Help needed finding rough rider small stockman

It's still on the way. I got them both shipped by December 15th, unfortunately that didn't leave enough time. So, Barclay's sister got an IOU. It should be there this week.

Alan

Thank you very much. That helps immeasurably after a tough holiday season. The best present one can receive is to be appreciated. This experience has been a fun trip. I have new friends. Happy New Year.

Alan

So did little sister ever get her knife?

Funny you should ask. When I last posted on Dec. 27th the tracking said it was still on its way. I emailed Barclay and surprise he said he had received several days before. I'm glad he got it in time, just disappointed that I hadn't heard from him. The important thing was that Santa made it in time.

Alan

It's poor that he didn't bother informing you when he got them, basic courtesy. Very decent of you to do all this Alan, most considerate.

Thanks, Will

It's really ok, I felt good helping him and I'm sure he just ran into some problems. We all know how hectic the holidays can be.

Alan

It's poor that he didn't bother informing you when he got them, basic courtesy.

I agree Will, particularly in the circumstances, disappointing the guy has not posted since then too. I have to say that rather than appeal to a community I was not part of, on the other side of the world, for help getting my sister's Xmas present, only shortly before the holiday, I'd have simply ordered one of the numerous alternative RR knives readily available here in the UK. But hey, that's just me :rolleyes:

It's really ok, I felt good helping him and I'm sure he just ran into some problems. We all know how hectic the holidays can be.

You're a good man Alan, I'm sure it was a busy time for you too :thumbup:

It's all good, I agree but let's not jump to conclusions, yet.

Alan

It's all good, I agree but let's not jump to conclusions, yet.

No conclusions other than that you are a kind and warm-hearted gent with impeccable manners :thumbup:

I must resurrect this thread. Who knew when I decided to help out a fellow forumite that I would profit from it in more than pure gratification. Look what I found in my mailbox today. Barclay responded without my knowledge. He is a class act. A really nice Rough Rider stockman and three fine examples of British numismatics. The one shilling is a year off my birth so it will become my lucky piece. Thanks again Barclay my friend. Regards to all, Alan

I'm glad to hear of this, a very nice gesture. Interesting coins and a fine Stockman, I think the OP should start posting here too.

Regards, Will

A nice gesture Joe :thumbup: I have a large pot of old English coins sitting next to my desk, and thought I'd see what I had there. The first coin I pulled out was a 1947 Shilling, and the second coin was a 1949 Shilling! So, if you want to PM me and address, I think I have your birth year covered ;) :thumbup:

Thank you very much, the generosity and friendliness here is amazing. I sent you an email. Thanks again, Alan

And once again the generosity of the porch has triumphed. :thumbup: To all my friends on the Porch you are the best!

Thanks for the e-mail Alan, I'll be down to the Post Office after the weekend :thumbup:

I'll warn you, Royal Mail can be kind of 'sedate'! :eek: ;) :D :thumbup:

Hi guys

Long time no post I know but Alan sent me an email that he had received my package and had posted about it here so I thought I should look in and see how thing where.

I know it was quite rude not to post here after making the request that I did, but I had a few things happen to both myself and my family just before Christmas that carried on into the last few months that left me with very little free time.

I don't what to use this as an excuss for my behavior or discuss the details though Alan is aware of them through our correspondence though I think we've all been there at some point in our lives.

Back