H.I. Kothimoda Katana Raffle for 8/9

Karda, sorry to ask a newb question. But should I send payment as a gift or for goods ? Would like to get 1 ticket maybe 2 if I my finances allow.

Karda, sorry to ask a newb question. But should I send payment as a gift or for goods ? Would like to get 1 ticket maybe 2 if I my finances allow.
Goods. We don't want to cause any trouble because of the gifting.

I thought so but wanted to be certain. Payment sent to Himimp@aol.com for an entry. I get paid on thursday, so if there are entries still available I may get another. Thanks for this chance to add to my HI collection.

I thought so but wanted to be certain. Payment sent to Himimp@aol.com for an entry. I get paid on thursday, so if there are entries still available I may get another. Thanks for this chance to add to my HI collection.

I'll email your number as soon as i've confirmed with Auntie.
Unless a credit card needs to be run, payments by paypal should be sent to my paypal addy. Otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose of having me run these. Please be sure to read the instructions folks.

I don't think I own an real item of silver.
Doesn't silver oxidize?
I'm wondering, if there are any other Kothimoda knife owners out there, how difficult it would be to keep this gorgeous piece looking good, especially considering all the texture in the scabbard?

Since the industrial revolution introduced trace amounts of sulfur into the air Silver will now tarnish over time.

Polishing it is rather easy though.

I don't think I own an real item of silver.
Doesn't silver oxidize?
I'm wondering, if there are any other Kothimoda knife owners out there, how difficult it would be to keep this gorgeous piece looking good, especially considering all the texture in the scabbard?

Yes, it will tarnish over time. I usually take my kothimoda out once a year to polish it up. I've used Nev-R- Dull very lightly, but most any product for cleaning silver should work. I don't usually worry alot about the nooks and crannys, as when these tarnish they make the polished parts stand out more in relief.

Thanks Karda. Feeling better about the new maintenance chore (should I win).
Paypal payment sent to you.

2910rkj.jpg

A kothimoda katana scabbard does take about three times as long to polish as a kothimoda khukuri, but it's time well spent.:thumbup:

Back