Hate for serrated knives?

Best of both worlds?
There's also a new full size Sprint version out.

$%28KGrHqJ,!rIFG,jPqW0CBRu00FkEdg~~60_12.JPG

serrations never seemed to accomplish anything for me besides destroying whatever im trying to cut

serrations never seemed to accomplish anything for me besides destroying whatever im trying to cut

A good serration doesn't act like a saw though. A good, sharp, serrated blade acts more like a bunch of hawkbills, one right after another. Serrations are supposed to cut, not tear. For me, they work really well on a small knife, since they give a lot more edge length without increasing the blade length. However, I prefer plain edges, mostly because I can't sharpen a serrated knife as easily. But still, try a good and sharp serrated edge! They cut a lot faster through cardboard and rope and such. They can even whittle a stick and such.

Sorry if I handed you my misono sujihiki youdsay otherwise.

Serrated knives are for wood/rope.

Protiens like meat are best cut with slicers. My polished slicer/sujihiki doesn't even feel the meat I cut. Using a serrated knife would tear the meat fiber.

I feel like I'm speaking to cavemen.

I guess as a chef who slices meat for living doesn't know what I'm talking about huh

i also disagree about the cardboard. in my experience, serrations give a lot more places for the cardboard to bind up and slow down a cut.

Actually because of this thread, I've decided "man things" are for suckers, so I'm going to go grind serrations into all my plain edge blades.

I prefer the plain edge.

Although it may be that my technique is lacking,
I find that resharpened serrations generally look like crap.

Different people have different needs. It's unfortunate that some think their preference is optimum for everyone.

i love fully serrated blades, i think they are really cool, and ive found them to be fine for EDC. it depends on the model, but some knives just look best fully serrated, like the spyderco police as mentioned.

lately ive been carrying a full serrated Cold Steel Hold Out 2, and i love it. it looks so wicked. i used to EDC a full serrated spyderco military for a long time too and never had any problems with it.

i think they give the knife a more aggressive look in my opinion but they dont always look good depends on the design of the blade!

Love em most of the time. unless they are on a survival knife. Can't sharpen/baton with them. But they are great on pocket knives. I can actually sharpen them easier than I can a straight edge. Full serrations I don't think would be ideal. But partial is great, especially out side work like land scaping.

Back