HI Scramsax/Seax/Saex Design Thread

"Hurry up and wait"

A process with which I'm all too familiar.:( Then again, I've got this special Nicholson "Black Diamond" 10" file, circa 1978, that want's to be an antler handled scram. Oh joy, also got this special 5 1/2" long section of axis deer antler. If I get too bored the sparks will quite literally fly.:D

Sarge

The above note in the schedule reminds me that I'll be cutting a huge check to Uncle, but can only do that when I have received all of the Checks for the 8 takers that are getting runes and such.

To cut this check, I must have all of your checks sometime between now and say, April 22. So far, I have received none. THat's okay, we've got like a month before they even arrive. I cannot front any money to pay for them, though, as I am currently on "forced unpaid vacation."

I have emailed each taker with the total and my mailing address, but please let me know if you need me to resend this info to you.

Thanks! We'll keep this ball rolling, won't be long now! Veery excited that Pala got to assist in the comunication of this piece to the kamis.

I like the sheath, DaveK. But mine will end up being plastic lined, for rust prevention, smooth draw, and sheath stiffness.

Keith

Keith, I wasn't sure where we were on the timetable, but just had a "feeling" yesterday and stuck the check in the mail then and there. You should have mine Monday, Tiw's Day at the latest.

Sarge

All right --

Since I paid already, I have the right to nag the rest of you guys! Send your money!! :mad: :D

Mine flew yesterday. :) I was going to say "The check's in the mail," but you know what that means... :eek:

Keith, when you get 'em just set mine aside and do 'em when you get around to it. I'm in no hurry, could be gone for six months to a year this time.:( :D Weep not for me, you can buy a lot of beer with that much hostile fire pay, and it's all tax free. Besides, I like bugs and dirt in my food, and hot showers are entirely overrated.;)

Sarge

I know it's hard to be careful in a war and all, but still...take care. My buddy from the 1st Marine Expeditionary said he wakes up every morning with his pockets full of bugs...

Keith

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
...pockets full of bugs...
Even the Iraqi insects have defected to the US side...:eek:

Hi, all: This is an update on the "Takers plus runes" seax. I have received checks from:

Sylvrfalcn
Ruel
Raghorn

and I am awaiting checks from:

Pendentive
Beoram
Sweet

Just an update. I'll place the order when I receive all checks.

Thanks! Don't hesitate to contact me via email!

Keith

Wood model, sheath and instructions will be flying out with Pala tomorrow evening.

One step closer...

I requested that 12 be made, 6 wood, 6 horn. If you have a preference for yours, make it known here. Keith - can you keep track of the ones you're getting?

Also, Pala has seen the instructions and is up to speed with the project.

I requested Bura to make the set, so we'll see what happens.

Here's a new timeline:

• Apr. 9 - wood model arrives in Nepal
  • ~May 5-10 - scrams arrive in NV - (8 to Keith)
  • ~May 12 - scrams arrive in IN
  • ~May 19-23 - scrams arrive at your home

Dan,

I've lost count. How many of the 12 (if any) will be available for those who were 'very interested, but want to see how they turn out'?

If possible, I'd like to put myself on a 'more committed' list, and prepay. I'm not that interested in having runes put on mine (sorry about that).

Thanks.

Here's the original list:

1. pendentive + runes
2. Ferrous + runes
3. Sarge + runes
4. sweet + runes
5. raghorn + runes
6. beoram + runes
7. Robert of Yorkshire + A.S. runes
8. Pax-V
9. ruel + runes
10. spence

Very Interested

1. Aardvark
2. Bobwhite
3. Yvsa

I ordered 12 in case someone decides to back out - OK with me.

This is how it will happen:

On the day they come, Keith will pay Bill for 8. The remaining 4 will be put up for grabs.

If you want to prepay Bill, go ahead. I don't think that will complicate anything.

Dan

Yep. If all y'all who are getting runes on seaxes have a preference, email me or post your preferrence. I'll be wanting horn, but woood aint bad neither.

Yvsa--The price from Uncle is 100bux even, I believe.

Keith

for the Seaxes with runes is this:

Waiting on only two checks, but then ready to roll with the order to Uncle.

Pens Updated timeframe:

Mar. 24 - wood model goes to Uncle
Mar. 28 - wood model sent to Nepal
Apr. 28 - scrams arrive in NV - (8 to Keith)
May 1 - scrams arrive in IN
May 7-9 - scrams arrive at your home

I've heard from some of you regarding handle material choices, and so far there is one request for horn and two for wood, the rest of us being either undecided or good with either. Shoot me an email if you wanna request a specific handle material.

Thanks!

Keith

Then there are only 11 days left b4 the seaxes hit Reno.

Uncle? Can you send me an email when they get in?

Still two checks outstanding. I have a buyer lined up for one of them if need be...

I gotta send the bux soon, like a week or less...

Thanks!

Keith

I'll take a horn handle if available, just for diversity's sake. All other production saex I've come across have wood.

Looking forward to this; got my new Kirk Douglas/Tony Curtis "Vikings" DVD ready to roll as soon as it gets here! :cool:

Schedule?

Since when do the kamis have any kind of schedule?

Let's not get them angry with any talk of schedules or they might not even make any of these at all.:eek:

-Dave

Back