Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

Favorite Gelbu from Shop 2 - carved rosewood

attachment.php

No, in particular it is this one that makes me giddy. Simply breathtakingly beautiful.

No, in particular it is this one that makes me giddy. Simply breathtakingly beautiful.

I agree, and fell in love with it as soon as I saw the pictures. A few years later Kumar did a 15.5" 20 oz. AK in carved chandan that is a stunning companion to this one, but this is still one of my favorites.

I just realized that I own that MCC. Its the exact same one I think. I compared the horn handles. Interesting...

Family Reunion:

5.jpg

From left:
21" Bhanduk, Rajkumar
22" Bonecutter, Sargeant Khadka
20" Berk's Special, Vim (Sold to 7rip13a)
19" ASTK, Murali
18.5" M-43I, Sher the Tiger
18" Bonecutter, Sargeant Khadka
18" Uncle Bill Especialle, Bura
18" CAK, Get
18" Sotang, Sher the Tiger
18" Gelbu Special, Pala/Dil
16.5" Basdol, Bura
13" Rehandled Hmong Salyan, Hung/Sher the Tiger

6.jpg

4.jpg

And their accompanying missus/concubines and children of steels:
Wife1.jpg

wife2.jpg

Last edited:
Jay, your disease is quite advanced! I'll join Bill in an intervention. Send me whatever Bill can't take. It's for your own good. I'll suffer and make room for a friend:D

And VTGuy, nice combo;)

Would be great to see some new pics! I really enjoyed this thread so far. You guys have some great knives and I really enjoy seeing them!

Is that yours Jay? That's awesome. Like a pirate khuk! I wish I had a pirate emoticon:).

Collection shot

030-2-1.jpg

Bottom-up:
1. pen
2. custom 13" Ghopte
3. BAS
4. Chitlangi 18"
5. Siru 18"
6. Gelbu 17"
7. WWII 18"
8. Tin Chirra 18"
9. GRS 18"
10. AK 18"
11. CAK 18"
12. Malla (B-43 type)
13. Dheradune 18"
14. Siru 20"
15. Chitlangi 21"
!6. Sgt. K CAK 21"
17. Dharan Khuk 23"

032-1.jpg

031-3.jpg

Last edited:
custom 13" Ghopte
We gotta talk about it Bud. Sent them my way!
Any more pics to salivate?

I bet them chop like Demon.

John,
It's D-handled Khuk by Bura i got from Svashtar. Sweet child of mine.

We gotta talk about it Bud. Sent them my way!
Any more pics to salivate?

I bet them chop like Demon.

I've got some other pics on here somewhere, I'll see if I can get you a few that give better measurements.

Yes it absolutely out-chops it's size. The Ghopte (humpback I think was the translation) is an overlooked design that is almost a grs but has a slightly different profile. It changes the weight placement, makes it very easy to manage but hard hitting. I had it made by Durba as a carry piece, hoping the pronounced curve would offset the lack of size. It works so well it is still a favorite carry-camp blade almost eleven years after getting it.

I've got some other pics on here somewhere, I'll see if I can get you a few that give better measurements.
Yes it absolutely out-chops it's size. The Ghopte (humpback I think was the translation) is an overlooked design that is almost a grs but has a slightly different profile. It changes the weight placement, makes it very easy to manage but hard hitting. I had it made by Durba as a carry piece, hoping the pronounced curve would offset the lack of size. It works so well it is still a favorite carry-camp blade almost eleven years after getting it.

I hope you can make a thread about it with pics and all. I've been asking for this model for years!

Back