Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

I set about dismembering a largish limb that fell from one of the gum trees at home - the 18" WWII (Sher) and 14" Bonecutter (Murali) made short work of that one.

Both were a joy to use, even with the broken-collarbone arm. :D

The WWII:

HI_WWII_18in_Sher.JPG

The Bonecutter:

HI_Bonecutter_14in_Murali.JPG

Not pictured - internal struggle between acquiring a GRS or M43 as a big chopper. :)

Welcome Aboard smoke-n-mirrors!

Mate if you can chop through Eucalypt, while injured, I will not have any problems on Banksia.

Both Khuk's look great, I'm awaiting a 12inch/12ounce Bonecutter by Murali Kami, but the WWII shines!

As far as a big chopper, I'm leaning towards a 32ounce GRS to replace my 20inch/40ounce CAK.

Good luck with your decision making.

I'm really terrible at taking pictures, but here's what I think's a good combination.

short.jpg

Short, heavy, and powerful.

My khuks with some other friends...
khuksnhawks3.jpg

HEY! I think I have a Spike Hawk made by the same guy as you!
Tomahawk004.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yessir, Steve does some nice work and is a heckuva guy to boot. That's my first from him, but definitely not my last!:thumbup:

Short, heavy, and powerful.

Great photo Ryan. :thumbup:

Seeing a photo of Giant Chitlangi Bowie is one thing but holding one is an experience all of its own. Having the strength to use one is yet another story again.;)

Which is the heaviest, the Giant Chit Bowie or the shotgun?

That's a mean-lookin little shotgun, Ryan, and a meaner-lookin big knife!

Great photo Ryan.

Seeing a photo of Giant Chitlangi Bowie is one thing but holding one is an experience all of its own. Having the strength to use one is yet another story again.

Thanks guys. And the Giant Chit isn't that heavy. ;) Just remember, chop away from your leading foot.

Which is the heaviest, the Giant Chit Bowie or the shotgun?

Shotgun, though not by very much. The particular Giant I have is 59 ounces. The shotgun is 80 oz. empty as pictured, 85 oz. loaded (73 oz. empty without the scope and mount). I'm not sure what the most difficult part about shooting it one-handed is; handling the recoil, or just holding it up! :p

skylar, the bahg bhairab looks a lot like the bighorka bowie. how do you like it? i think im getting the bowie for a friend of mine for christmas as he is getting me the 25" sirupati for graduation. of which i will get pictures up as soon as possible. i think he plans on using the bowie mostly as a camp knife, light chopping and such, so let me know what you think. they were out of sirupatis entirely until yesterday and apparently horn is in short supply in nepal and india so i could only get wood. its ok though, it will a spectacular piece anyway.

Wow ! Lot's of Great picture's, Thank's to everyone for sharing them !

Hey Billy516 you got an Awsome Collection of HI Khukuri's going on ! The Hawk's are Looking Good also, Real Nice Collection of Kukri's and Hawk's, Thank's for sharing the picture,

hi guys
theres some beautifull kuks on display there guys
hi wolf just love that war hammer wouldnt mind one myself
just like to show some of mine first pic are from tora

second pic are from h.i. three on the left
ganga ram 22inch
garud ankhola 18 inch
foxy folly 17.50inch

three on right are
dankhute?
19 century dui chirra
m43 with scrimshaw work on handle
by bura

Last edited:
Cut a piece of lonicera tatarica with my Murali BGRS over the weekend. Them shrubs need trimming now and then... they're considered an invasive species in North America, but I like 'em... and the cats like a certain chemical contained in its wood. Figure I'll try to make a scratching post out of the branch I cut down.

CSGHoneysuckle20090802b_sm.jpg

You need to smell this stuff when it's cut!

Honeysuckle20090802_sm.jpg

CSGHoneysuckle20090802d_sm.jpg

CSGHoneysuckle20090802e_sm.jpg

MuraliBGRS20090802_sm.jpg

Owning a large Bonecutter has me spoiled for chopping, compared to other khuks, but I'll be interested to test the BGRS against my 15" AK to be fair. Of course, this variety of honeysuckle can be a tough ticket, picking up rocks and things in its trunks... I cut one down a few years ago that had previously killed a chainsaw! :eek:

Last edited:
thanks for that but i must get some more h.i. though
i did have about 30 h.i.kuks what possesed me to part
with them i dont know must have had a brain storm or
something never again tho

Back