HI Scramsax/Seax/Saex Design Thread

:D :) :D :)

After Bura works his magic, and Keith works his, I'm going to hire a vestal virgin to carry my two scramaseaxs around on a velvet pillow, accompanied by a choir singing selections from Wagner's "Ring Cycle".;)

Sarge

Originally posted by Sylvrfalcn

After Bura works his magic, and Keith works his,

I'm going to hire a vestal virgin to carry my two scramaseaxs around on a velvet pillow,

accompanied by a choir singing selections from Wagner's "Ring Cycle".;)

Sarge

I think hiring an ugly third grader is against the child labor laws.:rolleyes: :p

Keith = Glad you said it...I was thinking it..:eek:

dunt-da-da-DAA-duh! dunt-da-da-daaaaa....
tylerbrunauroroframe.jpg

Keith

Sarge. She make it up to the Bristol ren Fair much? I've seen her, or someone who could be her twin...

Modern valkyrie:
xb70.jpg

valkyrie2.gif

valky.jpg

woman.jpg

"The battle moved onward from where I did lay
I drew off my helmet to rest in the shade
When a soft even tread, like the wind in a glade
Brought a daughter of Asgard my way

Sing me no songs of angels I pray
For a Valkyrie found me in battle that day"

Keith, good eye, don't know the lady but know she goes to Bristol, among others.

"I think that's my insurance agent, Sarge!:eek: "

No doubt one of the "good hands people";)

Sarge

yeah, she was hangin with the Friends of the Faire up there, with a buddy of mine Dave.

Bristol is an awesome Ren Fair. Chris Poor's Arms&Armor folks always make a showing (and a big markup). Still, you get to handle the stuff they make, then order from their catalog.

Keith

Originally posted by Ferrous Wheel
yeah, she was hangin with the Friends of the Faire up there, with a buddy of mine Dave.

Bristol is an awesome Ren Fair. Chris Poor's Arms&Armor folks always make a showing (and a big markup). Still, you get to handle the stuff they make, then order from their catalog.

Keith
Or if youre me, you drive up the street 3 blocks, stop by the Arms & Armor workshop and play with other peoples toys.:D ;) Not really into Euro stuff, but just had to throw that in there. :rolleyes: :p

Sadly Ive only made the visit once, though it seems that they are open to more numerous visits. Got to see all thier tools of trade, find out how they make thier stuff, even where they got thier steel. However, just havent been really interested in going back, especially since I dont really wanna buy anything (though if I won the lottery Id probably pick up a few pieces). Though if yer ever in town, Spam and rice is always a plentiful at the Federico Household.:D

wondeful spam!

Well the least I could do would be to take ye out fer dinner.:)

Keith

P.S. What does spam have to do with HI seaxes...everything!

Keith

My hometown of Rochester was just a hop skip and a stones throw away from Austin, home of the Hormel plant the progenators of Spam. If youve ever been to the plant, its mighty scary. Barb-wire fences, watch towers, guard patrols, etc... Seems like theyre a tad bit defensive over spam's secret recipe. Though, the joke in my hometown, was that Hormel must put something in the water. The joke would make sense if youve ever seen the folks of Austin. :eek: :rolleyes: :p

sorry to but in, but all this seax talk got me worked up :) I had to go fire up the grinder and here is what resulted. The blade is a hair over 3/16thick 5160 and the handles slabs are purpleheart(Vikings had that didn't they?) I purposly made this guy a little rustic. I Used a draw file technique on all surfaces then went over it lightly with a 220 grit paper. It is about 12 3/8inches overall. It feels like a work knife primarily but could easily fill a combat role(just add a spear or axe) Let me know what you guys think BTW don't ask...I am keeping this one fer myself :D

Back