guns and knives, photos add yours

SadieJane
Love the Bearcat! For the longest time, that was the only gun my son wanted to shoot. I can't even imagine how many bricks he put thru it. Really fun gun.
BaldingEagle

yeah its really loads of fun to shoot! a gift from one of my brothers a few yrs ago.

plan b: ar-15 & truck loaded with supplies. with the seats folded down two people can actually sleep quite comfortably inside. i've tested it...except the sleeping part ;)
guns_knives_bike_01.jpg

plan c: ditch the truck and switch to the bike. wait until dark then make my way to the woods with my 1911, esee-4 & junglas.
guns_knives_bike_02.jpg

guns_knives_bike_03.jpg

eta: that's a riflegear-neutered pmag holding only 10 rounds and the acs stock is pinned & epoxied in place in case there's any batfe agents here :eek:

You guys are making me all mushy... I got rid of most of my toys a few years back for the woman(she had 2 little boys and was "uncomfortable" with guns around) . always remember the good steel is worth the extra cost, it won't lose it and decide to leave ;)

Guess I get to rebuild my collection. JV3 that TRP is pretty sweet! Don't think I would go for a big spider crawling all over my guns, might twitch and smash the bugger :) Nice pics guys!!

JV3, 2 questions..

1. what backpack is that?

2. why you riding a chick bike? :)

Checked your PMs yet btw? :)

Ruger mini 14,AK47,marlin 30/30, mossy 500,xd9,xdsc9,hi standard 22lr,taurus 22lr
IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

Last edited:
You guys are making me all mushy... I got rid of most of my toys a few years back for the woman(she had 2 little boys and was "uncomfortable" with guns around) . always remember the good steel is worth the extra cost, it won't lose it and decide to leave ;)

Guess I get to rebuild my collection. JV3 that TRP is pretty sweet! Don't think I would go for a big spider crawling all over my guns, might twitch and smash the bugger :) Nice pics guys!!

thanks! spiders are edible - in case you smash one don't let it go to waste :D

JV3, 2 questions..

1. what backpack is that?

2. why you riding a chick bike? :)

Checked your PMs yet btw? :)

that's 3 questions! maxpedition falcon 2.

i bought that bike because the hottie saleswoman said it complimented the pink shirt i was wearing that day :eek: notice my truck's windows are blacked out. that way my buddies won't see me wearing pink :D

eta: oh, i just realized the chick bike comment. it does slope downward pretty steep! lol. it's a 16" frame that's why. my first bike is an 18" frame and it fits fine with a 1" clearance except when i took it to the trail. my foot slipped off and the frame was dangerously close to my family jewel so now i want that extra 3" space! sure as hell beats having a girly voice. haha.

Last edited:
haha. that explains it! Let me ask you one more btw,

how does that stock on your pictured AR feel weight wise? I mean, it looks like it'd add a lot of back end weight to it.

haha. that explains it! Let me ask you one more btw,

how does that stock on your pictured AR feel weight wise? I mean, it looks like it'd add a lot of back end weight to it.

not sure how heavy it is but depends on your setup. in my case, it's very front heavy (troy free float rail, fug and weapon light all add up). i actually have 6 cr123a stuffed in the stock and wish i can stuff more to add rear weight.

if i take the surefire out then it almost feels neutral but from first hand experience i have to have a weapon light...well, you already know the drill.

you have to try one or the lmt sopmod. the ergonomics are night and day compared to the m4 stock. i wish it wasn't so damn expensive otherwise all my ar's will have one.

TTD, how do you like tat Ruger mini14? I've considered one before but I have heard alot of diffrent opinions. Here some folks that love them and others that dont. I for one really like the looks of them. By the way love you levergun. I love leverguns.:D

TTD, how do you like tat Ruger mini14? I've considered one before but I have heard alot of diffrent opinions. Here some folks that love them and others that dont. I for one really like the looks of them. By the way love you levergun. I love leverguns.:D

Minis are great guns. The newer models (580 in the serial number) are more accurate from what I've been told. I ended up choosing an AR over the mini due to the Lego-like buildability and the cost of mags on the mini is off the charts.

And that levergun of Tony's is sweet.:D

I love the mini 14 the 2007 & up models (580 serial number) solid gun, cdnn has the best mag prices $25 for 20 rounders & $30 for 30 rounders.
Solid gun,solid performer and bullet proof reliable.
I am slowly building my ESEE AR lower but I have my mini to hold me over..I'd never sale my Mini 14.
The Lever action 30/30 is solid,Thanks Shotty for the great deal on it... another I'd never sale.

I love those Marlin levers. I have a SS 336 30/30 that I'd never part with.

Last edited:
TTD, how do you like that Taurus? I've been looking into a long barreled .22 revolver to use as survival type hunter. Taurus has a lot of options and good prices. I really like the 991 (9 shot .22 mag)

TTD, how do you like that Taurus? I've been looking into a long barreled .22 revolver to use as survival type hunter. Taurus has a lot of options and good prices. I really like the 991 (9 shot .22 mag)
Pictures of Cylinder before I sent it back..
IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

Tell you the Truth.. Buy another Brand IMO , I purchased this model at a Gun show... paid ,pass background,handed me the box....got home to piddle with Taurus and noticed some serious QC issues with the Cylinder,I had to return pistol to dealer,then goes to Taurus 2 months later I get it back and cylinder is cleaned up but the action is so freaking tight... I need to get it worked on or fire 1K + rounds thru it..to loosen up.... I like it but I did not have enough $$ to buy a S&W 617.
So far it seems like a decend pistol for $350 OTD but I still need to tweak it front sight seems a tad to the left I think it is the nylon red insert not fixed portion.I go back to my HS 22 pistol for woods packing....Tried & true...
ask Cricket Dave how tight the action was on it :eek:

Last edited:
I’ve never been a big fan of Taurus. Few years back my dad bought a Taurus 94 9-shot .22 slightly used at a good price. Figured it was worth a shot. He hasn’t had any issues with it yet and I actually bought the same gun to use as a loaner revolver/bang around gun. Haven’t had any issues with it yet. I will say it will most likely be the only Taurus I buy. Decent gun for what I paid, but that’s about it. I don’t think I’d ever carry a Taurus as a defensive firearm, from 2 or 4 legged critters, but that’s just my opinion. Taurus triggers are extremely heavy and take some getting used to until they're broken in. Pretty tight as TTD mentioned.

I looked for a good deal on a 617, but the price for what you get is pretty steep IMO. Nice gun though.

If Ruger wants to bury S&W in the .22 pistol market they need to release the SP101 in a 8-10 shot .22 with adjustable sights. The old SP101s in .22 weren’t hot items, but then again, ammo was cheap back then. Shoot .38 all day. In the .22 revolver arena, you don't have a lot of options.

I wanted a good revolver in 22lr and I looked all over for a Ruger DA,no dice....I'd say if your Taurus 94 is doing good then your ok...mine just sucked right out of the box.
I could of purchased a Ruger MKIII but I wanted a Revolver...

Back