H.I. Kothimoda Katana Raffle for 8/9

Karda,, I think deep down you really meant to call out the #9.. Are you 100% sure you meant 27.. It was really #9 wasn't it.. look deeply into your screen... #9, #9,, #9,, Deeply in to your screen.... #9... Now just click on edit and repost #9........

Don't sweat it, Pete. I'm sure there'll be another Kothimanda Katana for $25 in no time at all. That is, never. :(

-- Dave

I'm happy to say that last week I received the "regular" katana with the koa wood handle, and it's a beauty. I've worked with koa before and I plan to polish this handle until it glows in the dark. (Not the best thing for "grippiness," perhaps, but this is not exactly a "user.")

Now all I need is a book or tutorial on how to handle a katana, or at least look like you know how. It seems so easy in the Toshiro Mifune movies. One thing immediately obvious is that you don't want to be swinging this 36" sword indoors. And you need to be aware of the location of all your limbs (and everyone else's limbs) when swinging it.

Last edited:
You must be crazy. Nothing like that gets done around here without a complimentary boxie (how many of you know that term or where it comes from). I see no boxie. ;) :D

Your right, I have no idea what a boxie is.. You better believe that I'll know for next time around though!!! :) Congrats to the lucky winner.. You have a beautiful Katana coming your way. Use it, or display it proudly...

Back