Hawk and Knife Combos...

BK2 and Hawk a.jpg
Coal Creek Forge Jack Hawk and Becker BK2

Masters a.jpg
Two Hawks Warbeast and CS Trail Master

Cold Steel group.jpg
CS Trailmaster and SRK, Recon Scout, Trailmaster, Gurkha Kukri

Last edited:
Bill Care to share about the 2 Hawks Warbeast? How do you like it compared to others? I have it on my short list...

Brian,

The Warbeast is a good chopper and definitely a step up as a chopper from my Longhunter. The Warbeast was a present and something I probably would not have ever purchased for myself as I am really into tactical hawks but having beast in its name is certainly appropriate. Whatever this thing hits it destroys. As I have said before, you best also be careful and pay attention while handling it. It's sharp everywhere and will reach out and bite you!

I have never used it on steel or car doors but I have no doubt the steel will hold up to anything. You can chop until your blisters get blisters and the edge stays out of the box new.

I wish I could post pictures because I have the C.S. Laredo in CarbonV and the Busse Anneversary Straight Handle Battle Mistress LE and a Nuclear Meltdown Fussion Steel Heart, some Fallkniven my Njord and A-1, a John Bradley World's Finest Camp Knife which is a beautiful match with my 2Hawks Warbeast and my Skookum Bush Tool, my Rodent 9 and R 7, my Bark River Golok and the Bravo 1, 1 1/2, and the Bravo 2 and my Custom I helped to design a 3V 6" blade full flat zero grind with a Rocky Mountain Pattern handle but my go to knife that I enjoy using with both my 2Hawks Warbeast or my Trapper Double Bit Hatchet is my Custom modified Rodent 6 which I had thinned down and the top gaurd taken off and now it look's like a beefy Ratmandu on steriods, one of my Fav's always was my Ratmandu, but now I have ine in a 6 3/8" blade the work the Custom Shop did at Swamp Rat you can't tell it was a Rodent 6 it not only lightened it up but also made it a better slicer where tge too gaurd was that area allows my hand to chop better with a snap and also how my thumb is placed when I bare down to drill a bow drill, the three sharpened edges on my 2Hawks Warbeast not only aids on the bite but it's easier to pull the Hawk out of wood, as far as esthetics go I guess my John Bradley World's Finest Camp Knife matches the nicest because both the wood handle marches nice (desert ironwood) but both blades are bkued, my Fox Hitam Golok is close because of the type of coating tgey put on the Hitam Golok but with rubber handle that is black the John Bradley is a natural match, but as far as my go to my modified Swamp Rat Rodent 6 is my Fav. it slices curl's nice the saber vex grind baton's and for that size blade being a little robust but very well balanced it chop's as good as some of my larger knives that handle for me is very comfortable and when I bare down on the tip it all clicks together, my Hawk also adds to my enjoyment it's heavy enough to make it a great camp tool but tge way it was designed it bites and retracts so much better than the Voyager that it actually was worth the price, so my Fav combo I would have to say my 2Hawks Warbeast and my modified Swamp Rat Rodent 6.

Hi Guys, you guys know how to live, these are some beautiful combos of Knives and Hawks, first let me state I'm not very handy to modify my knives and hawks so I buy gear that is eye candy and I'm sort of a steel snub too, when I bought my C.S. Laredo Bowie I thought how beautuful, right up my alley, CarbonV and Cocobolo Handle what can guy ask for, well I found out the Cocobolo was veneer, and the tang was a wire tang, ouch, so I found a good line of knives, so far my go to are my Swamp Rat Knives, I just had a Rodent 6 Customized at the Swamp Rat Custom Shop I needed a 6" field knife for the summer, I would want a lite chopper, and occasionally I enjoy batoning, but I like a sharp knife that will hold a keen edge and it had to be strong, so I had my Rodent 6 thinned down and the top gaurd taken off this reduced the weight and raised the relief edge still acceptable to baton with but also a good slicer for a robust knife, what was done to the knife reduced it's weight so my summer lite gear consists of the Wicked Tough Saw my 2Hawks Warbeast which with the three sharp edges makes it a extremely lite Hawk that bites deep and easy to extract it back out of the wood, and ofcource my new modified Rodent 6 what bothers me and because I always liked the CarbonV Steel I got almost a complete line of Becker's I found out at zknives.com that the 1095 CroVan was the same as the CarbonV Mr. Becker was able to continue with having his Camillus Becker's made with the same steel which back then it was called 0170-6C Camillus also made all C.S. U.S.A. made knives in that steel Ka-Bar continued making Becker's and their knives now with the same steel but it's called 1095 CroVan that made me switch ships but being a sort of steel snub I started a nice 2Hawks collection because of the 6150 Carbon the Hawks are made from, summer is here and I'm going lighter so my combo is the Mod. Rodent 6 and the 2Hawks Warbeast also I add my Wicked Tough Saw, maybe finding this out allowed me to up-grade and not be charged alot, I do own Busse's and Randall's but my go to is wha t I have mentioned, but some of the combos are eye candy to me, Thanx for sharing Guy's.

