HDMC: Heavy Duty Medium Chopper!

Also sandblasted the Ti hardware and will throw on this knife sometime this weekend.
iY5kVhP.jpg

The HDMC feels very weight forward, more so than the BC. It actually feels heavier than the BC, but not sure if it actually is. The MC feels like such a pip squeek compared to this HDMC now.
My impressions pretty much mirror yours brother. Haven’t had the chance to chop some chit yet, but it sure feels like it’s going to hit HARD. I really dig the more substantial, weight forward feel of the HD, but we’ll see how I feel about that extra meat when I have to hump it a good distance. First impressions..I’m
In love!

My impressions pretty much mirror yours brother. Haven’t had the chance to chop some chit yet, but it sure feels like it’s going to hit HARD. I really dig the more substantial, weight forward feel of the HD, but we’ll see how I feel about that extra meat when I have to hump it a good distance. First impressions..I’m
In love!

Me too! The MC has been a great knife to throw in the backpack and hump a few miles into the woods. I don't reckon the HDMC will be that much heavier. I haven't taken the BC out yet, but have used it a ton at work clearing weeds, briars, sagebrush and cottonwood trees.

^^^Jonny, I no longer have a scale, and I am apparently to lazy to buy another one, But the HDMC does seem to weigh slightly more. Can't recall the weight initially Nathan posted (Believe the HDMC was suppose to weigh 23.2 ounces with a .25 blade thickness), and of course these were finished at .275!
My guess is the BC still weighs slightly more at 24.5 ounces

(But as usual I reserve the right to be WRONG):p

Regardless I really, really like them;)

Last edited:
^^^Jonny, I no longer have a scale, and I am apparently to lazy to buy another one, But the HDMC does seem to weigh slightly more. Can't recall the weight initially Nathan posted (Believe the HDMC was suppose to weigh 23.2 ounces with a .25 blade thickness), and of course these were finished at .275! My guess is the BC still weighs slightly more

(But as usual I reserve the right to be WRONG):p

Regardless I really, really like them;)

I think I remember the same, that the BC was supposed to weigh more. The heavy chopper feels very weight forward, when the BC feels more balanced.

Back