1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Phew! So it's not the barrels of ale and knocks to the head doing silly stuff? :D

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Yip. She looks like trouble....:D

Good luck! Wishing you a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

I don't know what it is about my camera. It always focuses on the ale...
    [​IMG]

2. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    This is one of the reasons we are moving from our home of 18 years. They are building two 5 story apartments right off our back deck Obstructing our view and peace and quiet. As you can tell the forest is gone and as a result, the squirrels, chipmunks and nesting birds are gone as well. :(
    And of course, my trusty Lambsfoot will carry us through,:thumbsup::D
    photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG

3. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    That's damned annoying Dave. Are people able to lodge objections to building projects in Canada? We can here in the UK; not that anyone seems to pay any attention. :rolleyes:

4. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    That's horrible, Dave. Good reason to move. Hope the new place is peaceful.

5. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    David we as a neighborhood fought the town two years ago on this monster project and lost. Money for the coffers rules over common sense. :rolleyes::thumbsdown:

6. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you, Vince, once everything is in place it should be. :)

7. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Most unfortunate Dave. Growth is everywhere, it seems, and sometimes not under very much control, unless it's the control of money.

Ramrodmb, Jack Black, OLd_gUY and 4 others like this.
  8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very nice find Barry, Jonathan Crookes, quality old Sheffield name with a great tang stamp. Just on my phone right now, but will catch up when I get home :thumbsup:

9. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    You hit the nail on the head Barry. :thumbsup: Money rules, even over the environment. o_O

10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Mmmmm IMG_20190425_110017.jpg

11. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks!

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011

Morning guys. Pretty impressive video. Watched it a couple of times as that sage colored wildrag (scarf) he was wearing at the very beginning looks like one we made. Its a very unique silk and once you see it and feel it you recognize it. Here Miss Gracie is wearing a wine colored one:

[​IMG]

Sage and different shades of it has been one of our biggest sellers and we have sold them all over the world including quite a few to the UK. here's a sage in Norway:

[​IMG]

Anyhoo a talented horseman and very talented horses too. My wife Nichole use to ride a very tall horse and a friend of ours Rex Peterson, who has done a lot of movie work (Appaloosa, Hidalgo, Horse Whisper, All the Pretty Horses, Black Stallion Returns etc) lives close by. He told us to bring the horse out one day and he spent all afternoon teaching Nichole how to teach the horse to bow and then kneel so it would be easier for Nichole to get on him. All he wanted in exchange was for me to sharpen a damascus knife Matt Damon had given him when filming All the Pretty Horses.

13. donn

Sep 14, 2002
    Sorry to hear that. Sounds like Canadian buffoonary is the same as British buffoonary... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Hope your new place doesn't suffer the same fate.

14. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    From the images of that beautiful view, I can appreciate your chagrin. Hopefully, the view will be equally breathtaking.

15. gunstockjack

May 14, 2011
    My two oldies:

[​IMG]

16. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    What a crying shame :( After some adjustment, I'm sure you will find comfort and solace in your new digs :thumbsup:
    Best of everything to you and yours
    OG

mitch4ging, dc50, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Once again Barry, great find :) Unfortunately I left my spare reading glasses at my girlfriend's this evening (left my NEW reading glasses on the train back from Skipton the other week!) o_O So please excuse me my friend, I'll post some info, when I'm reunited with my specs, tomorrow :thumbsup:

It is great having you here Barry :) :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Harvey :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D :thumbsup:

Maybe it's a CAMRA camera David ;) :thumbsup:

Oh Dave, that is absolutely appalling! :eek: What a crying shame :( I have some friends here who are going through the same thing at the moment :thumbsdown:

What a treat Taylor, great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Hey Dave, glad you found the video of interest :) That has got to be one of your wildrags my friend, they look darn cool too :) That is a great story :) :thumbsup:

Great pic Barry, I like that cane, as well as those fab old knives :) :thumbsup:

TFBraden, mitch4ging, donn and 6 others like this.
  18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  19. gunstockjack

May 14, 2011
    Thank you Jack; the cane is one I made for myself after using a cheap store-bought model. Not that I need it, you understand! It's just that I can stay upright longer with than without! ;)

[​IMG]

20. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    What a fantastic lamb Barry.

Just a gorgeous dam serpent lamb Taylor. :cool:

:p:D

That is sad Dave. Sorry to see that matey. No way could I have stayed after that. Rather be in a tent. I am glad you won't be having to endure it.

Common sense is most definitely on the endangered attributes list. :(

Have a great weekend Guardians. IMG_1590.jpeg