Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

That's horrible, Dave. Good reason to move. Hope the new place is peaceful.

From the images of that beautiful view, I can appreciate your chagrin. Hopefully, the view will be equally breathtaking.

What a crying shame :( After some adjustment, I'm sure you will find comfort and solace in your new digs :thumbsup:
Best of everything to you and yours
OG

Oh Dave, that is absolutely appalling! :eek: What a crying shame :( I have some friends here who are going through the same thing at the moment :thumbsdown:

That is sad Dave. Sorry to see that matey. No way could I have stayed after that. Rather be in a tent. I am glad you won't be having to endure it.

Common sense is most definitely on the endangered attributes list.
Thank you, my friends, I'm sure things will work out for the good! :thumbsup: You are all fine bunch of fellows :D I couldn't reply until now, the power has been off all afternoono_O

donn donn - David I always love your Tavern shots and this one especially made me smile and as I looked at it I began to sing Willie Nelson's song...fullsizeoutput_165e.jpeg
Gravedigger
When you dig my grave
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel the rain...

Really enjoying the Cathedral Chronicles with Pearl my friend.

What a fantastic lamb Barry.View attachment 1117545

Thank you Dwight! I'm trying to accurately date the thing; Bernie says 1827 was the last date Jonathan Crookes was made, but can the knife really be that old? It is in great shape if it is; still tight, no wobble or blade play, and a beartrap spring that is almost a nail breaker. Iron frame and horn handles seem correct, but I don't know. I hope Jack will help with dating the thing.

I love your barehead stag! I hope more will be made.

I recently sharpened up my DI Damascus, and in the process tested it for carbon/stainless with some cold blue. It appears to be stainless, as the blueing didn't faze it, which blew me away. It is now scary sharp and doing it's work.

8jJcSMg.jpg

Thank you Dwight! I'm trying to accurately date the thing; Bernie says 1827 was the last date Jonathan Crookes was made, but can the knife really be that old? It is in great shape if it is; still tight, no wobble or blade play, and a beartrap spring that is almost a nail breaker. Iron frame and horn handles seem correct, but I don't know. I hope Jack will help with dating the thing.
It is an amazing find. I knew it was ancient. Are the bolsters integral by chance?

Thank you Jack; the cane is one I made for myself after using a cheap store-bought model. Not that I need it, you understand! It's just that I can stay upright longer with than without! ;)

kix3iyD.jpg

I know the feeling Barry :D :thumbsup:

Have a great weekend Guardians.View attachment 1117545

You too Dwight, great pic (I thought you had fed your knife to the nightcrawlers when I looked at it on my phone! :D) :thumbsup:

Thank you, my friends, I'm sure things will work out for the good! :thumbsup: You are all fine bunch of fellows :D I couldn't reply until now, the power has been off all afternoono_O

Sure hope so Dave, though I don't think you and the missus should be having to uproot like this :mad: Hope the move goes OK my friend :thumbsup:

I love your barehead stag! I hope more will be made.

I recently sharpened up my DI Damascus, and in the process tested it for carbon/stainless with some cold blue. It appears to be stainless, as the blueing didn't faze it, which blew me away. It is now scary sharp and doing it's work.

8jJcSMg.jpg

I'll have a proper look when I get my specs back Barry, it's worth noting that the last time the heart and pistol mark was used was 1990 (edit - actually it was still owned by Slaters until they finally closed very recently) :thumbsup:

That surprises me about the Damascus Barry, it was ordered and paid for as carbon steel, and when I originally saw the steel it had a patina of rust from storage. I'd advise folks to be wary about treating it like stainless :thumbsup:

Thanks, Ray :D I will be about 30 min away, but at least I will be able to see them, as well as the beautiful ranchland and rolling hills. :thumbsup:
17th-hole.jpg

Certainly a beautiful place you're moving to Dave :thumbsup:

Last edited:
It is an amazing find. I knew it was ancient. Are the bolsters integral by chance?

Old, but not ancient, I think :thumbsup:

Thank you, Jack. :) Its time for a change, I think we will be pleased once we get settled. The first place I'm going for a beer is the old Rocky View Hotel.:p
cochrane-rockyview-hotel-L-6.jpg

Looks like a great choice Dave :) :thumbsup:

My two oldies:

x3dQxFl.jpg

Those knives are great finds; thanks for posting them. :thumbsup: It's great seeing the historical lambsfoot knives that folk post on here :):thumbsup:. And that cane is a work of art to.

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Maybe it's a CAMRA camera David ;) :thumbsup:

LOL Jack! Maybe the camera is like computers that learn your internet browsing habits except this one has learnt what it's usually being used to take pictures of...:)

donn donn - David I always love your Tavern shots and this one especially made me smile and as I looked at it I began to sing Willie Nelson's song...View attachment 1117555
Gravedigger
When you dig my grave
Could you make it shallow
So that I can feel the rain...

Really enjoying the Cathedral Chronicles with Pearl my friend.

LOL Dwight! I've often been accused of making folk swear but never of making them break out into song :D. Those are great words by the way.:thumbsup:
Glad you've enjoyed the Pearl adventure. Depending on my plans it may be Liverpool tomorrow.

Thank you, Jack. :) Its time for a change, I think we will be pleased once we get settled. The first place I'm going for a beer is the old Rocky View Hotel.:p
cochrane-rockyview-hotel-L-6.jpg

Dave that looks perfect. Once you get yourself settled in I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we expect some gratuitous Lambsfoot and ale shots from within that fine establishment.:thumbsup:

The other morning I spent at least 10min looking for mine until I realized I had them on.:oops::rolleyes:

Dave, I've got you beat. The other day I briefly put my car keys 'down' then couldn't find them again. It took me almost a minute of frantic searching to realize I was gripping them in my teeth.... :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good morning Guardians. :thumbsup:
ixOyurV.jpg

Dave that looks perfect. Once you get yourself settled in I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we expect some gratuitous Lambsfoot and ale shots from within that fine establishment.:thumbsup:

Dave, I've got you beat. The other day I briefly put my car keys 'down' then couldn't find them again. It took me almost a minute of frantic searching to realize I was gripping them in my teeth.... :confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Haha, keys between your teeth! :p I most defiantly will do the Lambsfoot Ale shots the second pub will be The Half Hitch Brewing Company.
half-hitch-brewing-company-L-2.jpg
half-hitch-brewing-company-L-2.jpg

LOL! Yip, I'd rather go there than have you come here. :D I think you'd be grossly disappointed with the north-west of England as a vacation spot. :eek:
I just looked Half Hitch up. So they have a place in your old spot and one where you've moved to! That's a mite handy. :D:thumbsup: There beers look nice to and they do a pub quiz! I thought they were very much a British affair; good to see you Canadians like sitting in a bar arguing over irrelevant general knowledge as well. :) :thumbsup:

Back