HI Black Friday Sales

EMS on Seax and Chitlangi Fingers crossed!

Chitlangi's are so cool! That one is exceptionally beautiful. Grats Aero:thumbup:

Done Deal on the Katunje,...

SG, you're going to love the Katunje, they are sweet! Also, thanks for the kind words with regards to the Tamang!

I got a mystery gift in the mail with another knife I bought and I think it is a Katunje? Thanks Aunti Yangdu! Your the best! Arjune is making stuff for HI now but dont know what his mark is? Anyone know? Really nice knife and the weight and balance is exceptional. It even has engravings on the spine.

Sorry, Bawanna. Bought and paid for.

Thank you Mr.T sir! I almost bought that thing about three times. Grats! Really cool and a steal at that price:thumbup:

I got a mystery gift in the mail with another knife I bought and I think it is a Katunje? Thanks Aunti Yangdu! Your the best! Arjune is making stuff for HI now but dont know what his mark is? Anyone know? Really nice knife and the weight and balance is exceptional. It even has engravings on the spine.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Ugly Villager from 2012 that was posted with Arjun as the kami. No "e" at the end of the name, but I'm pretty sure it's the same person as Arjune. The kami mark is a nicely done flower of some kind. The knife is well made, 16" OAL and 23 oz, a good length/weight for many purposes. Handle is one of the most comfortable that I've held.

View attachment 595930 View attachment 595931

Last edited:
Hey, Ndog. Same situation for me--almost bought it it was listed previously; just couldn't pass it up a third time for this price. Kids can do with fewer Christmas presents, right?

Hey, Ndog. Same situation for me--almost bought it it was listed previously; just couldn't pass it up a third time for this price. Kids can do with fewer Christmas presents, right?
Yeah. Kids are getting older now so surely they would understand eh? Uh....wait a minute. so are the grandkids? Guess I better be good:rolleyes:

Here you go ndog. Got my Katunje in yesterday, which is definitely made by Arjune. Here's his mark.

And I know I and others were wondering how close the Yangdu Special is to being a Baby Tamang. It's pretty darn close. The blade has just a bit more curve/drop, but only a couple degrees, and the handle on the Tamang is proportionally longer I think.

It got me thinking though: it seems like there's a knife missing in that picture. One between the Tamang and Katunje. So with that, I believe a 12" Tamang is going to be my next custom order :)

Yup! Thanks SG! Thats definitely what I got. Does yours have some script on the top of the spine? I havent tried to translate it yet but will soon. It does resemble the Tamang. Im thinking it would be nice if the handle had some drop like a Tamar DC or even something about that size like a mini Hanshee. Maybe we both need to do a custom of each. I try to avoid customs cause id be a basket case then trying to decide what I want? I do have ideas tho.

I don't try to avoid customs, cuz I have so many ideas that I'm not yet skilled enough to make myself :)

Mine does indeed have some script on the spine. Could be wrong, but I thought the script said Yangdu/Katunje? I think that was mentioned in the original thread where Bookie and Bawanna got theirs. It's 2:30AM here and I just woke up for a few minutes, I'll grab a pic of that and or look for the other thread in the morning.

I'm not sure the exact words but I'm sure it says Yangdu. Bookie knows for sure, he specifically requested it.
Guess they decided to put it on all of them. A nice touch.

Still no reply to EMS....is that normal?
Not normal however unfortunately a beloved Kami passed away recently and Mrs. Martino is probably busy having to deal with family matters. Please have patience. Id email her directly about it and see if it is still available. She will surely take good care of you as she usually does. She may have another in stock if this one is sold.

Chemmins,

It's possible that Auntie did not get your email. I'll let her know about your order.

I recently got a little Katunge and compared to my 13" version from one of the first runs, it's down right cute:) I had no idea they started marking them with Yangdu's name on the spine...neat!

As Paul Harvey would say, "Now for the rest of the story..." The truth about the Devanagari script on the spine of HI's Katunjes. I wanted a smallish khuk and decided to have a small one made. One such beastie was recalled from an early statement by Mrs. Martino about "her special knife". I enjoy blades with script on them and was thinking about what to have put on it. Then it hit me. U.B. is now on all HI blades in fond remembrance of "Uncle" Bill Martino. I thought "This is Yangdu's special knife, so her name needs to be on the Katunje, but on the spine, as U.B. will be on the side. She was flattered, but said that spot was reserved for the owner's name. I explained my reasoning and insisted her name be placed on it. Thus I got my wish and Bill & Yangdu are together once again. Thank you, Mrs. Martino.
7_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Chemmins,

Email me your mailing address , payment details and I will check my record.
I will make sure you get your knife.

Thank you for your patience

As Paul Harvey would say, "Now for the rest of the story..." The truth about the Devanagari script on the spine of HI's Katunjes. I wanted a smallish khuk and decided to have a small one made. One such beastie was recalled from an early statement by Mrs. Martino about "her special knife". I enjoy blades with script on them and was thinking about what to have put on it. Then it hit me. U.B. is now on all HI blades in fond remembrance of "Uncle" Bill Martino. I thought "This is Yangdu's special knife, so her name needs to be on the Katunje, but on the spine, as U.B. will be on the side. She was flattered, but said that spot was reserved for the owner's name. I explained my reasoning and insisted her name be placed on it. Thus I got my wish and Bill & Yangdu are together once again. Thank you, Mrs. Martino.
7_1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And the addendum to the story is Bookie thought enough of me to allow me to order it's twin at the same time. So I have the second Katunje bearing Yangdu's name to have and to hold long as I'm drawing air into my lungs.

Very special!

And the addendum to the story is Bookie thought enough of me to allow me to order it's twin at the same time. So I have the second Katunje bearing Yangdu's name to have and to hold long as I'm drawing air into my lungs.

Very special!

I think all Katunjes have her name on the spine. I know mine has something written there but I don't have that fancy book learnin to know what exactly it says. I'm having some trouble deciding whether I'll ever use it though. It's just too purdy to get all marked up.

Pyro, they do all have the name on the spine, but the ones Bookie and Bawanna got were the first 2 made. And as I just said on another post, Auntie Yangdu ain't no wall hanger! That blade was made to be loved but used :)

Back