Gunk in your GB/AR? Try this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by swenson45
E-mail me and I'll give you my full BIO buddy.

By that I would say your implying you are military along with your vast knowledge of the military personael and thier daily rituals.
So you hang around military personel day in and day out?

I think you drive the Rouch Couch for AAFES.:p :p :p

Many industries operate on the comeback rule, 1 comeback might be a fluke, 20 comebacks and you've got a lawsuit, recall problem on your hands.

Go do a search on thefiringline.com or glocktalk.com for the latest fiasco with E serial Glocks and tell me if that should be considered a 'recall.'

Also, do you consider the direct-blowback eat-were-you-crap operating system of the AR to be a design flaw? I do. That's why I prefer the gas piston system. How about the internal extractor of JMB's 1911 design?

But really... here you are talking about a knife that you DO NOT own. One that you said you weren't going to buy, then were going to buy, then aren't going to buy again.

If you were a general, it wouldn't change the specs of the knife but it would make you more credible. Who gives a Fk what gear real ninjas carry?
I see what guys are carrying, I see what they deploy with, I've asked them questions.
That answers that. Why worry? Go use your tools and stick with what works. When you go to someone elses turf to piss on their design, there is a problem.

Again, if you got beef with the way the knife is made, you can make that point in a paragraph and ignore the eloquent repartees (note = 1 a : a quick and witty reply b : a succession or interchange of clever retorts : amusing and usually light sparring with words
2 : adroitness and cleverness in reply : skill in repartee).

But yes, you do want to engage. At least verbally. It becomes more and more clear you want to troll vs. learn the rationale behind the design.

So I'll pile on...

The AR / GB folders I would never attempt to take apart You won't get it back together correctly Trust me go with Mick and send your baby in for a rebuild.
"Trust me" you say? DO you have experience with an AR/GB? If not = hot gas.

HELL the jungle eats everything!
You gotten your gear eaten by the jungle, mang?

On my AR, the asymmetric washer in the pivot does not rotate with the blade.
Oops... i guess you DO have an AR! Contact me if you want to sell it. Of course, I'm expecting it will be discounted because:
They are getting fat money from a bunch of ComputerCommandos from what I've seen. Mostly I see pictures of mint condition AR's GB's up against computers SAD VERY SAD.
according to this, yours is beat up. Then again, you NEVER said that you weren't a Computer Commando either, right? ;)

My friends all are having to send thiers in while my EMERSON CQC-7 2000 and my Commander are still going strong from 1999!
But how is your AR? Still going strong? Or how are your buddies ARs? Are those buddies the Rangers that you know? But you said they don't carry Striders... hmm... is your friend the guy that you got an e-mail from in the last couple days?

After seeing and hearing from Mick Strider I then became more interested in the AR/GB folders so much so I ordered one but after I received e-mail detailing concerns about the very thing I was talking about I decided to cancell an order.
Wait, you became interested in AR folders after you HAVE one (read above quote)? And then somehow you got an e-mail that detailed
and you backed out?

One more thing the pictures of the vise are a lie.
That's a pretty big statement, boyo. I mean how else is the owner of the company/ moderator of the forum supposed to take that other than you calling him a liar? After seeing the pics, you decided to get your second strider folder, yet after looking at the pics and thinking about the price you decided you weren't going to get (another) Strider?

:D LOFL @ the Big Cheese. I truly appreciate your attempt at humor, but when you call other people liars after they try to help ya out, that just reeks of gnarl.

Please post more responses, but hang up the personal insults unless you're willing to make it personal with he whom you slander ;).

krept,

Your mis-quoteing me there. I never stated I had an AR or a GB.

But I agree this has gone on far enough.

My points are valid, its just people are blinded and fooled easily.

Hell you can all run out and buy the kitchen knives now.

<B>GINSU STRIDERS!</B>

Enough, I have better things to do than argue with those who sell knives and are not in harms way with them.

;) you're RIGHT... Hah.. I quoted you quoting someone else, sorry! Well, it almost got fun for a while.

It's Friday, cheers.

:rolleyes:

I can't believe you guys are such suckers that you keep falling for this crap over and over again.

Look, the proof is in the pudding. 99.999% of Strider users don't have problems with their knives. That said, no one is perfect. I know for a fact that if Mick & Duane ever have a knife that doesn't meet spec, they want nothing more than to find the problem, figure out what caused it, and get it taken care of. It's called personal responsibility.

The way I see it, until the product comes back for repair - it's all conjecture. It's all unproven. So, until then, it's talk.

People who have problems with products fall into two categories -

1. They want it fixed, or
2. They want to cause problems

Either way, it's pretty simple - you tell them to send it back and offer to replace it. If that doesn't work, then that person obviously isn't interested in solving the problem - they want to make one larger.

I'm not suprised to see many of the same people in this thread seeing just who can piss the furthest yet again. Grow up already. Wearing a uniform doesn't make you a man - that path is much longer and more difficult. The only person you need to measure up to is yourself. Arguing with nameless, faceless people on the internet does not make you more - it makes you less.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back