IMG_1399v01.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_0576.v01.jpg

Smith,

Outstanding collection and excellent photos! When people take the time and thought to take pics like that you know they have the fever.

How do you like your Longhunter? I use mine all the time and love it.

Hey Paul'ie.......welcome. Just a little tip.....use a few more periods and break your posts into para graphs. Makes for much easier reading on longer posts. Again......welcome and enjoy the forums!

Smith,

Outstanding collection and excellent photos! When people take the time and thought to take pics like that you know they have the fever.

How do you like your Longhunter? I use mine all the time and love it.

The Longhunter has become one of the most valued tools in my kit. It goes with me on all my nature walks.

Say Heah Guys, Beautiful, Simply TiT's Guys, Nice Combos, I just got a Estwing Double Bit Hatchet actually yesterday (9-6) I was so impressed with my Ka-Bar Johnson Adventure Potbelly and the Parangatang, But I wanted another Double Bit to team it with my Potbelly, Yeah, it's a bit heavy, and not as comfortable as my 2Hawks Double Bit Hatchet as far as a on person carry, But it looks very promising, like all Estwings, it's built like a tank, Yeah, I certainly would recommand it, The sheath is a heavy nylon and looks pretty good, Yeah, lemme put it through its paces and I'll let you know, ,

I get lucky, well close, but a sort of error landed me my 2nd INFIMANDU which is a INFI RatManDu, This way I can pair both off one with my Anneversary Straight Handle Battle Mistress LE and the 2nd one with my Nuclear Meltdown Fussion Steel Heart, This way my lite carry my Sarge 7 will be paired off with my Son of Badger. My Anneversary Mean Street LE can be added with any combo, But that Logger is Simply TiT's, , , I heard it might be discontinued ? Boy you made a great investment there, , ,

Simply TiT's, Wow that right there is about close to $1000.00 very nice indeed, , ,

Closer to $500 total. But to me they are worth twice that. Two of the very best performing tools I have. By the way... This thread is F'N awesome. Everyone needs to keep adding to it.

The Loggerhead is discontinued, as of June 30th. I ordered one the last day, and they are expecting the last batch to go out in mid-december. They said they will probably still put them up maybe once a year, they just won't be up all the time. That will be my first RMJ.

My favorite that I have would be a KDSH and BAe

Riz, do you use it, My 2Hawks are made out of 6150 Carbon Steel, first their forged then machined, But Yeah, You do have a great set, I was leary to go with the 3V I think it chips easoer, That's why I really love my Swampies, But so is the INFI Steel. I'm not that familiar with the 4160 though, it's not made by Krupp is it ?

Im not sure who made the steel for the RMJ. I think its 4140. Its an excellent little wood processor and splits very well. As far as the 5.1, I have had excellent results with 3V. I love it. It is my favorite knife steel. I dont "hard use" my stuff. I see no reason to intentionally beat the shit out of my tools. They get used for outdoor activites. I do feel they would survive a SHTF scenario if i meeded them too, but i a hunter and fisherman and my stuff is used in that setting.

Yup, good point, I don't beat up my tool's either, But I know my stuff will take it, like you said in the SHTF scenario. Yeah, every time I want to pull the trigger on the Survive Knives their out of them in the size I want, So I almost completed my Swamp Rat Collection I have the Newer Rodents starting with the Rodent 3 to the Rodent 9 and the Rucki and I just got the RatWeiler, Like I said, I went with the 2Hawk as my Hawks, my WarBeast is awesome, Swamp Rat also has some nice Hawks, I just don't get into the Tactical Styles as much, since I do Bush Craft anything from just having a hot cup of coffee on the open fire to some scouting and then outings with the guys, Yeah, I will get some Survive Knives since they are high on my wanna, wanna list, , ,

Back