Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

The memory does get a little foggy with age. I always attribute it to the fact that we have acquired so much knowledge and information that sometimes the data banks just can’t keep up! :rolleyes::eek:

Phew! So it's not the barrels of ale and knocks to the head doing silly stuff? :D

Lambsfoot accompanied me this morning to the Doctors office for an ultrasound, my wife is 18 weeks pregnant with twins, and today we got the fantastic news that we will be having twin boys! What a day! I am so excited!
EhHK7Pf.jpg

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

https://i.imgur.com/hDV3any.jpg
Here's my Eleanor with her knife:
hDV3any.jpg

She'll graduate to a lambsfoot eventually!

[Not a real knife, so I hope it doesn't violate the non-lambsfoot knife rule!]

Yip. She looks like trouble....:D

Well shucks, must be somthin' goin' around, 'cause I hafta go in Friday for day surgery to repair a recurrent hernia myself! Dad burn it all!!! I wish I was tougher instead of so damn good lookin'! ha

Oh well, I'll be dreamin' of lambs foots.....

wXEsOti.jpg

Good luck! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

I don't know what it is about my camera. It always focuses on the ale...
OG9fmU2.jpg

This is one of the reasons we are moving from our home of 18 years. They are building two 5 story apartments right off our back deck Obstructing our view and peace and quiet. As you can tell the forest is gone and as a result, the squirrels, chipmunks and nesting birds are gone as well. :(
And of course, my trusty Lambsfoot will carry us through,:thumbsup::D
photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG
photo 3 (1).JPG

This is one of the reasons we are moving from our home of 18 years. They are building two 5 story apartments right off our back deck Obstructing our view and peace and quiet. As you can tell the forest is gone and as a result, the squirrels, chipmunks and nesting birds are gone as well. :(
View attachment 1117330 View attachment 1117331
View attachment 1117333

That's damned annoying Dave. Are people able to lodge objections to building projects in Canada? We can here in the UK; not that anyone seems to pay any attention. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1117333
That's horrible, Dave. Good reason to move. Hope the new place is peaceful.

I don't follow sport much, but I used to enjoy listening to boxing on the radio (enjoy watching it too) :)

My kitchen table is not too bad at the moment Barrett, but I have a very large box full of all the knives I've picked up which would otherwise be on the table to remind me to clean them. Of course, since they're in the box, I kind of forgot about them :rolleyes:

Thanks Barrett, I did wonder about the horses, which were absolutely amazing. They were all trained and supplied by a firm called Atkinson Action Horses, the riders seemed to be pretty familiar with them though (we were closest to the Canadian team). They supply horses for films, and also put on their own shows (from a quick look at their website): http://actionhorses.co.uk/ There's some videos online too, eg:

(Better get Dave Horsewright Horsewright back in here to have a look at that ;) )

The Royal Armouries did have their own horses and riders, who put on free displays several times a day, falcons and handlers, a resident armourer and a gunsmith, but they all got made redundant a few years ago :(

Such a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Morning guys. Pretty impressive video. Watched it a couple of times as that sage colored wildrag (scarf) he was wearing at the very beginning looks like one we made. Its a very unique silk and once you see it and feel it you recognize it. Here Miss Gracie is wearing a wine colored one:

TcMRT3q.jpg

Sage and different shades of it has been one of our biggest sellers and we have sold them all over the world including quite a few to the UK. here's a sage in Norway:

MpdCnqJ.jpg

Anyhoo a talented horseman and very talented horses too. My wife Nichole use to ride a very tall horse and a friend of ours Rex Peterson, who has done a lot of movie work (Appaloosa, Hidalgo, Horse Whisper, All the Pretty Horses, Black Stallion Returns etc) lives close by. He told us to bring the horse out one day and he spent all afternoon teaching Nichole how to teach the horse to bow and then kneel so it would be easier for Nichole to get on him. All he wanted in exchange was for me to sharpen a damascus knife Matt Damon had given him when filming All the Pretty Horses.

View attachment 1117333
From the images of that beautiful view, I can appreciate your chagrin. Hopefully, the view will be equally breathtaking.

View attachment 1117333
What a crying shame :( After some adjustment, I'm sure you will find comfort and solace in your new digs :thumbsup:
Best of everything to you and yours
OG

Top o' the mornin' Guardians! Here is a recent acquisition from an earlier period in the lamb foot timeline:

9IGcbAF.jpg

Wn1luYM.jpg

Once again Barry, great find :) Unfortunately I left my spare reading glasses at my girlfriend's this evening (left my NEW reading glasses on the train back from Skipton the other week!) o_O So please excuse me my friend, I'll post some info, when I'm reunited with my specs, tomorrow :thumbsup:

Thank you Ron, and yes they are!

rlcjxZY.jpg

It is great having you here Barry :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black Jack Black your Damascus Lambsfoot is like a never ending honeymoon.:)

Thank you very much Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Phew! So it's not the barrels of ale and knocks to the head doing silly stuff? :D

I don't know what it is about my camera. It always focuses on the ale...
OG9fmU2.jpg

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Maybe it's a CAMRA camera David ;) :thumbsup:

View attachment 1117333

David we as a neighborhood fought the town two years ago on this monster project and lost. Money for the coffers rules over common sense. :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

Oh Dave, that is absolutely appalling! :eek: What a crying shame :( I have some friends here who are going through the same thing at the moment :thumbsdown:

What a treat Taylor, great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Morning guys. Pretty impressive video. Watched it a couple of times as that sage colored wildrag (scarf) he was wearing at the very beginning looks like one we made. Its a very unique silk and once you see it and feel it you recognize it. Here Miss Gracie is wearing a wine colored one:

TcMRT3q.jpg

Sage and different shades of it has been one of our biggest sellers and we have sold them all over the world including quite a few to the UK. here's a sage in Norway:

MpdCnqJ.jpg

Anyhoo a talented horseman and very talented horses too. My wife Nichole use to ride a very tall horse and a friend of ours Rex Peterson, who has done a lot of movie work (Appaloosa, Hidalgo, Horse Whisper, All the Pretty Horses, Black Stallion Returns etc) lives close by. He told us to bring the horse out one day and he spent all afternoon teaching Nichole how to teach the horse to bow and then kneel so it would be easier for Nichole to get on him. All he wanted in exchange was for me to sharpen a damascus knife Matt Damon had given him when filming All the Pretty Horses.

Hey Dave, glad you found the video of interest :) That has got to be one of your wildrags my friend, they look darn cool too :) That is a great story :) :thumbsup:

My two oldies:

x3dQxFl.jpg

Great pic Barry, I like that cane, as well as those fab old knives :) :thumbsup:

Top o' the mornin' Guardians! Here is a recent acquisition from an earlier period in the lamb foot timeline:

9IGcbAF.jpg

Wn1luYM.jpg
What a fantastic lamb Barry.

Just a gorgeous dam serpent lamb Taylor. :cool:

Phew! So it's not the barrels of ale and knocks to the head doing silly stuff?
:p:D

This is one of the reasons we are moving from our home of 18 years. They are building two 5 story apartments right off our back deck Obstructing our view and peace and quiet. As you can tell the forest is gone and as a result, the squirrels, chipmunks and nesting birds are gone as well.
That is sad Dave. Sorry to see that matey. No way could I have stayed after that. Rather be in a tent. I am glad you won't be having to endure it.

David we as a neighborhood fought the town two years ago on this monster project and lost. Money for the coffers rules over common sense.
Common sense is most definitely on the endangered attributes list. :(

Have a great weekend Guardians.IMG_1590.jpeg

Back