Has there been talk of a Maxamet Military?

Just barely towards the back of the grove. Definitely in the ballpark though.
I agree. Just carried it today. It's at the back of the finger groove.

It's way lighter than the full ti version due to the cf scale. But yea it's a long knaf. I dunno how it compares to standard g10 liner lock version as surprisingly haven't tried it yet.

I agree. Just carried it today. It's at the back of the finger groove.

It's way lighter than the full ti version due to the cf scale. But yea it's a long knaf. I dunno how it compares to standard g10 liner lock version as surprisingly haven't tried it yet.

“Eh, then that is something we shall have to remedy.”
-William Wallace

Last edited:
Reactions: Mo2
Sorry to be absent. Maxamet is a "muttha" to work with, as you know. It's expesive, time consuming and there is fall out. We're currently assessing the situation to figure out what we can and cannot do with it.

sal
Now that the above has been said, I wanted to post this quote here in case anyone searched this topic and was relying on this thread as being relevant.

Sal,
I know that it is likely too early to speak on the topic, but is there still hope for a Maxamet Military?

As you can see from this thread, there are a few folks interested, and I am sure there are many more that would jump at the chance for a longer bladed Maxamet option

Post #3 in the link below is why I am holding out hope.
Here, google is your friend. ;) This took 2 seconds to find.

https://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtopic.php?t=75715

While I think a Maxamet Millie would be met with a lot of enthusiasm and buyers, I seriously doubt anybody will see one within the next few years. It does not appear to be in the catalog and given the issues Spyderco has had with Maxamet in its little brother, the PM2, I would be shocked to see one. Frankly, I am not sure Spyderco is even at the point where they could make one even if they wanted to.

At this point I'd be surprised if there's another Maxamet anything beyond what's already in production.

While I think a Maxamet Millie would be met with a lot of enthusiasm and buyers, I seriously doubt anybody will see one within the next few years. It does not appear to be in the catalog and given the issues Spyderco has had with Maxamet in its little brother, the PM2, I would be shocked to see one. Frankly, I am not sure Spyderco is even at the point where they could make one even if they wanted to.
While the PM2 is generally considered the Military's little brother, the PM3 uses the same thickness blade stock as the Military, and the PM2 does not.

This is what led me to believe that the Military might still be an option.

While the PM2 is generally considered the Military's little brother, the PM3 uses the same thickness blade stock as the Military, and the PM2 does not.

This is what led me to believe that the Military might still be an option.
Interesting. I just learned something new. :)

if they make a maxamet military i really hope its a titanium RIL framelock with peel ply carbonfiber show side. id buy it today right now.

i havent heard anything about it if so. where did Sal say it was in going to eventually happen?

Still waiting!

I'm not interested in Rex45. Meh

I have a Cruwear fluted Ti.

So I'm waiting for Maxamet

Imagine..... A Maxamet Native Chief :eek::cool:

I'd be all over the Military if it came with configurable clip positions. I Just don't care for tip down carry. Maybe I just need to get one and buy a set of scales for it..

Rex 45 would be my first choice of current/past steels.

Im in for two if they do it. I like the color of the gray g10 also

Yeah, there is something wrong with this picture

hgE20o.jpg

Back