Have you ever dropped your knife?

Several times I nearly dropped it on my bare foot. After a few close calls, I get more careful about a firm grip. You can be sure I get the hell out of the way when it falls.

I actually dropped my Zt0920 yesterday. I was getting out of the car and I was flipping it not paying attention. It flew out of my hand somehow and landed tip down on the concrete. Luckily it was fine and no chips or scratches but I contemplated catching it for a milisecond then came to my senses. Cpm 20cv holds up pretty well I guess haha.

I need to work on sharpening techniques for a recurve blade. I have an Augustus I'd like to be able to sharpen as well.

...Has anyone tried to catch an open falling knife? I just watched them fall in horror.
Yes, I dropped a fixed blade inside a retail store and tried to catch it. I bought it unfortunately afterwards. Lots of blood....

I find it disturbing how many people in this thread admit to fidgit flipping knives. Especially while driving and walking.

It is just not smart. Sorry if I hurt any feelings, but that is kid stuff. If you need a fidgit spinner get one. Don’t use a deadly weapon / tool.
Even though you hurt my feelings a little bit it is true, driving while fidgeting is kids stuff.
I agree with you because when I was child I used to fidget occasionally with my folding knife while playing video games:oops::D.If you do anything that distracts you from driving with your full attention
it will likely make your visual reaction time slower,and if you cut yourself while driving....
oh boy!,talk about being in a sticky situation.(pun intended)

That’s called reflexes!
I appreciate the compliment,@Frank Perricone :)..I'd like to share this story with you..
p9wIZKw.jpg

Jeez, who would think it would do that from such a short distance. Must have been a real sharp machete with a good amount of weight.
It really wasn't that sharp. That's what surprised me the most. Originally, I thought it was dull enough that if you were to swing it at my arm I didn't think it would even break my skin. I definitely was wrong about that, hahaha.

Last edited:
I dropped a pristine Holt Specter on concrete, marring the handle and the blade. I used that as an excuse to send it off to Holt and have it reanodized to the colors I always wanted.
mJyxbVG.jpg

Back