HK USP fans, question

Rob Simonich

Big Bear
I was looking at the HK USP's today. Cool weapons but I still like 1911's better! My question is, do you like the Compact or the full size better? I am thinking of getting one in the future to do a camo job on. Which one will resell faster? 45 acp only though!

Rob, go with the full size. The compact's not all that concealable anyway and the full size handles better and is more popular. Better yet, spend a couple hundred more dollars and get the full size USP Tactical. It's a real tack driver with the match trigger and the threaded barrel allows you to attach the ultimate accessory.

Martin

Cool, 2 for the full size! Good arguments for the full size as well. I especially like the comment on "The ultimate accessory" :D

:(:p:(:p:(:p:(

DONT do it......TOO FAT>>>> TOO WIDE>>>>> TOO BIG
Ifn youre gonna buy an HK......get a rifle!!

:)

can I vote twice? :p

honestly I never shot the compact, the full size just felt better in my hands so I didnt bother....

hk.jpg

Well, I have both compact and full size (9mm and 45) and I like the full size 45 the best. first off, the compact is not a compact-it's thick as hell. Secondly, the full size has the "recoil reduction system" that works real well keeping muzzle flip down. The compact has a hard nylon bushing that does little except prevent premature frame wear.
Of course, this is a pretty stout pig to carry around if you are used to slim 1911's. I keep a usp45 with light in my bedside drawer.
The tacticals and experts and all are very accurate-I did not get one because I can easily get 2 inch groups from a rest at 25m with my usp45...but that is not what it's for. I don't need a threaded barrel, and the accuracy difference is there, but not a part of the equation in a combat pistol....any of the usp's are plenty accurate.
my next favorite size is the small frame compacts...it is the only 40 I would own (but I have it in 9mm) it is a hair smaller than a glock 19.
HK just called another 10% price increase, so if you can find a deal on one, you'll be able to get your money back pretyt easily. and if you can find a stainless one and dig it, grab it, because they don't make stainless full size usp's anymore.
sorry to go on and on, I've been shooting these a bit since they first came out in 94 and love 'em. feel free to email with any specific questions or where to pick up a good one.
cheers,
Derek
PS-you can also shoot the "45 Super" cartridge out of the stock usp45 with just a recoil spring change. I don't know much about the round, but it's supposed to kick ass.

I own a USP expert and tactical .45, they are without a doubt some of the most accurate, and reliable pistols made. easy to clean and maintain, easily field stripped, excellent service life, and they remain accurate much longer with much less maintenance. Not to mention HK's excellent service dept. Go full size, and if you got the $ try the tactical or expert model. My expert is scary accurate with about any ammo you throw through it. And not that recoil is a real problem, but in the HK's its nonexistant, even with +P+ duty ammo. And I can't recall either of them ever jamming, even during a competition or long day of quals. There are alot of excellent guns made today, I also love a good custom 1911, but you'll never regret buying a fullsize .45. Just my opinion. As for resale, around here you gotta order them, cause they don't stay in the shop long.
Chris

Rob,
I have carried the HK USP Compact in 45 ACP for 2 yrs now and it is an awsome firearm. Totaly reliable never had a malfunction or feed problem, about 4000 rounds through it so far. I don't shoot junk though, seems acurracy is best in the 185 grain area 200+ a bit flippy for me. The recoil control is the best on a small frame 45 that I have found. I got into them after shooting a Mark 23 but that was a monster size pistol. Carry is great and there are some really great IWB rigs for it. I have the manual saftey, DA/SA design if you check the HK web site they have tons of trigger options and carry styles in particular check out the LEM trigger. Its new and seem cool. I really like my H&K if it means anything. (Modern 1911 IMO)
J

Cool, keep it comming! One thing I noticed about the USP was for point shooting it points high for me due to the swell in the grip. I am used to a flat housing on a 1911 and found that disturbing. Anyone else have that experience?

I seen a used full size with 2 mags today for $550. Is that a good deal? It had been shot very little.

Here is a pic of my accessorized Tactical. It would probably look pretty damn cool if the whole rig was camo:D

200112114444884501338671.jpg

Sprung for the Gold membership so I decided to attach the pic.

I have the USP 45 in every model. I carry the .45 compact every day. The weapon is an absolute pleasure to shoot, can be concelaed as well as any .45 can be with 11 rounds in it and at 25 yards and closer, I can shoot just as well as I do with the Tactical or the expert.....wolf

yes, that is a great deal.
HK's are like glocks, if you see them used and want one, go for it.
I am used to an arched housing, so no problems for me.
New around here they go for around $650-$695 when they are around.
Hell, I picked up my usp45 used for that reason.
Only problem I ever had was in my compact 45, the firing pin broke. I do a good bit of dry fire practice, but the thing is, the damn thing worked with a broken firing pin.
supposedly it was a bad batch of pins done, bad heat treat or something...not an issue anymore.
you can look at the date code on the slide and tell how old it it...AA is (20)00, KK is 99, KI is 98 (J is skipped, I believe)KH is 97, KG 96 and KF is 95 and on down. they started making them in 95.
sounds like a deal, I'd grab it.
you could always upgrade to a tactical later if you want...great weapon, just more than I need right now.
cheers,
Derek
PS-
that's a sweet looking tac up there, and I like that USC too. How's the USC shoot?

550.00 is good deal I paid 670.00 for my HK Compact
Stay with the 45 its the only way to go.
I find that the Compact is quicker to line up point shooting not a problem. I get excellent groups out of it.
My friend just bought a Glock G36 45 Slimline and my HK beats his everytime, anyday, anyway. Don't forget mine is 2 yrs old.

Thanks. Yea, it's a CCFA Swiss B&T Impulse IIA. Pellet gun quiet and the gun has zero recoil due to the fact that the recoil booster on the can is tuned to the weight and cyclic rate of the Tacticals slide.

The USC is a blast to shoot. Accurate, reliable typical HK. The ten round mags suck but there may be a grease gun mag conversion available in the future.

Forget it, get a Mark 23 SOCOM :D

I shoot the USP fullsize in .40 S&W and I like it. A buddy has the compact, and it is a nice little gun, but for shooting, the fullsize is more stable and balanced.

SOCOM's are frigging huge! :eek: I got small hands, I dont thing I could wrap around one of those!

Cool pic of the HK's, is that the civilian version of the new subgun? (semiauto)

Back