HI Black Friday Sales

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Nov 27, 2015.

1. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    Aunt Yangdu surprised me with a katunje tucked in with one of my recent orders, a gift for Noah. He's not quite big enough to use it yet :D but the small handle will be great as a first khuk when he does get old enough to handle it responsibly.

Here's a picture of the little guy with his new knife. Don't worry- no tiny fingers were harmed in the taking of this photo! :):thumbup:

[​IMG]

2. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    That's way way cool. Great photo. Cute......I mean handsome devil.....

3. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    That is one cute kid you have there Phillll... Looks like he is sporting a full head of hair like his day. I bet he grows better whiskers when he gets older... I know its hard to believe that anyone could surpass Philll in the facial hair department, but I bet his son will have a masterpiece on his face by the time he is 20

4. CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS

Nov 21, 2015
    17.5 WWII is DD!

5. Bigbore577

Bigbore577

Jun 15, 2006
    Congrats Chemmins! Perseverance paid off!

6. CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS

Nov 21, 2015
    Thanks....be my first HI Khuk. I can already tell it won't be the last.....

7. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Well you couldn't have picked a better one for a first!
    ....depending on who you talk to. ;) :p

Perfect length and weight to be a good all around blade for you.
    I hope you enjoy it and it serves you well.

And in case I haven't done so earlier....
    A warm welcome to our humble family here!

8. Bookie

Bookie

Mar 25, 2014
    ....one final piece of trivia about the Mister B's two Katunjes. They both went through the earthquake last summer and survived. Got a little beat up, but in the end, found true happiness in America. I'm positive that since "Yangdu" was written on the blade, the earthquake was smart enough to know that it didn't want to push it's luck by upsetting the boss lady and left them alone!

9. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    I always recommend the WWII as a first kukri. It chops amazing, it's a great defense and offensive blade too. The head of the Bando association specifically mentions that model as an ideal kukri. It also has one of the nicest shapes to the blade. It is narrow near the cho then flares out to the bend and ends with a head. It feels very nice in the hand. Congrats on a perfect 1st

10. CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS

Nov 21, 2015
    Thanks guys. I think it might be my go to blade for the backpack.

11. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    Congrats CHEMMINS I've got a feeling you won't be disappointed!

12. Bookie

Bookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Good pic, Philllll.
    You're gonna like that khuk, Chemmins!

13. Red_October

Red_October

Dec 16, 2015
    Hi, I'm new here and I just wanted to say that I emailed Yangdu because I am interested in purchasing the 15 3/4 inch 29 ounce Ang Khola Bowie by Lachhu for $110. I am not sure how to compete the purchase, so I am patiently waiting for a reply email. Thank you and happy holidays!!! :)

14. philllll

philllll

May 23, 2013
    Good choice Red. Hopefully she will get back to you shortly. The waiting is the hardest part, as they say.

15. CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS

Nov 21, 2015
    I believe she will be answering emails tonight. She posted that she is off to the post office to mail knives, then will answer email tonight.