Taylor it is a special knife my friend. Wow these knives are amazing. Congratulations.

Great stuff Taylor :) For me, these knives are the knives of a lifetime, I doubt we'll ever see another Lambsfoot more special
I see no way to surpass these knives Jack. Normally if a knife is extra special I will not carry it. This DamaLamb has been in my pocket every day since it arrived and I plan on it staying there. Life is too short to put this one in a drawer.

Incredible when you look at these back-springs, because it's quite clear they have been hand-filed. The Sheffield cutlers do this all the time, but what an incredible piece of work. I've seen it done, with just a file, and the cutler's eye, something from another time, and really special
Amen. Didn't know a knife could be atmospheric until now. This knife touches me the way an ancient grail century old masterpiece does.

I agree! This knife is gonna be for special occasions....at least that what I'm gonna try to hold it too.
:D Good luck with that. :D

Very cool knife
Thanks David.

Barrett that’s a beautiful Ironwood Lambsfoot my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Thanks for the compliment and all the great photos Jack! Your ‘19 is stellar in that sunshine my friend! Hope you have a Happy Easter as well! :)

Congratulations Taylor! :thumbsup: I’d say it was definitely worth the wait my friend! :D

I’ve been in the company of one of my ‘17 Horn models today! :) Hope y’all have a blessed weekend! :)

37855370151_43b1a37b79_b_d.jpg
Another heavenly horned lamb.

I think I will make a point of visiting too next trip out east. I love Louisiana.
I love it too. The Atchafalya Basin is a great place to get lost for a while. And New Orleans is ... well it's New Orleans. :cool:

Absolutely Dave, 30 years ago I once moved to France on a whim of the missus, did all the packing and moving with the help of a few friends, and had to move back six months later :rolleyes: A few years ago, I thought about moving and chickened-out, I just didn't want the stress or the physical exertion! :rolleyes:Hope it goes smoothly my friend, keep a Lambsfoot handy ;) :thumbsup:
Thank you, my friend.:thumbsup::)

Once in a while I get that same shaky feeling. I’m no Doctor, but I do play one at home.:) Like you, I sit down. I also wonder if all that adrenaline leads to a low blood sugar level. I usually drink some OJ and it soon passes.

You’ll get through this, in your new home. You can’t rejoin us, because you never left.:)
Thank you, my friend, I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and take metformin twice a day. I think you might be right about the low blood sugar I guess I'm just stubborn and don't want to accept it. :oops:

Last edited:
Just received an old Lambfoot in today . Did not go to the Mail Box until after the sun went down , so had to take pics in door .
This knife has had a lot of wear on the Bone and the Steel , but it is old and a Taylors Eye Witness and a pretty low price , and I needed it .

Probably can't file the Kick enough to correct the Proud Blade .

Pins look original
Still some decent Stamping on the blade

This one is 3 & 7/16 closed and the darker colored one is 4 & 1/8 closed and most of you have probably seen it posted before .
Based on the pictures of it that I had originally seen , I was thinking about trying to re-jig the bone or replacing them . I expect that I will now leave them alone .

Harry

Last edited:
Harvey is a good man Jack, as well as all the other Guardians, thank you, my friends.:)
Thank you Dave. This corner of the Porch is filled with Good Souls. You and I would be tied if it was a stubborn contest.

@Foddering - Thank you my friend.

Old Engineer Old Engineer - What a nice find, Harry. I love the old ones. Congratulations.

Prester John Prester John :) Lol.:) Your beautiful four legged friend has quite the look of patience. Enjoy your pleasurable evening.

@gunstockjack Half/Stop Half/Stop -Both of those Lambs have wonderful swirly colors.

This knife has had a lot of wear on the Bone and the Steel , but it is old and a Taylors Eye Witness
A great find Harry ;) Can you imagine the history behind it, those were the days when a man only had one knife and really used it.:thumbsup:
I have an old pocket knife that my father in law carried all his years working on the CPR Canadian Pacific Railway this was his favorite whittling projects.
He made these unique picture frames piece by piece for friends and relatives. This was an art he learned as a boy in Ukraine.
This particular frame had our wedding photo in it, he whittled nearly 1000 pieces to complete it.
Picture Frame (2019_02_23 17_09_47 UTC).jpg

Last edited:
Back