1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Gym knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Nocturnal13, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
    I don't carry a knife to the gym. I do have a CS Mini AK47 that is always in the car.

Nocturnal13 and DocJD like this.
  2. Matthew Lytle

Matthew Lytle

Jul 31, 2019
    That's a very good point. I tend to just throw it in my pocket whenever I leave the house. It hasn't gotten much use at the gym, but it certainly doesn't get in my way at all

3. wickettedge

wickettedge Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I’ve stopped carrying pocket knives to the gym, I really feel I get a better workout with swords.

But hey, that’s just me.

[​IMG]

4. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    The vid in #43 would make more sense with a rifle and bayonet. He could get ripped quicker.

FullMetalJackass likes this.
  5. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Ahh yes... the Garand Slam workout. Great stuff.

I don't carry a knife in the gym. But if I were so inclined, the Bugout is thin, light and has the deep carry clip.

I'd carry that I suppose.

6. stabman

stabman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Whatever knife I was carrying to work that day.

I head straight to the gym after work and just wear the same clothes, carry the same wallet, and the same knife (knives).
    Throw a few things in the locker, like coats if it's winter, but I ain't taking the bus home, leaving stuff there, grabbing another bus and wasting a bunch of time. It's just go there after work, get it done, then go home. :)

Nocturnal13 likes this.
  7. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    0476D1F7-6090-401B-865D-7D95D83175A6.jpeg 4DEC98AE-C78E-4A8E-9643-5CE882D5396B.jpeg I belong to Athletics Anonymous. When I get an urge to exercise, I call a friend to have a drink with me until the urge passes. If I had to bring a knife with me to the gym, I would stick a 55gm William Henry B-15 into the placket of my polo shirt.

8. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    "In the shower or in the pool with family" is when you might most desperately need a knife ! :p

BenchCo Spydermade likes this.
  9. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    I haven't been to a gym in at least 45 years . But, if I had to do that to work up a sweat , I'd take this along :

[​IMG]

Nocturnal13 and "Verbal" Kint like this.
  10. HeathHall

HeathHall

May 11, 2005
    A "Jim Bowie" of course.

(I can't take credit as this was the response to the same topic years ago.)

Pomsbz and DocJD like this.
  11. Houlahound

Houlahound

Aug 2, 2017
    If my gym staff saw a knife in the gym SWAT would be called immediately and a police sniper would take you out before you knew what was happening.

12. 353

353 Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Yes that one and the Native 5 LW S110V is what I carry when wearing shorts with no pockets.

And also I'm totally in the "no knife in the gym" camp. If I ever need a knife when doing my workout there will be a knife in/on my casual pants in my gym bag. That is gonna have to do..

Nocturnal13, jstn and unwisefool like this.
  13. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    I've got 3 or 4 that would work perfectly, specifically the Bugout, Para 3 LW or DF Salt.

Nocturnal13 likes this.
  14. "Verbal" Kint

"Verbal" Kint

Jul 10, 2019
    Cold Steel Drop Forged Push Knife...

15. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Any particular reason why?

I only ask because I have gone back and forth on the issue that I show up to my gym and park in a dark lot before 4am. The gym backs up to our neighborhood, which is nice, but also touches borders with some rental properties. Its located in a strip mall that has seen better days. I guess I could be considered a target for someone.

However, i don't really worry too much about that at all. I'm parking in the front row that is about 20' from the door. I'm not a huge guy, but I'm 5'10 and a solid 205lbs so not exactly a soft mark. I don't have anything to rob me of. Maybe my phone, but i don't carry anything nice or whiz-bang.

The irony of carrying a knife to the gym is that I would be the most valuable thing on my person:D

BenchCo Spydermade likes this.
  16. BenchCo Spydermade

BenchCo Spydermade

Feb 10, 2014
    The small weights are like brass knuckles!

17. PirateSeulb

PirateSeulb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2017
    Maybe he just wants to get cut and not ripped

Billy The Blade likes this.
  18. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    What's up with those zipties in your spydie hole?

gotgoat and craytab like this.
  19. Mikel_24

Mikel_24

Sep 19, 2007
    I don't carry a knife on me while in the gym, does not make sense (again, for ME). But I do carry a knife permantenly in the gym bag (which stays in the locker). So if I ever need something cut, I just go to the locker and cut it. But if you want to carry one while squating, deadlifting or benchpressing heavy, be my guest!

Nocturnal13 and jux t like this.
  20. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Aids in opening and enhances the appearance . ;)