Gym knives

But that's different than what you would be wearing and doing in a gym.

That's a very good point. I tend to just throw it in my pocket whenever I leave the house. It hasn't gotten much use at the gym, but it certainly doesn't get in my way at all

I’ve stopped carrying pocket knives to the gym, I really feel I get a better workout with swords.

But hey, that’s just me.

ObedientImpracticalFreshwatereel-size_restricted.gif

The vid in #43 would make more sense with a rifle and bayonet. He could get ripped quicker.

Ahh yes... the Garand Slam workout. Great stuff.

I don't carry a knife in the gym. But if I were so inclined, the Bugout is thin, light and has the deep carry clip.

I'd carry that I suppose.

Whatever knife I was carrying to work that day.

I head straight to the gym after work and just wear the same clothes, carry the same wallet, and the same knife (knives).
Throw a few things in the locker, like coats if it's winter, but I ain't taking the bus home, leaving stuff there, grabbing another bus and wasting a bunch of time. It's just go there after work, get it done, then go home. :)

If my gym staff saw a knife in the gym SWAT would be called immediately and a police sniper would take you out before you knew what was happening.

Native 5 Salt is perfect for the gym, cycling, running, etc.!

Yes that one and the Native 5 LW S110V is what I carry when wearing shorts with no pockets.

And also I'm totally in the "no knife in the gym" camp. If I ever need a knife when doing my workout there will be a knife in/on my casual pants in my gym bag. That is gonna have to do..

Cold Steel Drop Forged Push Knife...

Any particular reason why?

I only ask because I have gone back and forth on the issue that I show up to my gym and park in a dark lot before 4am. The gym backs up to our neighborhood, which is nice, but also touches borders with some rental properties. Its located in a strip mall that has seen better days. I guess I could be considered a target for someone.

However, i don't really worry too much about that at all. I'm parking in the front row that is about 20' from the door. I'm not a huge guy, but I'm 5'10 and a solid 205lbs so not exactly a soft mark. I don't have anything to rob me of. Maybe my phone, but i don't carry anything nice or whiz-bang.

The irony of carrying a knife to the gym is that I would be the most valuable thing on my person:D

True. I'll carry a knife to church, but not to the gym. I hate stuff in my gym shorts. If I need something, I can always pick up a 25 lb weight and smash something with it! lol

I do have a SAK on my keychain, so I guess that counts.
The small weights are like brass knuckles!

I don't carry a knife on me while in the gym, does not make sense (again, for ME). But I do carry a knife permantenly in the gym bag (which stays in the locker). So if I ever need something cut, I just go to the locker and cut it. But if you want to carry one while squating, deadlifting or benchpressing heavy, be my guest!

Back