Help me decide guys: 940 or Super Freek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you now own a used Super Freek, why not grab a 940 and be able to compare them head to head?
Great advice. Another quality knife cannot be a bad thing!

And hey, maybe the guy didn't do anything to his knife. Lots of folks on the internet like to blow smoke I hear. That said, A AnimalM4 should know that returning a knife once used is not a practice that will make you friends around here. He's new, so maybe this could be a learning moment.

What nobody else has said here, and I think absolutely needs mentioning, is that if you've had the Super Freek for a week and have used and carried it (and sharpened it, and changed the clip on it) you should absolutely NOT be sending it back! o_O Holy crap, you don't get to try out knives for an extended period. :poop: You buy it and you use it, then you sell it here as lightly used if you don't like it. You don't send it back to the dealer dude. :thumbsdown:

And for crying out loud, don't pry and baton with a folding knife! :rolleyes:

Oh please, that's nonsense. I got it off Amazon, sharpened the factory edge (without changing the angle) with a fine stone and only stropped it. I can put the original clip back on. It's not like the sky is falling or I'll have a "hard time going to sleep with a dirty conscience". That's all just speculation. Other places wouldn't allow me to return a used knife and that's cool and all (I wouldn't order from there) but Amazon has a good return policy and there's no reason not to take advantage of it. Plenty of people are VERY willing to spend on a used Benchmade knowing how high Benchmade already prices their knives at. Hell, I'm pretty sure a buyer would appreciate a hair popping Benchmade over one with a factory edge given that they don't have the proper skills or tools necessary.

I'm not out bushcrafting like other guys so a slimmer, lighter knife would be a lot more practical than something hogging my pocket. It's an awesome knife and if I had the money I'd keep it AND get the 940 but it is what it is. Sure, like others have said here, prying and batoning on a folder isn't the best idea and that's very realistic advice. I just like to know that it could withstand it.

Last edited:
Oh please, that's nonsense. I got it off Amazon, sharpened the factory edge (without changing the angle) with a fine stone and only stropped it. I can put the original clip back on. It's not like the sky is falling or I'll have a "hard time going to sleep with a dirty conscience". That's all just speculation. Other places wouldn't allow me to return a used knife and that's cool and all (I wouldn't order from there) but Amazon has a good return policy and there's no reason not to take advantage of it. Plenty of people are VERY willing to spend on a used Benchmade knowing how high Benchmade already prices their knives at. Hell, I'm pretty sure a buyer would appreciate a hair popping Benchmade over one with a factory edge given that they don't have the proper skills or tools necessary.
And that was the WRONG answer... :poop: You ARE indeed taking advantage of Amazon's generous return policy, and the result of people like you doing this will be the discontinuation of said generous policy. The knife is USED, and YOU SHOULD NOT RETURN IT! :thumbsdown:

And that was the WRONG answer... :poop: You ARE indeed taking advantage of Amazon's generous return policy, and the result of people like you doing this will be the discontinuation of said generous policy. The knife is USED, and YOU SHOULD NOT RETURN IT! :thumbsdown:

Guess I'll go do time behind bars for returning a used knife then. Amazon is a multi billion dollar company. You think Amazon is going to suffer from a knife getting returned? People buy things worth much more and still return them. They have a generous policy because they're making profits out the wazoo on the daily.

I'm not out bushcrafting like other guys so a slimmer, lighter knife would be a lot more practical than something hogging my pocket. It's an awesome knife and if I had the money I'd keep it AND get the 940 but it is what it is.
I'm confused by this answer.

Would you be happy to pay the price of a new knife for one that has been sharpened, used and returned? I expect not. So the seller (in this case, Amazon) then has to sell that returned used knife at a discount. You seem unconcerned when someone else has to take a financial loss due to your "taking advantage of" an overly generous return policy.
This attitude will influence who wants to deal with you in the future.

Guess I'll go do time behind bars for returning a used knife then. Amazon is a multi billion dollar company. You think Amazon is going to suffer from a knife getting returned? People buy things worth much more and still return them.
Doesn't make it any less wrong. You're totally missing (ignoring) the point and you know it.

Wow.
Sometimes it’s just impossible to discuss the knives and not the people.

I'm confused by this answer.

Would you be happy to pay the price of a new knife for one that has been sharpened, used and returned? I expect not. So the seller (in this case, Amazon) then has to sell that returned used knife at a discount. You seem unconcerned when someone else has to take a financial loss due to your "taking advantage of" an overly generous return policy.
This attitude will influence who wants to deal with you in the future.
What financial loss? Their profits outweigh a small financial loss. If Amazon was really suffering, they'd change their return policy in a heartbeat. For every person that makes a mountain out of a mole hill, there's another person who doesn't care. Last time I heard "your attitude will influence who wants to deal with you in the future" was back in highschool when everybody was trying to fit in.

No, I just think you're exaggerating.

What financial loss? Their profits outweigh a small financial loss.

It's clear that you really, truly just don't get it.

Wow.
Sometimes it’s just impossible to discuss the knives and not the people.
Yes, quite difficult when there's a situation like this.

It really is especially when you got someone out there trying to set their moral code out for everyone else to fall in line and obey.
It's called ethics dude. Maybe one day you'll get it. :rolleyes:

It's clear that you really, truly just don't get it.

Yes, quite difficult when there's a situation like this.

It's called ethics dude. Maybe one day you'll get it. :rolleyes:
Man, ethics are different for everybody. There will always be controversy. I'm not going to lose sleep over the ethics of a knife. There's bigger things in life to worry about.

What financial loss? Their profits outweigh a small financial loss. If Amazon was really suffering, they'd change their return policy in a heartbeat. For every person that makes a mountain out of a mole hill, there's another person who doesn't care. Last time I heard "your attitude will influence who wants to deal with you in the future" was back in highschool when everybody was trying to fit in.
Nice edit. :rolleyes: Stop trying to justify it. You know it's wrong.

Double wow.
On the other hand, of this thread is a troll attempt, I will give you a single golf-clap for effort.
No troll attempt here, just keeping it real no differently than the other guy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. He's just trolling himself.

Man, ethics are different for everybody. There will always be controversy. I'm not going to lose sleep over the ethics of a knife. There's bigger things in life to worry about.
It's pretty black and white, actually. There's right, and then there's wrong. Sending this knife back after using it for a week, sharpening it, and changing the pocket clip IS WRONG! :poop: This may seem like a small thing, but that's how it starts.

It's pretty black and white, actually. There's right, and then there's wrong. Sending this knife back after using it for a week, sharpening it, and changing the pocket clip IS WRONG! :poop: This may seem like a small thing, but that's how it starts.
You going 5 over the speed limit yesterday is wrong. Are we really gonna beat ourselves up over petty things? Amazon still going to make money off of me ordering a different knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back